• Published 25th Dec 2018
  • 591 Views, 43 Comments

Between Shows: Letters from the Road - Natedogg2006



Long distance relationship can be hard on even well established relationships. Watch two ponies grow closer despite being worlds apart.

  • ...
0
 43
 591

Summer Wrap Up, Summer Wrap Up!

Set near the start of the very first off season to be taken by The Great and Powerful Trixie in the entirety of her great and powerful career.

***

"Beatrix! We're going to be late." Twilight trotted through the rooms of her library home. Her marefriend, Beatrix Lulamoon, had been staying with her for the last week and Twilight had quickly gotten used to the comfort of knowing she was there. It was therfore concerning to her that she couldn't seem to locate her in the limited space of the hollowed out tree.

"Come on Beatrix. Spike already went on ahead to get things started for me. We need to..." She stopped as she checked her room for the third time, this time noticing something she hadn't before. A letter, sitting below the candle the lovers used to send messages across Equestria to each other while The Great and Powerful Trixie was on tour. "What the..."

***

Twilight
This is so silly. I don't know why we need to go waste our time wrapping up the seasons. Every other town just uses magic. I firmly believe we should set the example. You just go do the whole town in like an hour and I'll wait for you here.
Love
Beatrix

***

Twilight was confused as she levitated over a slip of parchment and a quill.

***

Beatrix
Are you seriously writing me messages from your cart because you don't want to go help with summer wrap up?


Pomf.

***

NO!!!
That's silly. Why would I be hiding in my cart.

***

I didn't say you were hiding. But you do realize I can see the magic trail going out of the window and straight to your cart right?

***

***

So do you want to tell me why you're hiding?

Pomf.

***

No

Pomf.

***

Yes

Pomf.

***

No

***

***

Pomf.


You're outside aren't you?"

***

"Yes. And I sent word to Spike that I was going to be late. I'll just wait out here until you're ready."

Pomf.

***

You don't have to do that. They need you, you should go.

***

"You're more important. I've got a book, I can wait all day if you need."

Pomf.

***

You are such a pain.

***

"Love you too."



Pomf.

***

You know, when I came here to meet the rest of your friends, they were literally the only ones I was worried about.

***

"Why is that? Isn't The Great and Powerful Trixie supposed to get you attention at all costs. Wouldn't that mean you'd be worried about the rest of the town still being mad at you?"

Pomf.

***

No pony bothers remembering a bad show they saw. Even if I get their attention, I'm just some performer they saw one time. I've literally done a great show in a town where I bombed before. Like bombed hard. Like ponies throwing fruit hard. Then when I came back I had ponies praising me while casually telling me about 'the last show they had gone out to see' that they made sure to tell me again and again, 'was just terrible'. And it was literally my show. I've never cared what anypony in any random town thinks about me. Because they won't think it for very long.

***

"..... And so now you're just worried.... ponies will remember you?"

Pomf.

***

Twilight
You are literally about to introduce me to an entire town of ponies, as your marefriend.
I've never been anything to anypony before. Ever. Not an acquaintance, not a friend, not family. I'm just me.
Except maybe Presto.
And maybe Constance.

***

"It's ok if you're nervous sweety. I'm sure everypony will love you."

***

***

"And no matter what, I'll be there for you."

<Click>

Twilight turned to see her marefriend standing in the now open door of her cart. She had a sheepish look and she seemed to not want to lift her gaze from her own hooves.

"Sorry I'm such a dork when it comes to actually making real connections to other ponies."

Twilight stepped forward to give her a gentle nuzzle. "You're not a dork. You're just a little weird. But guess what."

Beatrix smiled at what she knew was coming. "You like weird?" She confirmed with a small smile managing to break on her face.

"Well that too." Twilight affirmed with a quick kiss to her muzzle. "But it also means: That you'll fit in just fine in Ponyville."

Beatrix couldn't help it as a gale of laughter broke free from her. Her forelegs instinctively reached out to grab ahold of the other mare. They embraced tightly as Beatrix got herself under control before Twilight spoke again.

"So, are you ready to go meet these crazy ponies?"

"As long as I've got a resident crazy pony as a guide, I think I can manage."

Author's Note:

Some people apparently wondered what Twilight's and Trixie's first year together might have been like. I originally had no real desire to write about that sort of thing, specifically because day to day life stuff is hard to make interesting and I'm not a good writer. But I did think there would be a few little growing pains that could be fun to explore. And this series was perfect to explore those little moments. There will be a few more of these, I hope you all enjoy. Let me know what you think, good or bad.