• Published 10th Dec 2018
  • 2,935 Views, 74 Comments

A War Of Unseen Proportions. - ArkKane



[The Commander Is Online] [The Commander Is... Currently Freaking Out]

  • ...
8
 74
 2,935

Chapter 1: Did Not Think This Through.

Okay, so… status report, let’s see. I’m currently a Cybran Commander, a Symbiont, meaning if I work it right I’m still immortal. I have an ACU with access to all Cybran constructs with a high-end fabricator so I’m not in any immediate danger. I’m on an alien world with anthropomorphic equines that look… really fucking hot, so dying a virgin might not be an issue.

What else, what else… ah! How about the fact that I’M ON A WORLD OF GIANTS!!

When I was coming here I was not expecting for my ACU to be proportional to a human in this super-sized world! Which means me, a normal sized human, is about the size of a fucking ANT! So the only safety I have would either be inside a base or in this ACU, which would be limited protection when you consider said base could’ve been totalled by a single one of the soldiers these Equines had, especially considering I had just been tackled by what I could assume was a hot-headed civilian.

I blink at the thought, that was right, I was currently on the ground, with a Cyan Blue Pegasus staring me down after tackling what she assumed was a kind of demon. Thank god for AI-assisted cognitive thought or I would have been still for several good hours when really I’ve only been still for a second. Immediately two objectives were clear:

A: She can’t learn I’m just a very tiny human in a mech, the giant metal faceplate is the only safety measure I have and the only form they’re ever going to take seriously.

B: I need to show weakness, while a counter-intuitive strategy, she’s expecting a demon, and a demon could shrug this off. If I want to gain any kind of ally, I’m going to need to play the sob-story card and throw in a severely weak refugee act.

I took a deep breath, and commanded the ACU to follow my instructions to make slow, shaky movements, and to temporarily drop the quality of the outward speaker.

In this state ‘I’ meekly reached up to her with my fabricator arm, using whatever holographic systems I had to show a hand instead of a cannon-like implement, speaking softly. “W...why…?

The results were immediate, the instant confusion and creeping regret on her face as she heard my ‘broken and weak’ voice. “D-don’t play dumb! Why would a demon just-”

De...mon? I just came here, for help.” I left a pause with a few convincing coughs. “Please… help me, I can’t hold on…

And with that, I drop all except the most vital systems and the command link, a veritable silent running, causing the ACU’s hand to crash into the dirt as the lights of the eyes and body dimmed. Immediately I zoomed in on the command map so I could view the mare’s reaction.

The pegasus was actually panicking around my ‘body’ with tears in her eyes, believing she had actually killed me through her brash assumptions and immediate jump into action. She was trying to drag me into town frantically, muttering about how someone named ‘Twilight’ can fix me up, followed by the repeated pleading to not be dead before finally rushing off to get some help.

Knowing it wouldn’t be long before she arrived with other ponies, I decided to take a look around the control centre. There was a sleeping pod, a sonic shower, a Quantum-Net Computer-

Oh cool! A food and beverage replicator!!

----------------

It was now tomorrow, I had emerged from my sleeping pod and got a good shower, and I’ve gotten myself some breakfast. Now all that was left was to relax and let myself enjoy my cheddar omelette and apple juice.

“Good morning, world.”

“[Good Morning, Master!]” a very cheerful… and british, voice emerged.

“AH! What the fuck?!”

“[Oh, sorry Master, was I not supposed to reply?]”

“No, no. The reply was reasonable, the problem was I didn’t expect one, I thought I was alone.”

“[Did you not read the note? The Creator of this ACU wanted to ensure you understood every part of it.]”

“I didn’t believe much about it initially.” I admitted. “but yes, I did read it, I’m guessing you’re the assistant AI?”

“[That’s right, Master! And I was created via the memories of who you’d find the most appealing to assist you, then collected the matching data accordingly!]”

I blink, and finally caught why that accent was so familiar. “And so my ideal AI assistant is Seras Victoria from Hellsing Abridged?”

“[Yep!]”

I stared out before finally putting together the best response. “Fucking. Awesome.”

“[Thanks, Master!]”

“Alright, so… status report?”

“[Well, after the pegasus and her friends grabbed your ‘Carcass’, after discerning that you were still ‘alive’ they took you to the local hospital, the ACU is currently being directly fed magic via an IV drip.]”

“Is it causing any risks to the main core?”

“[no, it seems the Nuclear Core is being altered by it, nothing major right now but it seems our power efficiency’ll get better if we take in more.]”

“Alright… power up the ACU while I get ready, it’s time for me to wake up.” I finish my breakfast and head to the command chair.

Once I sat down upon the throne-like seat I saw the cables lower down and link, allowing me to be fed the full tactical readout. I decided to leave the Neural Link Software disconnected as it didn’t seem hardened enough for safe use.

A second after the connection completed, the front view-panel activated, revealing a sterile white ceiling, and the speakers opened to the sound of a low buzzing hum of the light. Since I was inside, the sensors of my ACU were all I had available to see my surroundings, so I decided to get up slowly and look around. As expected from my audio feed, I was alone in the room, it was night so I was most likely outside of visiting hours or at the least the pegasus would be here out of a sense of guilt.

With the lack of devices on me, I assumed with my ACU’s alien materials, they cannot monitor it’s vitals, so that means they won’t detect when I leave. I got up, intending to do so, turning to the door, I walked over and reached my hand out to turn the kno-

Wait…

I look down at my arms, seeing only two thin cannon-shaped devices for forearms, then back to the knob… the round, twisting knob that cannot simply be opened through a weighted push.

“...ffffffffffffffffffffffffFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-”

Author's Note:

yeah, I'm pretty sure the ACUs have some sort of holographic system to help accurately build the components of structures... or at least the Cybrans do, since those little drone things they use seem too small and basic to have a complex enough AI to receive and interpret tactical data, so they'd need partially physical holograms.