• Published 3rd Feb 2019
  • 20,192 Views, 3,199 Comments

A Crafter's Dream (Discontinued) - ruthim345



It'd been years. Years since the war. Steve was the only one left. Everyone else was gone. He lived, he fought. Rinse, repeat. All he wants is a second chance. And now, he'll get his chance.

  • ...
139
 3,199
 20,192

PreviousChapters Next
A Crafter's Dream: 100k words/1000th Comment Special

A young man sits upon a chair, looking down at the book in his hands. He has short, brown hair and hazel eyes, with light colored skin that’s dotted with freckles. Letting out a small sigh, he turns the page and continues to read, sitting in silence for a short time. Eventually, he looks up and sees you, the reader, standing there. He gives you a small smile as he closes the book and sets it off to the side.

“Hello there. It’s good to see you.” He stands and gives a short bow. “My name is ruthim345, but since that is kind of a long name, you can just call me ruthie for short if you want.” He sits back down. “Now, as I’m sure you are aware, I am the author of a slightly popular story called ‘A Crafter’s Dream.’ And in the five short months since I posted my first chapter, I have gained almost 100 followers, written 100 thousand words, and had 1000 comments posted on my story. And it is all because you, guys and gals, that I continue. I cannot thank you all enough for all of the advice, helpful criticism, and encouragement you have given me that has allowed me to shape the story into what it is today. Safe to say, it would be very different otherwise.”

“To kind of celebrate this milestone in my journey to write this story, I will be answering a few questions that readers have asked me that I haven’t yet answered, as well as talking about a few things. The people who asked me these questions will remain anonymous, for legal reasons.” He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a few note cards, shuffling them a bit and setting them on the couch arm before reading the first one.

‘Are you thinking about having the monsters from Steve’s world come into Equestria?’

“Now, I must say, the idea intrigues me. I can already think of a scenario where the guards are trying (and failing) to fight the mobs, then Steve comes in like a badass, busting every one of their kneecaps. But at the same time, I don’t know how that would work. How would the monsters get to Equestria. Probably a portal of some kind, but why would there be a portal? Where did it come from? Why is it there?” Ruthie lets out a small sigh. “These are the kind of questions I have to ask before I start typing.” Dropping the note card he was holding, he picked up the next one in the small stack.

‘Will Steve ever become friendly with the ponies?’

“Well, friendly isn’t the word I would use. Remember, while he doesn’t blame them for what’s happened so far, that doesn’t mean he trusts them. I think for the time being, he’ll remain indifferent to ponykind, with the exception being his friends, of course.”

“Alright, next one is…” Upon reading the content of the next card, his eyes widened and a deep blush appeared on his cheeks. Immediately, he ripped the card to shreds and tossed the pieces into the air. After a few moments, he took a deep breath and the blush began to fade. “So, I won’t be answering that one. And in case anyone is wondering what it said, let’s just say the question was more, romantic, in nature.” Clearing his throat, Ruthie picked up the next card.

‘Will there be any shipping? Because I’m really liking Stabyss!’

He sighs, a small smile present on his face. “I’m going to assume that ‘Stabyss’ is the ship name for Steve and Abyss. Pretty creative, if I do say so myself. As for your question, I’m not sure. I want Steve to get a little love for all that he’s gone through, but at the same time, I have no idea on how to write romance. I don’t know. We’ll just have to see.”

‘How did Herobrine know about Discord and Sombra?’

“That is a question I can’t answer quite yet. Spoilers and all.”

‘What kind of curse was Abyss under that Steve had to break her free from?’

“Only Herobine himself knows that.”

‘Why is Luna trying to put Steve on trial?! He saved her sister!’

“Yes he did. I know that, and you know that. But Luna doesn’t. The only thing that Luna really knows about Steve is that he is a dangerous and mysterious being. She doesn’t know that he saved everyone’s lives in the mindscape. She doesn’t know that the attack on the Ponyville barracks was justified, yet. All she knows is that her sister is in a coma from severe injuries, and that Steve was involved. I can’t really blame her for her actions.”

‘Will Steve ever team up with the mane six to take down some villain?’

Ruthie shrugs. “I’m planning on it. There are plenty of baddies in the show, as well as a few more that I’ll add myself, that Steve and co. will take down. Though it will probably be more of a enemy-of-my-enemy-is-my-friend, type of deal.”

‘Where do you plan on taking the story? I mean, does Steve get a happy ending? I’m really hoping he does.’

Ruthie stares down at the piece of paper for a few moments before sighing and leaning back in his chair. “I want Steve to get a happy ending. I really do. After all of the shit that he’s gone through, the battles he has fought, the friends he’s lost, he more than deserves it. But, it may not work out that way. As I said before, there are a lot of villains in the show. I’m not sure if he will be able to defeat them all. Guess we’ll just have to wait and see, I suppose.” He clears his throat. “Anyway, that was the last question, so now, talking time.” He takes a deep breath.

“Alright, in case you all haven’t noticed, I haven’t been posting nearly as much as I usually do. That is because of a few different reasons. For one, I have a full time job now instead of a part time one. For another, my niece was born last week, so that has been taking up a lot of time as well. Too much, in fact. Which is the reason I considered going on hiatus for a little while. However, after some thinking, I decided against it. Regardless, I apologize for how late my posting has been, and I’m trying to work it all out. Expect the new chapter sometime tomorrow or the day after.”

Beep. Beep.

He looks down at the watch in his right wrist for a moment. “Oh crap. Times up.” Looking up, he gives you a small smile. “Sorry, but it looks like I gotta get going. The boss will be a bit miffed if I’m late for work again. See ya later!” He calls as he runs off. Your eyes track him as he runs through a door at the far side of the room, shutting it behind him. There’s a few moments of silence, then the door opens again, with Ruthie sticking his head inside.

“And thank you for reading!!”

With that, the door shuts once more.

PreviousChapters Next