• Published 3rd Feb 2019
  • 20,269 Views, 3,199 Comments

A Crafter's Dream (Discontinued) - ruthim345



It'd been years. Years since the war. Steve was the only one left. Everyone else was gone. He lived, he fought. Rinse, repeat. All he wants is a second chance. And now, he'll get his chance.

  • ...
139
 3,199
 20,269

PreviousChapters Next
A Crafter's Dream Ch. 24: Revelations

Now, without further adieu, I present,

A Crafter’s Dream

The next thing Steve knew, he felt two hooves dig into his ribs as he was launched across the room.

Damage Received - 3 damage. 13 health remaining.

Landing with a thud, he knocked over various tables and chairs as he rolled to a stop.

“Alright, probably should’ve seen that one coming.” Steve said as he lay on his back, looking up at the ceiling.

Circle: Dodge

Sitting up, he was forced to roll to the side as a pair of orange hooves nearly bucked him in the face. Jumping to his feet, he was quickly met with a bolt of blue magic heading right for him.

Circle: Dodge

Circle: Block

Sidestepping the bolt, he stepped forward, only for a chair to be thrown at him. Reaching out, he swiftly grabbed the chair in midair, throwing it to the side. Pulling back his fist, he dropped into a fighting stance as he prepared for the oncoming fight.

“HOLD THE BUCK ON!!!” Dash yelled as she got in between the Crafter and his attackers, those being the farmer, AJ, and her dressmaker friend Rarity. She glared at the pair of mares, anger in her eyes.

“What the actual buck was that you guys?! You both just straight up attacked him!” They, along with Twilight, gave her a confused look, while the remaining two mare, Ms. Pinkamena and Fluttershy, simply sat at the table and watched with wide eyes.

“What in tarnation are ya talkin’ about, Dash? That’s the same monkey that’s been giving us so much trouble, ain’t it?”

“Yes, why are you defending the very same creature that attacked you, and kidnapped poor Applejack?”

Steve saw Dash flinch slightly at the question. She sighed. “Look, I’ll explain everything. But I can’t do that if you’re all fighting. Please.” They all looked at each other, before, slowly, they walked over to the table they’d been sitting at only moments before.

When Steve didn’t move, Dash trotted over to him. “I’m sorry Steve. I didn’t think that would happen at all.”

“Don’t worry about it. If I’m being honest, I kinda expected it. I don’t blame you, though. After all, this was my idea. But if they attack me again, I will defend myself.” She nodded with a smile. Following her to the table, he pulled up a chair and sat next to her, looking around at the faces at the table.

Dash had a look of nervousness, probably because she was feeling as jumpy as he was. Rarity had an expression of distrust and a slight hint of anxiousness. AJ straight up looked furious. Twilight looked confused, anxious and excited. Fluttershy, as per usual, looked scared. Pinkie had, weirdly enough, a look of realization present, which confused Steve for a moment. Shaking it off in order to deal with the current situation, he sighed, then spoke.

“Alright, look. I’m sure you all have a lot of questions. I do as well. So, in order to make this less complicated, you all will ask me a question. I will answer them. After that, I’ll ask my question. We can go back to beating the crap out of each other afterwards if any of you are up for it.”

“Pl-please don’t. I-I don’t like v-violence.” Fluttershy muttered, barely perceptible to Steve’s ear. He simply nodded, garnering the nods of everyone else at the table.

“Alright. Who’s up first?” Twilight’s hoof rose into the air. “Alright. What is it?”

“Why did you attack the guard’s barracks?” Her question was straight and clear. Steve sighed.

“That will take a little bit of time to explain. To make it short, I discovered that a certain guard had discovered I had become friends with one of your towns residents.” The ponies at the table, with the exception of Dash, rose their eyebrows at this tidbit. “They captured them, and attempted to use, disgusting, methods, in order to gain any info about me. I broke past their shield, fought any guards in my way, and rescued my friend. So, put simply, it wasn’t an attack. It was a rescue operation. If it was an attack, why would I leave the guards alive?” The company of mares shuddered slightly at the notion.

“O-okay. Thank you.” Steve nodded in response, then gestured for the next question. Fluttershy spoke.

“Uh, d-do you eat p-ponies?” She asked hesitantly. Steve stared at her for a few moments in silence, making her hide her face behind her mane.

“Uh, okay, first off, the Nether!? Second, no. I haven’t, don’t and never will eat ponies, so you don’t have to worry about that. Next.” Ms. Pinkamena raised her hoof. He nodded to her.

“Is this why you never wanted to have your ‘Welcome to Ponyville’ party, Mr. Ghostie?” Steve flinched slightly as he recalled promising, as Mr. Ghostie, to go to one of her parties ‘when he felt up to it.’ Now that he was face to muzzle with the party-pony herself, he felt bad about it. But how had she recognized him?

“How did you figure out it was me?” Steve asked. She sighed, and as she did so, he swore he could see her usually poofy mane flatten slightly.

“I never forget a voice, and when you talked I knew your voice sounded familiar but I couldn’t put my hoof on it, then I remembered Mr. Ghostie’s voice, and I realized your voices sounded exactly the same, and I figured you were both the same.” Pinkamena spoke, talking in one long, run-on sentence. Taking a small breath, she continued. “Were you really avoiding my party for you?” Steve’s heart hurt to see the expression of sadness on the mare’s face, especially since it was sadness of his own creation. He sighed.

“Look, I didn’t mean to avoid your parties, but it wasn’t logical for me to go. At that point, the town was already either wary or scared of me. Could you imagine me showing up and having every pony at the party panic? I wasn’t ready for that.” She jumped up slightly to argue.

“But if you had gone, maybe everypony would’ve seen you were friendly!”

“And if they didn’t?” She opened her mouth, seemingly to continue, but she stopped, then dropped her head down. Steve leaned across the table, ignoring how the other mares tensed, before putting a hand on Pinkamena’s shoulder, causing her to look up. He smiled.

“When all this blows over, you and I are gonna throw the biggest party in the whole nation! How’s that sound?” She smiled immediately and her mane regained it’s poofiness.

“That sound completely awesome!! Wecanhaveballoonsandcakeandcookiesandhotsauce
and…” Steve clamped her mouth with a hand.

“That’s sound wonderful, but if you could just slow down for a bit, and we’ll get through this Q & A first.”

“Mmph mmmph.” She mumbled. Pulling back his hand, he sat back in his chair.

“I suppose I am next.” Rarity spoke, pulling Steve’s attention to her. “Now, while I have many questions, I feel like this is the most important. Who in Equestria designed your clothes?!” She cried, pointing a hoof at Steve’s apparel. He quirked an eyebrow, then looked down at his slightly torn shirt and trousers. He didn’t see anything wrong with it.

“Rarity, what kinda question is that? Out a’ everything, that’s your question?” Applejack asked, clearly a bit miffed.

“I’m sorry, dear Applejack, but that outfit is positively dreadful! Mr. Steve, your shirt looks like it was run over by a cart a few dozens times, at least! And your trousers are covered in mud and tears! And while the dark blue and cyan complement each other, it is simply too much, blue!” Steve simply looked at the pale mare with a deadpan expression. He was getting fashion advice, from a small horse, that was currently naked.

“Excuse my lack of fashion, Ms. Rarity, but I usually am more focused on surviving, rather than my sense of style. Like the wise words of some dude from back home, ‘They say we cannot live without love. I think air is a bit more important.’ I find it’s a rather true statement.” Before she could respond, he turned his attention to the last mare, Applejack. She looked at him with an indiscernible expression.

“Well, your up, Miss. What you got?” Steve asked. She stayed silent for a moment, before speaking.

“Why did ya attack Rainbow Dash?” He sighed, finally getting the million dollar question.

“To put it simply, I didn’t.” This confused the mare, as well as her friends, except for Rainbow. Her expression was filled with fear and nervousness. “I, was attacked by her.” At this, they all gasped and turned to the mare in question, who seemed like she was trying to disappear.

“She was the one who hit first. I was trying to defend myself when Ms. Rarity showed. My guess is she saw me beating her up, and thought I was evil or something. We fought, blah, blah, blah, you all know what happened. I spied on the town, fought some guards, got myself something of a reputation, you all pretty much know that. Then during the winter, she came to me, without attacking me. We talked things through, I agree to give her another chance. It surprised me too, but after a while, I began to think of her as a friend.” He looked at Dash and smiled. “Never thought I’d become friends with a pony I’ve fought on multiple occasions.” He looked up, taking in the surprised faces of the mares. He stayed silent.

“Dash.Ya lied to us.” It wasn’t a question, more a statement. The words left Applejacks mouth with no small hint of anger. Rainbow flinched. “Ya lied to us, and to the Princesses. And to the guards. Why?”

“I, uh, I thought, maybe…” Dash sputtered, trying to come up with a explanation.

“Why?” Applejack said loudly, making Rainbow Dash flinch back slightly. Steve stood, putting out a hand to calm the mare.

“Applejack!” Twilight yelled, getting her attention. “I’m angry too, but we shouldn’t resort to violence!”

“I agree.” Rarity spoke. “Applejack, I am angry too at Dash’s lies, but resorting to violence is not the answer.” Applejack didn’t respond, instead moving around the table. Steve tensed, just in case she was going to hit Dash, but she moved past the pair, heading out the door of the bakery. There was silence for a few moments, before Steve broke it.

“Well, that went better than I expected.” Twilight glared at him.

“Oh? And how did you picture this meeting going?” Steve looked back at her with an flat expression.

“I figured the building would be completely destroyed within a few minutes.” He answered simply. Groaning in frustration, he rubbed a hand to his face, before standing up.

“Hey, Dash?” She looked up from the table at him. “I’m just gonna head out. I think I’ve done enough damage as it is.” He started walking towards the door.

“No, you, it wasn’t your fault. If I hadn’t…” Her retort fell on deaf ears, as Steve was already gone.

* * * * *

My power grows. Soon, it will be enough.

He eludes my grasp. My attempts to find him have all been for naught. The power used to get information out of that mare, Derpy, wasted. Even in this world, he angers me.

He was always the fighter. Even with me, constantly turning the tables on him, he continues to push through. Irritating. Though, his time is coming.

The time approaches. When my plan works, Steve will be obliterated off the face of the earth. There will be no-one left on this world who can stop me,

Herobrine.

Author's Note:

Hey, thanks for reading! Tell me what you all think in the comments!

PreviousChapters Next