• Published 25th Dec 2018
  • 595 Views, 43 Comments

Between Shows: Letters from the Road - Natedogg2006



Long distance relationship can be hard on even well established relationships. Watch two ponies grow closer despite being worlds apart.

  • ...
0
 43
 595

You don't understand!

***

Important note for this chapter of the story. The color of the dialog expresses the readers internal voice of the writer. Therfore, if dialog isn't colored, it hasn't been read by its intended recipient.
Although I'd like it to be known that I will not be indicating why it has not been read. Whether or not the letter was actually sent, or what state the letter was left in if it was received; all of that I'll leave up to you're imagination.
Enjoy

***

Set some time after The Great And Powerful Trixie's great and powerful return to Las Pegasus, (Chapter twelve, or the third chapter of the Mentors arc). But also set after a couple of much less successful shows she managed to pick up between Las Pegasus and her final show of her season in Canterlot.
***

Beatrix
I'm not sure what happened back there. I'm really sorry if I did something wrong, but at least tell me what it was I did. I know when I first asked you if it was OK if I told my family about you that you were a little hesitant. But I promise you it's not a big deal. They're excited to meet you. We don't even have to do the family dinner if that's too much for you.

I'm sorry I sprung the idea on you so suddenly, but honestly after what happened in Las Pegasus I thought it would be the right time.

Please, at least write back to let me know you're OK. We can talk about it when we see each other again in Canterlot. I think that would be the best way to handle this.

Love always,
Twilight

***

Of course you don't know what happened, how could you. You're perfect, everything you do is perfect, everything you have is perfect. All except me. I'm a mistake and everypony has always known it. Presto, my parents, .... , and you'll figure it out someday too. Whatever, just leave me alone.

***

Oh my goodness Beatrix, what happened? I've never seen you this mad, not even when...

It doesn't matter. I just know something is wrong. It hasn't even been a month since I saw you last and you seemed so happy then... Were you that frustrated about Presto? This isn't about what I said about him is it? I know your relationship with him is complicated, but it's not like I told you you have to think about him as your dad.

I'm probably bringing up things you don't want to talk about again. I'm sorry. I just want to know we're you're ok. If nothing else please just let me know you're ok.

Love always,
Twilight

***

You bet your feathering flanks you don't need to say anything about Presto. Don't talk to me about anything about family little miss perfect, I don't want to hear it. In fact I don't want to hear anything from you ever again. Don't come to Canterlot and don't come looking for me either.

***

I'm ok. I've been ok until now and I'm sure I will be once you're done with me too.

***

Please Beatrix
Remember what we promised. We said we wouldn't lose each other over something small. I know this seems is a lot bigger, but I still don't want this to be the thing that breaks us up... nevermind. You told me to leave you alone, and I at least know you're safe. I'll respect your wishes. I'll wait for you, as long as I need to for you to be ready to talk about... whatever happened.
Love
Twilight

***

Beatrix I'm sorry.
I know I said I'd respect your decision and wait for you to write me, but you know I'm neurotic and can't stop dwelling on stuff and I'm freaking out more than a little bit and Spike is starting to wonder if everything is OK and I don't know what to tell him or my friends because I'm sure they'll be mad at you and I don't want them to be because I still want to believe that we'll get through this even though you haven't written in a week and I don't even know if your ok or not at this point

***

Oh my goodness I'm a mess. I sent that last letter without even thinking. Please don't be mad. I just, miss you. So so much. We normally don't see each other for long stretches of time anyway, but this is so much different. I'm sorry, I'll just go now. But I'm still waiting.
Love
Twilight

***

Sorry.
I'm just checking in to see if you'll at least write to let me know if you're ok. Please write me back.
Love
Twilight

***

Beatrix please

***

I miss you

***

I still love you

***

Twilight I'm

***

Tw

***

FINE<drip>
If you don't want to talk to me any more <drop> then I don't want to talk to you either. <dripdropdrip>

***

I'm sorry

***

I still love you

***


***


***


***

Beatrix <dripdropdrip>
Please.<dripdropdripdropdrip> You don't understand how hard it is writing this right now. <dripdrop> As much as it would break my heart, I don't even care if you never want to see me again. <dripdropdripdropdripdropdrip> I just need to know you're safe at least. I don't even know if you've gotten... all my letters, but whatever you think of me right now I need to at least know you're safe. If you don't respond I'm going to have to go look for you, and I don't care if you hate me for it after. I don't know if it's something I did or you did anymore, but no matter what I still...<drip> I still...

***

Pomf.

***

Twilight
If you even get this letter, let me just say first that I'm sorry. I know you have no reason to keep reading this but please at least finish.

***

Twilight pulled the letter away before the ink began to smear.

"She's OK. She's OK and she wants to talk."

The surrounding ponies had been watching as Twilight had gasped at the sound of a scroll materializing. The cautious expectation they'd had as she tried to write on rapidly dampening parchment changed as she lunged towards a candle she'd only recently had the courage to pull from a chest she'd been hiding it in the last few weeks.

Mixed sounds of relief could be heard from around Twilight's Canterlot bedroom. Despite her tears, her friends noticed the first genuine smile on her face that they'd seen in a while.

"That's good to hear darling," Rarity started, but was still concerned. "But are you sure things will still turn out alright between you two?"

Twilight shook her head, tears shaking free as she did. But the smile remained. "But she's OK."

Looks of apprehension eased amongst the assembled ponies. Applejack was the next to respond. "Well I guess there ain't much sense in us holding a grudge if you ain't plannin' on it." Twilight shook her head even more vigorously, some snot now flying with the action. "But she did make ya' cry, so we're still gonna have ta' have a few words with her ourselves."

Twilight nodded from where her head now rested. Fluttershy had moved in to give her support in the form of a hug. She had to restrain a cringe as she spoke as the unicorn unconsciously wiped various fluids off onto her shoulder. "It'll be OK Twilight?" She gently cooed as she rubbed her back with a wing. "What are you going to do? Do you need our help?"

Finally getting herself under control some, Twilight pulled away with another shake of her head. "I'll be fine, no matter what happens. I just..." She took a deep breath as her voice still quivered with relief. "I need to pull myself together enough to write her back. I'm sure she'll be expecting a reply."

Author's Note:

It has been a really long time since I posted for this story and I am so sorry for that. I've done some major stories in the interim, so because this was just a little aside I think it just never seemed like it needed to be a priority. There will be some more of these I promise, I might even get around to giving it a proper ending at some point. I hope everyone is looking forward to it. The next few chapters will have a slightly different format that I have been having a lot of fun with. As always, let me know what you think, or tell me how mad you are that I haven't posted for this in so long.