• Published 19th Dec 2018
  • 429 Views, 5 Comments

Cauldrons in the Everfree - CoverArt



Every forest has its share of stories. This one's fresh. Gather round and listen to a tale of a brave heroine, a terrible curse, and, of course, vengeance.

  • ...
0
 5
 429

Act Three

Sunset grits her teeth as she passes yet another group of people. There are too many damn witnesses around, she’s starving! What does it take to get a couple pints of blood around this city? She’s had to stop herself a few times from just grabbing one of them and enjoying her meal. While a major part of her head is screaming at her to do just that, she isn’t stupid, she has to play things safe. That, of course, means waiting for the perfect targets. Though, perhaps, she doesn’t have to wait long.

Down the street she hears a pair of voices. One of them was unfamiliar, the other had an owner that shared the same class as Sunset in school. Sunset lowers the hood of the sweatshirt she had put on. She has a plan, or at the very least the makings of one. The scheming girl strolls her way down the street towards them, messing with her hair a bit to make herself look a bit disheveled. She moves her legs lazily, as if zapped for energy. As she approaches the pair, still a half-block away, she begins to pick up pieces of their conversation.

“Come on Lyra, you know I can help if you just tell me what happened.”

“It was just a bad dream, I just couldn’t get back to sleep after that.”

“Lyra, you wouldn’t have called me if it was just a bad dream.”

“I just wanted to be with you for a while Bon Bon, it was a really bad dream.”

Sunset smirks slightly, knowing that this will be rather easy. She makes her mouth frown again and sighs as the three girls finally come within speaking distance. Lyra is the first to speak, looking up to see Sunset.

“Sunset? Is that you? I thought you were home sick.”

“Yea, I was, I still am, I was feeling a bit better and figured some fresh air would help a bit,” Sunset makes herself sound nazely, it isn’t that hard, the transformation did make her sick, and she would remain that way until she gets her beverage of choice.

“In the middle of the night?” Bon Bon raises an eyebrow, crossing her arms. Sunset groans slightly.

“This flu is fucking with my sleep cycle, I slept all day and now I’m pretty much awake, great right? Besides, that sounds odd coming from the two of you, taking a walk, at night.”

“Come on Bonnie, Sunset is in my class, it’s not like she’s some random person,” Lyra intervenes, “Heading home Sunset or do you want to walk with us?”

Sunset gives a small shrug, looking between the two girls. Bon Bon’s eyes spend more time glancing to Lyra than are spent paying attention to Sunset. If she thinks that Sunset is up to anything, she isn’t showing it at all. Lyra, on the other hand, seems especially willing for Sunset to join them. If Sunset has to guess, it is probably due to whatever her nightmare was about, though the more cynical part of her mind says it might have something to do with Lyra’s grades in class. Either way, it gives Sunset an in.

“I guess if you two don’t mind. Some company might be nice,” the red haired girl gives a smile of appreciation.

“Yea! The more the merrier,” Bon Bon sighs, starting to walk down the street. Sunset and Lyra give each other a shrug before heading out behind the disgruntled girl.

Bon Bon was going to be the biggest pain to Sunset’s plan, she was on edge and already a bit suspicious of the group’s new addition. If the red haired girl was going to feed, Bon Bon would need to be taken care of first, but how to do that? That’s something she’ll have to think about as they walk. She, unfortunately, doesn’t know how long she’ll last without having her meal, she was already feeling weaker, starting to match the look she had given herself. But at the same time, she feels like she’ll go off the rails any moment, she really wants to honestly, but, perhaps, luck is on her side.

After about ten minutes of walking and talking about anything and nothing, they come across a convenient store. Bon Bon turns to the two others.

“I’m going to grab something to drink, you guys coming?”

Sunset raised a hand dismissively, “I think i’m going to stay out here, just thinking about food is making me a bit sick.”

“Oh? Uh in that case i’ll probably stay out here with Sunset, Bonnie, to make sure she’s ok,” Lyra moves towards Sunset, putting a hand on her back and giving a small pat.

Bon Bon opens her mouth to say something, but then waves her hand dismissively, “Fine, I’ll be out in a few minutes, don't go off without me.”

With that, Bon Bon went inside, leaving the hunter and her prey all by their lonesome. Sunset could help but give a small smirk, though she swiftly hides that from her victim, can’t have her seeing that this is all going according to Sunset’s newly developed plan. Suddenly, Sunset let out a retched gag, bending over slightly.

“Sh-shit, I think i’m going to be sick,” Sunset quickly ran towards a nearby alley, ducking into it. Lyra, after a moment of surprise, took off after her calling out her name.


When she got to the alley, however, it was empty. No sign of Sunset, nor the sound of a girl being ill. Did something happen to Sunset? Is there something in the alley? Lyra had no clue, but she can’t leave her sick friend there just because she was a bit scared. She slowly makes her way into the alley, calling out Sunset’s name occasionally. No responses. Lyra gives a small shiver, slowing down her advance into the alley.

She gives a small gasp as she spins around, she knows she heard footsteps behind her… but there’s nothing. What’s going on?

“S-sunset? Where are you?” She calls out, but her voice sounds too quiet. More footsteps, Lyra gasps again and looks to try to find the source. Nothing. This was too much for the mint haired girl. Her eyes kept looking this way and that way as she started to back up. Unfortunately for her, she backed up right into a hungry predator.


“Hello Lyra,” Sunset whispers in her prey’s ear. Lyra froze in place, feeling Sunset’s hands on her hips. She is about to yelp out in surprise but a quick, “Don’t scream.” makes the scream catch in her throat. Her eyes widen a bit, not entirely sure why she can’t defy Sunset’s order.

Sunset, on the other hand, smiles, discovering a new power is always fun. She put her head on Lyra’s shoulder, wrapping her arms around the girl’s waist, a hug from behind. Lyra twitches slightly, but it seems she’s completely frozen, either from fear or due to Sunset’s power.

Sunset slowly runs her cheek against Lyra’s smooth neck, moving her mouth to whisper into lyra’s ear, letting out a soft, sensual voice, “Oh Lyra, we would have a lot of fun if I had time. Unfortunately for both of us, but I’m starving right now , and Bon Bon will be out here any minute. Too bad, right?”

As Sunset whispered to Lyra, her hand slowly made its way up the frozen girl’s body, dragging her fingers sensually up her stomach and chest, Lyra squirming ever so slightly. Sunset really wished she could stop there, but there was no time, she continued to drag her hand up to Lyra’s shoulder, moving her head to get a nice access to her lovely neck.

“I promise this won’t take that long,” Sunset claims as she closes her eyes, opening her mouth to let her longer fangs come out, clamping her teeth down on Lyra’s awaiting neck.

As soon as she bites, her mouth fills with the sweet, glorious taste of Lyra’s life force, her blood. It’s better than any drink she’s ever had before and was quenching her thirst perfectly. She can’t help but let out a satisfied sound, drinking more and more, she needs as much as she can get, it is late and she doubts she could get any more victims tonight. She just needs to make sur-

“Bon Bon!”

Sunset’s eyes shoot open, hearing Lyra’s voice cry out. Shit, she must have let her control on the girl fade while she focused on her meal. Thankfully, it seems that cry used the last of Lyra’s energy as she faints in Sunset’s arms. Sunset moves to put her on the ground, wincing a bit seeing the state of Lyra. She was very pale, Sunset definitely was too ‘in the moment’ and drank too much. Oh well, time to get out of there. She turns around and, in an instant, was out of the alley and nearly two blocks over. Let Bon Bon deal with the aftermath, Lyra will be fine… probably.


Sunset briefly glances at her phone, seeing it is still quite a while till sunrise. She debates wandering around, testing out her powers. It was certainly fun to use! However, she has to go to school in the morning, as much as she hates the thought of going out during the day. Still, she has appearances to keep, can’t have her mini- friends think there's something wrong with her. She chuckles to herself as her mind races with plans on how to enthrall her friends, the next few days are going to be very fun.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the long delay, the real world is crazy, am I right? Enjoy the new chapter and cover art!

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment