• Published 11th Dec 2018
  • 414 Views, 26 Comments

A Black Sun Rises - Bronycommander



A month passed since the Adventure of Dinky, Katja and Blau Streifen in Africa. But another, much bigger challenger awaits them on Earth

  • ...
2
 26
 414

Chapter 21 Unusual things

Chapter 21: Unusual Things

None of the three children could believe this, just staring at him. Was there any way back?

“Children?” Fletcher asked again and Dinky sniffed.

“We’re sorry…We tried to find shelter from an Air Raid and…”

She couldn’t finish as Fletcher gave them all a comforting hug. “Shh., It’s okay. It was unfortunate, you aren’t to blame. We’ll keep you safe.”

“Well, that wasn’t part of the briefing.” A man walked up to them, large, muscular, with dark brown hair, a chiseled square jaw and blue eyes, dressed in a leather jacket. “I am William J. Blazkowicz. Unfortunately, we can’t return to England.”

The children took deep breaths, realizing he was right. “O-okay…How are we going to Isenstadt?” Dinky asked.

“With a submarine of the Royal Navy, we got undetected to the coast of Germany, the take a train to Isenstadt,” Blazkowicz explained. “Don’t worry, I will get a message to the Hill family.”

The smiled weakly at him, appreciating it. After a while, the submarine reached the coast and they got off-board, led to a carriage.

None of the five said, word, afraid they could get detected if they did, and after a while, it arrived at a train station and a man opened the door.

“Agent Blazkowicz? I’m with the Kreisau Circle. Come with me, your cover is already blown here.” He warned.

“All civilians are to evacuate the station immediately.” A PA system sounded.

“There he is! The American!” A German voice called out as the group got led to a back door with a hatch.

“Quickly – down here. We have Kreisau agents waiting on the other side.” The man said and they jumped down, into the sewer and he closed the hatch.

“On your knees! Schnell!” The other German voice ordered from above. “Where is he? Where are the American and the Knight?”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Tell us where they are!”

“I don’t know. Wait, no!” The man pleaded before there was a gunshot.

“Was the informant right? Was there an American and the Green Knight on the train?”

“Ja, but the Kreisau Circle got to them first.”

“Damn. General Zetta will be outraged.” The second German sounded concerned.

“That’s why we have to find them. Take your squad and search the engine house. My squad will continue searching this area.”

Neither the kids nor the adults said a word, knowing that they had to move on, as Katja pointed to something shiny in the water and Fletcher took a look. It was a gold bar.

“All squads, be on the lookout!” The PA system sounded again.

The way led to a wine cellar and a ladder which they took up and got greeted by another man with brown hair and eye. “I am Erik Engle, I work with the Kreisau Circle. Listen, we don’t have long, there are Nazis fanning out through the station, somehow they know about you. But we can’t leave yet. Turns out we’ve been handed an opportunity; a Special Operations train carrying experimental weapons is sitting at Platform 1. I hear you’re up for a little diversion, so grab some weapons from the table and fall in. Oh, once you’re in town you can get more ammo at the Black Market.” He explained as Blazkowicz picked up an MP40 together with grenades and Dynamite.

“Gut, my friends, now come. The Special Operation train won’t wait long.” He added as they entered a cafe's pantry, seeing a German patrol outside.

“Has this building been searched?” An officer asked another as the kids pressed themselves against the wall.

“I’m not sure.”

“Then be sure. Check it out.”

Dinky held her breath as a soldier looked through the window. “It’s too dark. I can’t see a thing.”

“Go inside and look, dummkopf.” Another soldier remarked.

As the squad opened the door, the Resistance members and American opened fire, mowing the squad down, before they could react.

“Additional squads had been dispatched to platform 1.” The PA system reported.

The then moved to a door at the other side of the tracks. “Let’s see how you fare at demolitions, B.J.” Erik said and the American planted the dynamite at the door, setting the timer.

As it exploded, the PA system warned about the occurred explosion and William picked up a K98 from a German soldier that had been caught in the blast. He uses it to shoot a soldier on the left behind a fence.

Fletcher, stayed with the kids behind the others, giving suppressing fire with his MP 40, moving when it was clear. There was a risk that Escher and the others may be there, a risk he did not want to take.

It was only a short walk until they reached platform 1, with the PA system informed it would depart shortly and Blau pointed at something on the other side. “MG42!” He warned and pressed himself with his sister and Dinky against sandbags as bullets flew past.

B.J. used the suppressive fire from his allies to move among a train cart and aimed with his rifle at the MG gunner. Having a clear headshot, he fired and took the gunner out.

“B.J., we need you on that gun!” Erik yelled and William did as told, with all others taking defensive positions, while Engle planted a bomb on the train car.

The Agents opened fire at the incoming soldiers, the children covered their ears from the loud gunfire until Erik was done and they retreated to a safe distance.

With a cloudy flash of electric teal, the entire train blew up in pieces, all carts getting deformed, the engine blasted through the wall, with everything and everyone getting levitated into the air.

“Whoa! Can someone get us down?!” Dinky exclaimed in slight panic, waving her legs in an attempt to hold onto something before Fletcher used his magic to get her and the siblings gently on the ground.

“The Special Operation train has been destroyed! Fire teams, report to platform immediately!” The sound of the PA system echoed through the station

They then heard William gave a grunt as he landed but was okay, yet saw one Resistance member lifeless on the ground as Erik checked him. “Don’t worry. He’s wounded but I’ll deal with it. Meet us at the Kreisau safe house.” He then pointed to a door and they all nodded.

To their surprise, the explosion had caused quite some damage, parts of the wall were collapsed and slightly burning as they got up some stairs. “The American is here!” A Wehrmacht soldier yelled as he and a fellow soldier tried to intercept the group at the top of the stairs but another explosion occurred, levitating everyone. “What the hell is this?! Help!” The German yelled in confusion before falling to the ground.

Fletcher did a quick check, noticing both were dazed, so there was no need to fight them and they moved on. A few more Wehrmacht soldiers crossed their way but a series of explosions occurred, having the same result as the last one, indirectly clearing the way without a fight until they came to the exit where another Kreisau member was waiting for them. “Follow me.”

“No doubt you need to resupply after that battle at the train station. Follow me to a Black Market hideout that’s close by. Then I’ll take you to meet Caroline.” The agent added and led them, into a house, pointing to a door in the hallway. “The Black Market hideout is right through this door. Go in and talk to the vendor. Then I’ll take you to the Kreisau Circle Safehouse.”

They did as told, coming to a man behind a desk with all types of weapons and ammo. “Have you seen Stefan and Anton? They’re brothers, they run the place. Stefan’s the brain of this operation while Anton takes care of things on the street. They share a passion for one thing – money. Mind you – were no criminals – just businessmen. And since the Nazi came, business is good; we make a killing on food and medicine alone” He laughed. “I-I hope this war never ends!”

William just rolled his eyes with Fletcher and the kids and showed the collected gold, buying silencers for their weapons, then met outside with the Resistance fighter again.

“Sehr gut. Follow me; I’ll take you to the Kreisau Circle Safehouse. Caroline is waiting to meet you.” Their contact led them past patrols and they all took notice how the entire town had sandbags, MG nests and damaged buildings from fighting. Also, a colossal armored Zeppelin hovered ominously over the town.

While sneaking past patrols, the group took notice of two wanted posters, one of Erik, another of a woman.

WANTED FOR TREASON
Erik Engle: Second in command of the Kreisau Circle.
Erik Engle is the mastermind behind a number of violent acts perpetrated by the Kreisau Circle. He is also directly responsible for the loss of numerous civilian and military lives. Any information that leads to the capture of this criminal will be rewarded.

WANTED FOR TREASON
Caroline Becker: Leader of the resistance group known as the Kreisau Circle.
Caroline Becker is wanted for numerous crimes against the state. Her seditious group of thugs have caused numerous civilian deaths. A reward is offered to anyone who gives information that leads to the capture of this dangerous outlaw.

After a short while, they came to a door with a yellow K on it. “This is the entrance to the Kreisau Circle safe house. Go in. Caroline wants to speak with you.” Their guide said and they did as told.

“Have trouble finding us?” Another agent asked them inside and they shook their heads. “Caroline, she’ an impressive woman, and not just to look at. Her brains and leadership have kept us all alive. She was a school teacher! Until General Zetta came and brought martial law. Her father was shot in the streets. Now she’s determined to free Isenstadt from Nazi rule.” The man told them. “My advice? Behave yourself around Caroline and don’t get any ideas, or she’ll…how do you say? Rearrange your face.”

They just nodded, Katja gulped as they moved up the stairs. Apart from ammo, maps and radios, it looked like a normal house from the inside. William came past a Kreisau member who eyed him with distrust.

“So Erik says you’re trustworthy, I think he’s too quick to trust. That’s his nature. But Caroline trusts him and he’s done a good job as her lieutenant. When he wandered in here, bleeding and delirious, his wife dead from a Nazi beating, he was nearly insane. Caroline took him in like her own father. Tended his wounds. So she offered him a job. If she’s the brains of this operation, Erik is the heart.”

Again they nodded, with the kids slightly smiling at the caring gesture of Caroline, before coming to a basement, seeing Erik with a young, blonde woman and blue eyes, both looking at a map, before the man smiled. “Ah, there you are. This is Caroline Becker, she leads he Kreisau Circle.” He pointed to her and she slightly smiled.

“The Kreisau Circle thanks you for your assistance at the train station. But we can’t help you here. We are busy as it is freeing Isenstadt.”

“Oh, they won’t need our help, Caroline, I’ve seen them in battle. I think they could be strong allies and the children are very brave for their age.” Erik replied.

“I’ll be the judge of that. If it’s true your target is General Zetta, we last spotted him at an archeological dig just outside of town.”

“Security will be drum-tight. We have no idea what the Nazis are up too there.”

“It’s a waste of time, you’ll be shot on sight. But if you insist.” Caroline pointed out, “And you shouldn’t endanger the lives of your young friends.”

“The will be safe with us, and staying undetected is my specialty,” Fletcher replied and the kids smiled at him. But If would be better if you stay here for your own protection.”

“But uncle, we could be of assistance, looking out for Intel and supplies.” Dinky protested, “Let us help you.”

“Yes, you helped us so much, let us help you,” Blau added, his sister nodded and he sighed.

“Fine. Just stay behind us.” Blazkowicz just nodded with a barely noticeable grin.

“One more thing,” Caroline interrupted, “If the Nazis knew you were coming to the train station, then we have a mole. Watch your backs.”

This filled the Knight with unease. Was the informant also aware of the children? This could increase the danger, he knew that as they walked out and the guide told them, “Follow me, I’ll take you to a truck that’s headed to the dig site.”

They nodded and he led them past German patrols, through the down, until they came to a garage in an alleyway. “It’s right through that doorway.”

“Thanks.” Fletcher opened and saw another Resistance agent next to the truck.

“So you want to go to the dig site, eh? That truck’s about to make a delivery here. Sneak onto the back and keep your heads down.”

They did as told and shortly after, a soldier took the driver seat, driving outside of town onto what looked like an underground elevator. As soon as it reached the bottom, they jumped off and made a dash to a tent on their left. Blazkowicz held a hand up as a soldier stood with his back in the flap and knocked him out, seeing a young man with black hair and blue eyes, surprised to see the American. “Please, get me out of here – the Nazis are going to kill me.”

“How do you know I am not a Nazi?” William asked him with distrust, pointing his MP40 at him.

“You’re B.J. Blazkowicz and Fletcher Fray. I know all about you and your mission.”

“Who are you, kid?”

The man stood up, holding his gut in pain.” My name is Sergei Kovlov of the Golden Dawn – we are a group of scholars we study the occult. I came to retrieve an artifact. But the Nazis captured me…they tortured me…I, I broke down…I told them where the Thule Medallion is.”

“The Thule Medallion?”

“It’s a very valuable artifact that’s located in a chamber just ahead. Please, you have to stop them. If the Nazis get their hands on that Medallion, all will be lost.” Sergei pleaded.

William looked at his friends, they nodded. “All right, kid. Stay here and we’ll make sure it’s safe for you.”

“Thank you.”

“Don’t thank us yet,” Blazkowicz remarked.

With that, the group moved quietly towards the dig site that looked like an ancient temple with the symbol of a sun on it. Both soldiers knocked out any Wehrmacht soldier that was in their path, clearing the way and the kids took notice of a letter on a table.

To: Special Projects Committee
From: Dr. Bohren


This dig has barely scratched the surface of the entire site, but what little I've seen indicates that the Thule were an amazing people. Their culture was one of great technological and spiritual advancement. I'm quite certain they migrated here, but it's a mystery as to why they left ... I suspect it had to do with a disaster of some type.



I wonder what could have happened. Dinky thought before they caught up to Fletcher and William, entering a temple, finding a report on another table.



To: General Zetta
From: Captain Gudenreich


Interrogation of the young Russian has proven fruitless so far. He is much stronger than I had anticipated. But I suspect he knows a great deal about this dig site; perhaps he might even be able to solve the mystery of the crystal. I've sent for a Scribe - once he arrives I'm sure the Russian will tell us everything we want to know.



"Looks like we just got here in time.” Fletcher suspected as they walked through the corridor and heard a strange voice.

“Acerrimus ex omnibus nostris sensibus est sensus videndi. Magna res est vocis et silenti temperamentum. Respice post te, mortalem te esse memento.”

They recognized it as Latin and at the end, they saw a man it a black coat, standing with a few Wehrmacht soldiers around a socket. His arms were raised and hands glowing in the exact same color as the train when it exploded.

“Aut nihil est sensus animis a morte relictum aut mors ipsa nihil.” He added in a menacingly deep echoing tone before Fletcher aimed his rifle and fired at his head. Blood splattered and he fell dead to the ground, the soldiers had no time to react as William fired quick bursts, taking them all out.

“I guess that must be those scribes mentioned in the report.” Fletcher suspected.

Then they all took a look and Fletcher saw two Medallions in it, one of them had a blue Crystal inserted and he took it, while William grabbed the other.

“Did you locate the Medallion?” The Russian asked as he caught up with them.

“It’s right here. Together with a second one.” Blazkowicz held it up, Fray did too.

Sergei’s expression was one of surprise before he said, “Give them to me. The Nazis will be here soon.”

Both soldiers stepped back however. “Sorry, not until we heard more about the Golden Dawn.”

“But the Nazis!” Sergei protested before sighing. “Very well, it seems I have no choice,” He said and held up a blue crystal. “Here With this, you can save us all.”

William took it and inspected it with Fletcher. “I've seen something like this before.”

“Me too.” Fletcher did a magic scan. “This is the same signature I found on that crystal in Equestria. It’s definitely one of those, we are on the right track.”

The kids looked at each other, wondering how that crystal could have appeared in Equestria.

William did insert the crystal and both Medallions started to glow, the children looked at it in awe.

“The Nachtsonne crystal I gave you has energized the Thule medallions; activate them,” Sergei explained and they pressed a button and in a blink of an eye, everything was in a blue-green color, hearing a hissing sound. “You are now in the Veil, a barrier between the Black Sun dimension and ours. Inside the Veil, you’ll move faster and see enemy weak spots. Use the medallion again to leave the veil.”

They did as told and Blau exclaimed, “Cool!”

“You can go in and out of the Veil any time, but you have a limited energy so use it wisely,” Sergei added, and the soldiers noticed a blue bar in the Medallion, slowly but steadily draining as they went out of the Veil. “Now, re-enter the veil and look for a glowing pool of light.”

They did as told and Blazkowicz saw one on the corner, walking over to it. “That is Black Sun energy. Step into the pool and recharge your Medallion.” As the American did this, Fray spotted a canister glowing electric teal and aborted energy from it, also refilling it.

“While in the Veil, watch for creatures called Geists. Some can become angry and attack.” The Russian warned and they all now noticed several blue-skinned fleas floating around, not bothered at all by them and also noticed a glowing entrance behind the Russian.

“Behind me is a passage covered by a Veil door – solid matter that disappears in the Veil. The Nazis have learned how to create those doors but you can identify them by the ancient symbol.” He pointed to the sun.

“Take that passage and find the Nachtsonne crystal hidden in the temple. With it, you will be able to use the Medallion as a weapon. Additional crystals give you additional abilities. I’m telling you this because the Nazis spoke of an ancient portal they recently excavated. You must use the Medallion and stop them. Meet me later at the Golden Dawn safe house in Isenstadt. Best of luck.”

With that in mind, the group moved through the passage and came to another part of the dig site, noticing a squad of soldiers with another scribe, all highlighted in bright green with glowing blue eyes, and the scribe saw them.

“Indivisibiliter ac inseparabiliter.” He raised his arms, they glowed and oval shields appeared in front of the soldiers, with the scribe grunting, as they opened fire.

The group went to cover and William threw a grenade between the soldiers. They couldn’t react in time as the shield was useless against the explosion and Fletcher finished the Scribe off with a controlled burst to the head.

“Sniper! Up there!” Katja yelled as she saw a glint on a scaffolding.

Fletcher switched to his rifle, taking, firing before the sniper could do so, scoring a shot through the scope.

With the area clear, they moved on, finding another report on a table.

To: Dr. Bohren
From: General Zetta


I should never have allowed General Shosshund to take the first Thule Medallion from Isenstadt, but I was being pressured by Berlin. Why that fool Shosshund chose to take a side trip aboard the ill-fated, experimental Caprivi will always be a mystery to me. But make no mistake, there is a second medallion at this dig site and you will find it ... or you will suffer my wrath.



Then they moved on, coming to another socket, guarded by another scribe and a squad of soldiers. Blazkowicz quickly eliminated the infantry with his MP 40 before the Scribe fired spherical energy blasts from his hands at him and he ducked to avoid hit before returning fire. But the hostile reacted quickly and shielded himself.

Fletcher used the Scribe’s weakness of having to stand still and charged forward, ramming his pear through the shield, into the chest, killing him instantly. Then they took a look at the socket and a yellow crystal was stored on it.

“That must be it.” Blazkowicz took it and inserted the crystal into his Medallion. In response, the socket lowered into the ground and Dinky gasped as the ceiling came down, threating to crush them, the siblings looked around in panic

“Stay calm!” Fletcher activated the yellow crystal of his Medallion as it started to glow too and suddenly, the ceiling came down slowly, like in slow-motion, but they still moved normally, as William pointed to some stairs leading that that just activated, vaulting through a hatch.

“That was too close…” Blau let out a sigh of relief.

“Yeah…looks like we are now deeper into the temple.” The OSA agent suspected as the walls at the end of the corridor moved, having spikes. Guess we have to use that time-slowing crystal again. Ready?” He asked and they all nodded.

The moment the walls closed in, they sprinted through, easy making it thanks to the new crystal. But at the end of the next corridor, the next trap was waiting. Sharp arrows fired rapidly against the wall.

Yet with the new crystal, they saw they were fired alternately, making it able to avoid them by moving towards the other end in a zig-zag course, with the way leading to a bridge.

The moment, the group set a foot on, it started to collapse rapidly, required the crystal to get across in time, which they did with little trouble.

At the end was an entrance, the portal they looked for was in here, guarded by some soldiers. Using his newly acquired power, William eliminated them before they even know what was happening, then planted Dynamite on the portal.

“Okay, that’s done, let’s look for an exit.” He said and Dinky pointed to a mine shaft.

“I am sure this leads back to the elevator.”

“Only one way to find out.” Fletcher took the lead, yet they didn’t encounter any resistance as it led indeed back to the elevator and they rode it up.

Upon back at the surface, they walled back, as it wasn’t far. “I am pretty sure this Medallion will come in handy.” Fletcher eyed his with awe.

“For sure. Caroline will be very happy about our success. We better move through the sewers to avoid patrols.” Blazkowicz suggested and the others nodded as they reentered the city.

Gunfire sounded in the distance, the sewer entrance was at the other side of the road, so they wasted no time to move as fast as they could.

Dinky’s ears twitched as a loud whistle greeted her eyes and she looked up in fear. Mortars!” The filly yelled warned but was already on the way down and rolling around at the explosion.


Dinky couldn’t tell how much time had passed as she opened her eyes, her vision came and went. Katja and Blau were next to her, also dazed, surrounded by dead and dying Resistance fighters in a fountain.

A squad of German soldiers in black uniforms moved past. They executed the wounded Kreisau members. A soldier with an MP40 stood on a ledge and shot a dying agent beside Dinky. Another dying agent beside the siblings tried in panic to crawl away but got also shot.

They held their breaths, hoping not to get shot too.

After they left, all three let out a breath of relief that hadn’t been noticed, yet Fletcher and William were nowhere to be seen.

“Are you okay?” The unicorn asked her friend and they nodded. “We have to get back to the safe house.

But as they stood out, they heard a voice. “Move Out!” At the other end of the street was a Scribe leading a Wehrmacht squad, coming closer.

In slight panic, the children looked around and spotted a slightly opened door in an alleyway, making a dash for it.

“That was close…I hope Fletcher and William are okay…” Blau breathed heavily. “Where are we?”

“A warehouse I believe,” His sister replied as they saw several shells with crates and other goods on it.

“Hey, you!” A voice called out and the saw a soldier coming down some stairs. “This is a restricted area!”

“S-sorry, sir, we had to find shelter from a battle going on outside as we were on our way home,” Katja replied slightly afraid, with her Brother and friend hiding behind her.

“Then you better get going. I have order to shoot trespassers on sight but…” The soldier’s expression became one of sympathy, a weak smile.

“B-but, were else is it safe?” She asked him and he sighed.

“There is a small bunker right at the end of the street, you can’t miss it.”

“T-thanks,” Katja replied as suddenly, she saw out of the corner of her eyes a flash, followed by something hitting the soldier from behind and he fell knocked out to the ground.

The moment they blinked, they saw William and Fletcher before them. “Are you okay?” Fray asked concerned.

“We are fine.” The filly replied and he smiled weakly.

“Good. That mire ability sure does come in handy.”

“Mire?” Dinky titled her head.

“Yes. If I remember correctly, there was a spell that had similar effects way back then and had this name. As this yellow crystal has the same effects, I thought I name it so.”

She nodded. “What are you doing here?”

“To retrieve a codebook. On our way back, we encountered a wounded agent who wanted us to continue his mission.”

“Okay.” She said and they walked up the stairs, across a catwalk and came to a gate, leading to a backyard and William made a stop sign as he spotted two officers on a catwalk at the opposite building. One among them, a grizzled, bearded individual, wore a grey SS-uniform and trench coat before a Wehrmacht soldier ran up behind them.

“Sir, a spy has been reported in the area.”

“No doubt the Resistance is making another attempt on my life – the fools.” The SS-officer taunted unimpressed.

“You must get to safety immediately, sir.” The Wehrmacht officer advised.

“Very well…But, you – place the guards on full alert.” The other officer ordered the soldier.

“Yes, sir.” He acknowledged and ran back in as the SS-officer turned back to his fellow officer.

“Here, take this codebook and put it into the safe. I’ll be at my home. Contact me should there be any problems.”

“Yes, sir.” Then both walked also into the building.

“Now we know where to find it. But with the guards on alert, we have no choice but to fight our way through.” Blazkowicz concluded. “Stay behind us, kids.

They nodded as a soldier called out, “That man is a spy!” A squad came out of the gate on their right but William reacted quickly, firing short bursts with Fletcher to sureness them, forcing them back inside, then threw a grenade, taking them out.

Then they moved through the gate, up the stairs, entering the other building, the kids stayed in cover, moving up whenever it was clear, coming to a room full of stacked crates with a narrow passageway leading to a floor with a sun symbol on it. Both soldiers activated the Veil and went through the floor with the children. They were now in a small storage room with a safe. “Bingo!” William exclaimed and cracked the safe, finding the codebook inside. “We got what we came for, let’s get out of here.

He then provided covering fire on the way out as the remaining guards tried to stop them, following shortly after and they went back to the safehouse and the partisan took a look at the codebook.

“It’s encoded. You’ll have to steal the code wheel from the officer’s home.

“No problem. You’re ready?” The OSA operative asked his friends who nodded.

The home of the officer was just down the street, looking like an ordinary civilian residence within the town.

Inside, the two soldiers, quietly knocked out guards from behind, with the kids searching the rooms once the guards were neutralized.

Dinky opened a door, entering a bedroom, seeing a soldier with white pajamas sleeping on the bed, so searched quietly and closed the door as she didn’t find anything.

“It has to be somewhere,” Katja mumbled slightly frustrated as they had searched the entire house, but not found anything as they came to a library, noticing one of the books was poking out of the shelf. She touched it and one of the shells moved aside, revealing to be a hidden chamber.

“What the?” a voice sounded and she found herself face to face with the SS-officer seen at the warehouse, a look of fear in her eyes as he raised his MP40.

“Sis!” Blau pulled her with Dinky out of the way as Blazkowicz fired his SMG, blood splattered against the walls as the officer got thrown back, bleeding from the chest as he died.

“That was Obergruppenführer Wolfgang Statz, the supervisor of Zetta. His death will make things easier for sure.” He said and noticed a safe on the wall, cracked it and found the decoder inside.

Having acquired their target, they left the house and Blau asked, “What now?”

“Caroline asked us to support an attack team at an abandoned church, as the Nazis constrict some strange device,” William explained as a Resistance member walked up to them.

“Good timing, I will lead you to the church.” He said and took the decoder, guiding them past patrols and out of the city. They saw it became slowly evening as it was quite a long way, also noticing a glowing light in the distance, raging in the sky, which was slightly green. “That light in the sky is the Nazis’ doing! We have to stop them before it’s too late!” The agent pointed out as they reached many ruined houses, scene of a fierce battle between Kreisau Circle resistance fighters and Wehrmacht soldiers.

They all took cover in a ruined house, pressing themselves against a wall as an MG42 fired from a window of an opposite building. Blazkowicz took aim with his K98 at a window, having mounted a scope he had bought from the Black Market earlier and fired, but the bullet did no damage and he noticed a small electric teal colored shield in front of the gunner.

Fetcher saw it too and drew his bow, firing a charged shot. It went through the shield, killing the gunner, allowing the partisans to move up, pushing the soldiers back.

Dinky took notice of some papers near some sandbags and pointing at it, Fletcher and William took a look.

To: Church Security Officers

From: Central Command

Central Command has ordered that Heavy Troopers be deployed as patrols along the roadway leading to the Church. Beyond supporting our base troops with heavy firepower, this will test how viable the Heavy Trooper is as a mobile weapon system. There are concerns about serious malfunctions of the shoulder venting system, but we trust this is a minor issue which will be worked out in time.

“This might come in handy.” William suspected as they assembled at a gate at the end of the street before a red flare was fired into the sky from the church.

“Damn! The Nazis are signaling for reinforcements! We have to move fast!” The guide yelled.

Suddenly, the wall on their left exploded, throwing everyone over.

As the smoke cleared, they saw a soldier in a large armored suit coming out of the wall, wearing a metal mask over the face, the eyes protected by red goggles and a helmet.

But that wasn’t alarming. In his hands was a large weapon.

A hulking mass of silver cylinders, pistons and wires. In place of a barrel was a metal dome with rotating needles, pulsing with energy. Two surviving agents fired their MP40s but the bullets bounced harmlessly off. In response, the hostile’s weapon spun up with a mechanical wail and fired a continuous twisting beam of energy that disintegrated the two partisans into green dust, with echoing screams.

Then he focused his attention on Fletcher and Blazkowicz, its weapon spinning up again and they dove behind a wall for cover. The children could just stare in shock at what happened, yet took notice that the hostile was wearing a Veil-infused backpack, having two glowing vents on his shoulders. “Fire on the vents!” Dinky yelled.

William activated his Mire to have more time to aim, noticing that the vents were glowing red, being weak spots and shot both with well-aimed shots from his Rifle. Fletcher then saw how a third, smaller vent extended from the top of the backpack and fired his K98.

Something at the top of the trooper's backpack started gushing this pale green mist. Sluggishly, almost nonchalantly, the trooper reached at it, trying to staunch the leakage. As those around drew back, the weapon pack, and its wearer, flew to pieces in a powerful explosion, leaving behind a pile of gore, leaving only his weapon intact.

“You’re okay?” Blazkowicz asked the kids as none of the partisans had survived.

“We’re good,” Blau replied.

“I guess those must be those Heavy troopers,” Fletcher commented and realized the armor was identical with that seen in his nightmare, also noticing something else.

Hadn’t the Night squad used the exact same armor but without those vents?

“Come on! Come on! Let's go!” A voice on the other side of the gate tore him out. “Are the Demolitions ready? The charge is set!” It blew open and a squad stormed out, Blazkowicz quickly picked up the experimental weapon and fired it on the enemies, also disintegrating them.

“This thing got a lot of firepower, a Particle Cannon I believe.” He said as he put a shoulder strap on it, able to carry it with ease due to his strength.

Then they fought their way through the ruins, until they came to a hotel, the sign said, “Schloss Hotel.“ A pair of stairs led down to corridors of catacombs until they came to another agent.

“You’re the only ones who made it? Where are the rest?” He asked surprised and in slight panic before adding with a deep breath, “It doesn’t matter. We have to get inside that church and destroy the Nazis’ machine! Let’s go!”

He led them up the stairs and the moment he reached the top, a bullet to the head killed him and he fell down again, leaving a bloody trail. But despite this, William and Blazkowicz had little trouble to take care of the defenders of the church, being just a few soldiers.

Going inside, they saw that the machine appeared to be a sphere of Veil energy, surrounded by 2 rotating rings, casting the light into the sky.

“So…How are we gonna destroy this thing?” Blau Streifen wondered.

Several glowing nodes were mounted on the rings, they glowed red in the Veil as both soldiers took a look and fired on them. As the last node was destroyed the rings fell apart.

The machine let out a low pitched sound, followed by groaning. “What the?” Blazkowicz wondered in confusion, his friends did too.

“Halt! Don’t move!” Several soldiers in Black uniforms surrounded them. “Surrender immediately!”

Both soldiers looked around for a way out, but they were completely surrounded and an officer walked up, his pistol trained at them. “Drop your weapons!” But all of the sudden, the machine sparked and made a high pitched sound, rumbling and they all looked in fear at it. “What is that?” He exclaimed before a green shockwave threw everyone over, the kids heard screams.

“Ugh…What was that?” Fletcher mumbled as he checked himself and the kids, all were fine, William too but there was no sight of the soldiers, having probably been disintegrating.

“F-Fletch…” Dinky pointed at something and he saw the SS-officer with his back to them. A green glow surrounded him and he bent slightly over.

Blazkowicz slowly closed his, MP40 ready before taking a step back as the man turned around and let out a terrifying groan with the kids gasping at what they saw.

The officer was no longer a man, but a burning skeleton, only parts of the uniform were still intact and roared into the sky before charging at the American.

He barely sidestepped, firing his SMG but whatever the German was now, only flinched slightly before lobbing a green ball of energy at Fletcher, who dove out of the way.

The kids tried to make a dash for the exit, screaming in fear but the creature noticing them, running towards them at a fast speed.

“No! No!” Katja yelled terrified, not wanting to die as it came closer.

“Hey!” William yelled and the creature turned around, facing him as he held the Practical Canon. “Take this!” He fired and to their surprise, instead of getting disintegrated, it fell with a dying scream to the ground, the burning energy extinguishing itself.

“Okay…that way something…” Fletcher breathed heavily as he hugged the kids for comfort as they trembled.

“Any idea what this creature was? William asked.

“I…I only saw something familiar as this long ago. We called it Despoiled.” Fletcher said as he faintly remembered.

“Okay. Let’s get back to the safe house, you earned some rest, children.” William smiled and took the driver seat of a parked truck, the others got on the back. Fletcher decided to think another time about the Night squad Armor.

It wasn’t a long way and patrols were nowhere to be seen as they reached the safe house, with the kids yawning as they got tired. After having Dinner, they got led to the beds and made themselves comfortable as they saw Caroline walking in.

“Hey, children. I am terribly sorry to hear what happened to you, but I promise I’ll do what I can do get you out of the town of it’ gets too dangerous for you.” She said with a smile.

“We know to appreciate that,” Dinky replied. As Caroline used to be a school teacher, she wasn’t surprised that she was so good with children.

“You know, under all those children I had in my class, I never saw any of them being as brave as you three are.” The woman admitted impressed. “Goodnight.” She then left and they all were fast asleep.


Despite what had happened yesterday, all had slept well, breakfasted and Dinky asked. “Where are we going to next?”

“To the Golden Dawn safe house, seeing what they have for us.” William answered her.

“Okay.”

They entered the sewers right next to the Kreisau Circle safe house, seeing through the hatches how now also Heavy Troopers patrolled on the streets.

As they reached the safe house, they took notice that on the wall were all kinds of religious symbols, and all members were wearing a necklace of a yellow circle.

“Greetings, and welcome to the Golden Dawn.” A guard said to them, “We are… scholars who specialize in the occult. Our leader, Dr. Alexandrov, founded this group over 50 years ago. We defend against those who would upset the balance of nature through the use of supernatural forces. Dr. Alexandrov’s reputation may have suffered, but our mission has not.”

They came to a table with an elderly man, noticeable due to having white hair, his eyes grey, a neutral expression as he saw them.

“I am Dr. Leonid Alexandrov, the leader of the Golden Dawn. Time is short, so listen carefully. We have come to Isenstadt because the Nazis have unearthed the Nachtsonne crystal. They tamper with powers they do not understand. You’ve refused to give us the Thule Medallion, I won’t waste time arguing about that right now. Since you are skilled fighters, I would ask for your help.” He paused for a moment.

“A group of our brethren recently attempted a reconnaissance mission and were never heard from again. But an operative from ours just discovered information as to what happened to them. Meet him at a tavern called the Raven’s Nest. Oh, no one must know about our work, not even your other allies. Loose Lips.”

They all nodded and William said, “You go ahead, I still have to discuss something with Sergei.”

“Okay, Blazkowicz, we see you at the tavern,” Fletcher replied and they left, with him looking at the map. “Ah, great, it’s on the other side of Midtown. It will be a long walk.”

“Look on the bright side, it keeps healthy.” Blau pointed out and he smiled as they entered the sewers again to avoid the patrols.

Still, despite the long walk, they reached their destination, seeing the words on a house at the end of the street and entered.

Inside, a pleasant sight greeted them. A piano player was playing music, with civilians and soldiers eating and drinking, not minding each other.

The stallion smiled as he spotted a soldier sitting at a table in the middle. “Look who we have here, didn't expect to see you here.”

The man looked up, his expression becoming surprised. “Fletcher? What are you doing here?”

Fray chuckled. “Do you really what to know?” He asked and the Sergeant shook his head. “Anyway, our young friends fully recovered."

They hugged the German with happy smiles. “Konrad! We missed you!”

Escher also smiled. “You're okay! Thank the lord!”

“Yeah, it took some time and it was very complicated but I and the doctors could save them,” Fletcher explained.

“I can't tell you how glad I am. I don't know what brings you to the Raven's Nest, but can I offer you something?”

“Wouldn't mind if you're offering, though unless you have something non-alcoholic, I wouldn't want the children to go thirsty.”

“I'm hungry too, what's on the menu?” Dinky asked and took a look.

“I pay for everything,” Escher said.

“I think I take Chipped Potatoes and a lemonade.”

“I take the same. You sis?” Blau asked Katja.

“Count me in."

Fletcher just shrugged with a smile. “Guess a small snack can't hurt. Chipped Potatoes with a salad and a glass of water would be enough for me.”

“Okay.” Konrad then gave the order to the bartender, who nodded. The other guests seemed not to pay attention to the newcomers, but an officer among grinned warmly.

“Hey, nice to see you.” It was Karl, David was sitting next to him, having an MP40 now, Hans and Tim shared another table.

“What are you doing here?” Fletcher asked him.

“Well, after the X-labs, we got redeployed here as part of the occupation force. But we are all just glad when we can leave. It’s a nice town but it doesn’t feel good to fight fellow countrymen and those experiments keep me out.” He shivered slightly.

“Right now, we have our break. My family’s doing well and we all got praised for our defense back in Italy. Karl’s got the Knight’s Cross for that.” Konrad explained and Vogel proudly presented it. “And I got nice news: James child was born in September last year, its a boy. He named him John, that was the name of his brother that went missing in the Great War.”

The children smiled at the news. “That’s nice to hear. And I think it’s a good idea to remember his brother.” Katja grinned happily before their orders were brought and they enjoyed their drinks and food to the fullest.

As they ate, they heard how David and Hans chatted. “Have you noticed? There’s something ‘wrong’ with General Zetta.” Hans pronounced wrong. “He talks as if there were invisible people standing around him.”

“Maybe he’s just talking to himself.” David suspected but Hans shook his head.

“No. I don’t think so. I think he’s insane.”

Then a strong stench entered their noses and they saw a civilian stumbling around, clearly drunk, grabbing a soldier sitting in a corner to keep his balance.

“Keep your filthy hands off me. Don’t make me drag you down to headquarters for questioning.” The yelled warned in a rude tone and Fletcher shook his head at this behavior.

“You Nazi bastards…” The drunk man mumbled, “You gonna pay for everything!” He exclaimed and threw the soldier to the ground, beating him.

Some civilians watched, while the kids could just stare in shock. “Please, do something!” Dinky looked at Konrad and the others with hope, yet Konrad shook his head with a slightly scared expression as suddenly a loud yell came.

“Where is he? Where is he? Which of you swine would dare to touch a German soldier?”

The drunken man had punched the soldier unconscious and looked up to see a muscular man with shaved head and green eyes, standing in front of him, making a gesture to get up.

With a confident expression, the civilian did as told, only for the muscular man to laugh before cracking his neck. “Guten Tag.”

The civilian fought with all his strength, but his opponent shrugged everything off, laughing before getting defeated with one punch to the face, Fletcher covered the eyes of the children, slightly shocked himself at the scene.

He was about to get up but Konrad held him back and the muscular man left the tavern with a stratified smile. “How…How could he do this…” Katja asked in shock as two civilians brought the body away.

“I hate to say it but we couldn’t save that man, we’d have been gunned down the moment we tried.”

“Who was that guy?” Fletcher asked.

“Hans Grosse, An imposing and ruthless German engineer. I wouldn’t recommend getting one on one with him, you saw what he did.” Escher explained with a slight hint of fear.

“A toast to Hans! The greatest German soldier to be alive!”

“Ja! To Hans!” Two soldiers at the bar cheered and Konrad shook his head in disbelief before a man in a leather jacket walked up to him.

“This town of yours, Isenstadt…It’s unlucky – I can feel it. Something very bad is going to happen. I just know it. This town is nothing but trouble.” Konrad said to the man with unease, who nodded before walking into the kitchen area.

“You just wanna be out of here, right?” Fletcher concluded and the Sergeant nodded.

“Ja, those brave men and woman fight for their homes, just like we do on the front.”

Fletcher then saw William made a sign and he nodded, turning to Konrad. “Sorry, we gotta go.”

“It’s okay, do what you must do.” The German turned to the Bartender to pay, but he shook his hand with a smile.

“It’s on the house.”

Not much bothering to know why, he just shrugged.

Outside, Blazkowicz told his friends, “Our mission is to free a captured Golden Dawn member at the farm.”

“Okay then, lead the way,” Fletcher replied, the kids nodded.

“Maybe, we can help you?” A voice said and they turned around to see Karl and the others. “We are stationed at the farm, we could give you a ride there."

“A nice offer, but you shouldn’t put yourself into danger just for us.” Fletcher declined with concern.

“Deathshead didn’t realize we were assisting you at his X-labs, why should anyone there? It’s our mission to help you get Dinky, Katha and Blau home.” Konrad pointed out and Fray sighed.

“Point taken. Do you mind, Blazkowicz?”

“Nope. You, children?”

“No. Just be careful,” Dinky said with fear and Konrad petted her.

“Of course, I will. Now, get into the back and stay low.” He pointed to a truck and took the passenger seat, with Karl driving as all entered.

“Oh, before I forget, this letter came for you, hadn’t time to show it yet,” Karl said and gave it to Konrad who read it with a slight smile.



Dear Konrad,

I write to you because I need to share something I can only trust to you. Back in Italy in September, I was intercepting an enemy transport plane and damaged it heavily. Yet it was still flying.

I took a closer look and saw it was perforated like a sieve, with two of the passengers barely keeping it into the air. I just couldn’t bring myself to shoot it down, it was like they were in a parachute. But seeing the heavy damage, I knew they would never make it to Britain. So, I did escort them.

Please, keep it for yourself, or I get executed. I dreamed night after night of this moment, and need to get it off my mind.

Your friend

Jessie.



If you would only know how many lives you saved on that day through your action.

Peeking over the back of the truck, the kids, Fletcher and William saw the farm, the outside patrolled by Wehrmacht soldiers.

Karl stopped the truck right in front of the farm, allowing everyone to get in unnoticed. “We were only guarding the outside of the farm, so we have no idea what’s inside.”

“Okay,” Blazkowicz replied and the squad moved ahead, chatting with the guards at a hatch, keeping them distracted, so that the others could get down.

The moment William got down, he spotted another soldier in black uniform, who started to ran as he saw the American. “The spy is here!” He yelled and an alert went off.

“Damn! We keep the children safe!” Karl yelled after he and his squad knocked the guards out and climbed down too, William and Fray nodded, taking the lead.

They came to a small crew quarter, a squad of those black uniformed soldiers was waiting for them, opening fire with Assault rifles, forcing them to cover.

Using Mire, William flanked them and took them out with short bursts. “Argh! Mein Leben!” One of them, an officer yelled as he died.

Konrad looked at the bodies and recognized them. “Those are members of the SS, they use the MP43, an improved version of the MKb 42, distributed in September last year.”

“Okay.” Fletcher acknowledged and they moved on through the tunnels.

Around a corner was another squad, shielded by a scribe, so William threw a grenade to take them out. In response, the Scribe charged forward, moving very fast as they only a blurry trail before he stood in front of them, shielding himself as Fray fired his MP40.

William then charged forward and hot him with a bayonet he had bought from the black market at the tavern, into the throat, though the shield. The scribe held his wound as blood spluttered before dying.

Resistance consisted of SS soldiers only, so Fletcher picked one of the MP43s up, realizing he would run out of ammo for his MP40, as none of them used it. His American ally used his K98 instead, as some SS soldiers also used it.

Eventually, the tunnels led to an elevator and they took it down. “Wow…” Dinky was lost for words as they saw the large facility in the caverns below.

“An intruder has been detected! He is to be shot on sight!” A PA system ordered as the elevator stopped and the two operatives fought their way through the SS forces, with the German friends and children stayed back, moving up when it was safe.

As the came to an office, Dinky took notice of a clipboard and pointed to it.

Manmade Crystals

By Dr. Rudolf Schiller

While initial experiments had shown promise, we are quickly coming to realize how difficult it is to artificially create Nachtsonne crystals. Because of the accelerated growth rate, their lattice structures are quite often misaligned causing a high percentage of them to be useless. But we have overcome that difficulty by growing a large number of crystals and using the Blutschleicher to locate the purest ones.



“Blood Skulker?” Dinky blinked puzzled at the word.

“Yes. I only overheard conversion from a scientist but apparently, those are a twisted result of human exposure to Veil energy and only good for their ability to sense the purity of artificially manufactured Nachtsonne Crystals. As such, they are also called Sniffers.” Vogel explained before Blazkowicz saw a tied up man on a chair, also blindfolded and untied him.

“Oh, it’s you. Why are here soldiers with you?” The man asked, being the captured Golden Dawn member.

“Defectors.” The American replied.

“Okay. The Nazis are using a Nachtsonne crystal at the bottom of this cavern. It is of utmost importance that you retrieve. While you do that, I’ll go and search for an escape route.”

“Got it.”

As they moved down the hallway, Escher asked him, “Changed your appearance to blend it?” B.J. nodded. “Kinda sits you.”

“Thanks.” He replied before taking another elevator down.

The two soldiers then fought their way through more SS soldiers, coming to a hallway with a small window at the end. “MG!” Blau called out as it fired, protected by a shield and they pressed themselves against the wall for cover.

Seeing a sun symbol on the right wall, Fletcher activated his Veil and walked through, getting right behind the MG and shot the gunner with his MP43 before he could react.

In the next room, the Medallions stopped to glow and they saw a SS officer checking what looked like a valve. William stabbed him with the bayonet and hit the valve with the butt of his rifle. It blew up in a small explosion and the medallions glowed again.

“Inhibitors for the Veil? Why would they need that?” Fray wondered and his ally shrugged as they moved on, coming to a pair of stairs.

“I heard last week one of the creatures broke loose and killed an entire squad.” They heard a German voice.

“Ja, it was quite a mess; but don’t worry, the Handlers can control the creatures. I just wish we had more than two for the whole facility.” It belonged to two Scientists, working at some machines before seeing Blazkowicz and Fletcher, becoming scared. “Please don't kill us!” One of them begged.

“Get out of here!” William said and they nodded with grateful expressions.

They then moved through a generator room and seeing another two scientists, working on the machines. “What activated the alarm?” One of them asked his co-worker.

“Maybe the creatures escaped.”

“Don’t even joke about that. Those things give me nightmares. I just wish we didn’t need them to sniff out the proper crystals.” Then they saw the American. “Please don’t shoot!” He just made a sign for them to get out of here.

The way then led over a catwalk to a vault door. Blazkowicz had no trouble to open it and they came to what looked like a Glasshouse for crystals, a large machine at the other end.

Blazkowicz examined it by pressing a button and two blue crystals came out, he and Fletcher inserted them into their Medallions and the machine turned off.

“We need the shields back online right now!” The intercom ordered and several SS soldier ran it opening fire.

The children screamed at the incoming bullet, closing their eyes.

“The bullets do not hurt him!” They heard one of the soldiers yelling and heard popping noises.

Opening their eyes, they saw a bubble-shaped energy field around them and the others, getting absorbed by it. Some of the bullets got reflected back to the attackers, killing them. One soldier tried to hit the bubble with the butt of his weapon but got disintegrated with a scream the moment he touched it.

Despite this, the Wehrmacht soldiers, stallion and OSA agent could still return fire through the shield, eliminating all hostiles.

“Well, that’s useful. Only a few unicorns can cast a shield spell like that, not even Shining Armor comes close to that.” Fletcher commented impressed.

“Yeah, but we need to get out of here!” Karl yelled as an alarm sounded and they all nodded.

“Alert! The shields around the pen have been shut down. The Blutschleicher are running free! “The PA system warned and Dinky saw blood on a window, with the shadow of a human-like creature moving away. “We're being overrun! Send backup troops immediately! Repeat! Send backu-“ With a rush it cut off and they saw a blood trail on the ground.

She and her two friends ran as fast as they could as suddenly, they fell over through a strong force.

Looking up, they saw that it had had been a vent on the ground that had been thrown open.

Their hearts skipped almost a beat as some sort of human-like creature climbed out. The skin was pale, very large feet and hands, wearing a strange mask that somehow reminded them of a hockey and body brace. But most concerning were the very sharp teeth it had.

They crawled backwards as it moved rapidly towards them, but Fletcher rammed his spear into it and the creature let out a dying groan. “That must be those Sniffers…no matter, let’s move!” Fletcher yelled.

Bodies of scientists and soldiers were scattered they moved through the corridors, seeing how the generators exploded, with more Sniffers crossed their way.

Taking a deep breath, Dinky shot a non-lethal spell at it. The sniffer got thrown back, crying out in pain. William finished it off with his bayonet, ramming it into the sniffer’ chest. It groaned and then became limp.

Katja and Dinky kicked them, allowing the others to finish them off with melee attacks by using their weapon butts or Bayonets, throwing them back and killing them as they hit the head or chest, with cries of pain.

Coming up the stairs where they had seen the scientists, they had to see that one of the machines was damaged, shocking the hallway for a few seconds, then stopped for a moment and lighted up again. “Stay close!” Fletcher said and activated with Blazkowicz the Mire ability.

They stayed close to the unicorn, their German friends stayed near William as they used the ability to get past the machine, seeing how other parts of the facility were in flames and steam came out of the bursted pipes.

But at the next door, a generator was heavily damaged, sending electricity everywhere. “Shield!” Fray yelled and he activated with William their new Veil power, allowing everyone to get across unharmed.

To their luck, the elevator up was still working.

“Hurry, we've almost made it!” Karl yelled as he saw the sign for the emergency exit at the end of the corridor.

Suddenly, an explosion threw him and the kids over. Their hearing was ringing, vision blurry, groaning as everything ached. Slowly, everything became clear, hearing a faint voice yelling something.

A loud groan followed and the kids screamed as a large beam heading towards their eyes. In a split second, they felt how someone pushed them away and a metal clash.

They stared in shock as they saw their savior had been Karl, now lying lifeless on the ground, as the beam had impaled through the chest, his left hand was torn off.

None of them had time to process it as they felt Fletcher’s magic engulfing them, levitating them on a train, the others were already open it, the prisoner included.

The moment the train started moving, the group opened fire at sniffers that tried to escape through the tunnel, a chain reaction of explosions destroyed the tunnel more and more, threating to catch the train.

Yet the train got out of the tunnel in time. “We made it!” The Golden Dawn member cheered, all others breathed heavily, barely able to believe that they had survived this.

As the train reached Isenstadt, they all jumped off, with Dinky slightly shaking as she processed what had happened. “It’s our fault…” She lowered her head in guilt, the siblings did too. “Karl died because of us…”

“Children…” Konrad began, his expression one of unease. “It wasn’t your fault. If he hadn't pushed you out the way, you'd have died too. There was nothing any of you could have done. He knew what he was doing and he did it right.”

They stayed silent, trying to make sense of what he had just said. Slowly, they came to realize Vogel had saved their lives.

“O-okay…” Dinky stuttered. “But what about you? Won’t you get into trouble?”

He sighed. “He was a good leader. I will do my best to lead the squad. And there won’t be trouble, as at the time this happened, we stay had our break. With the destruction of the faculty, we will see where we are deployed next. Maybe, it’s our ticket out of here. If not, we will assist you until you can go home.” He said with an honest expression.

The filly smiled weakly. “Th-thanks. William, mind if-“

He held up a hand, cutting her off. “Not at all.” He said and walked away.

To avoid enemy patrols, the group went into the sewers, taking a breather. “The destruction of the farm is definitely a huge setback for Zetta,” Fray concluded. “But I doubt it will be enough to stop the project.”

“Yes, I heard they moved equipment to the local hospital, it is very likely we all have to go there,” Konrad told him.

“Uh-huh. I guess you were never before here?” Konrad nodded.

“Yeah, but whatever they do here, I doubt it’s good. Though I wonder why they choose a hospital for their operations…”

“Speaking off…” They saw William coming down the corridor. “The Golden Dawns wants us to investigate the Hospital, saying some strange things are going on there.”

“Called it. Come, we led you to it.” Konrad said and took the lead through the sewers until they reached the hospital. He and his squadmates waited outside, while William walked up to the reception.

“Greetings, sir. How can I help you?” The Nurse asked friendly.

“The name’s Blazkowicz.”

“I was beginning to think you’d never made it. There are things going on here that defy explanations.” She told him and the kids with Fletcher took notice how the door behind the nurse opened on his own but the words were stuck in their throats. “The Nazis are performing some kind of experiments on the patents in the surgery unit.”

Just as she finished, her co-worker screamed and she started, seeing a human in a black grey coat, having impaled the other nurse with two blades before vanishing in a blue/green cloud.

The nurse William had spoken too attempted to reach the other door but it closed too and he banged on the glass. “Get out! Get out of there!”

“Help me!” The nurse yelled before the human appeared in front of her and stabbed her into the chest, she withered in pain before dying. William then grabbed a chair and attempted to break the window with it before the killer appeared behind it, laughing at him and vanished again.

“What in the world was that?” Konrad asked in shock as he ran in with the others, the children trembled slightly, Fray was also slightly shocked.

“I don’t know, but I think we will find out,” David suggested and everyone took deep breaths, moving carefully to the hallway, seeing through a window two scientists watching over a body in a room, covered by a white blanket, slightly bloodied.

“It seems the cybernetic implants and mental conditioning are more than the human mind can endure. I believe all the Assassins are mentally unbalanced.”

“Nonsense. They just need time to adapt to their enchanted abilities.” The other scientist countered before William broke the glass, starting both. “Please, don’t kill us!” They held their hands up in surrender.

While being disgusted, the American made a sign for them to leave, then read a clipboard next to the body.

Observational Notes by Dr. Bernhard Steiner

Current subject is only a third of the grafting process and is already experiencing severe cardiac arrhythmia. I don't expect him to live much longer. This is most disconcerting. We really must be given test subjects in better condition. I will take this matter up with High Command.



“Whatever they do, it’s costly,” Fletcher commented with disgust.

Moving on, they saw a patent behind a locked door, his expression terrified. “There’s something in here. It’s trying to kill us all. You have to…” He never finished as the same murder from before appeared behind him, stabbing him before vanishing again.

“This… Assassin creeps me out!” Tim exclaimed in fear, the kids slightly trembled.

Konrad gave them an assuring smile. “Stay calm, together, we can do this.”

They came through an office with another clipboard.

To: Major Vorsichtig

From: Dr. Bernhard Steiner

It was bad enough that you stormed into our hospital and took over, but now I hear you're stealing patients from their rooms. Exactly what are you doing with them, Major? If this has anything to do with the project you're working on in the lower levels, I will contact your superiors. I will not allow you to endanger the lives of patients at my hospital.

“So…they’re using patients for this?” Dinky mumbled in disbelief.”

“It appears to be so, but we are putting a stop to it,” William replied.

Upon coming to a small storage room, they heard a menacingly deep echoing tone, followed by laughter. “I can see you. Can you see me?” It unnerved the children a bit gulping, as they saw a patient, hiding in the storage room.

“This place isn’t safe. The Nazis are keeping us as tests subjects, doing awful experiments – and now there’s some kind of horrible monster around.” He warned them.

As they moved on, an intercom informed, “The hallways are off-limits for all patents!”

Blood was splattered on the walls, bodies of patients and nurses scattered around, laughter echoed and Blau saw one of the dead staff members holding a paper.

To: Hospital Personnel

From: Major Vorsichtig, Acting Security Officer, Reich Special Projects

Due to a special project that is underway in the lower level of this facility, I am taking full control of hospital security. Be warned: under no circumstances are unauthorized personnel to enter this area. Also, patients must remain in their rooms in all times. There will be severe penalties for any patient caught wandering the halls.

The group came across a wounded patent, lying on the ground, coughing. “That creature stalking the hospital was created by the Nazis. They making-“

He could never finished, as said creature dropped from the ceiling and impaled him before jumping ahead and vanished again, startling everyone and Fletcher let out an annoyed groan.

“I suppose you must think I'm easily intimidated. It doesn't matter how fast you are or where you can hide. Nothing escapes my arrows and once you make a move...You have nothing to laugh about!”

Katja shrieked as she heard a hiss, something had almost scratched her. “Stay alert! He’s here somewhere!! Blazkowicz warned, his MP40 ready.

The moment he turned around, he heard Fletcher’s magic and saw the stallion aiming his bow at him. “What are you doing?”

“Don’t move,” Fletcher said calmly and fired his bow.

It flew past Blazkowicz and he heard a clang sound. Turning around, he saw a now dead Assassin behind him, an arrow stuck in his head and Fletcher grinned at his kill.

Taking a closer look, they all saw the Assassin had a power pack with two large diagonal coils on his back, probably giving him his ability to turn invincible and was armed with a pair of Veil energy blades mounted on heavy gloves or gauntlets.

“Okay, one Assassin down for the count. Let’s find this lab and end this.” Blazkowicz pointed to a sun symbol on the wall and activated his Veil, walking through it with the others.

Waking down the stairs, they came to what looked like a secret lab, seeing imprisoned civilians, mumbling about the black sun, with one being supervised by a scientist, who reacted quite calm as he saw the intruders.

“So you’re the spy. Well, you don’t frighten me. No matter what you do, we will win this war. Our creations are just the beginning – we have tapped the true potential of creating ultimate fighting machines. Your armies do not stand a chance.” He said confidently before William knocked him out.

“We’ll see about that.” He then picked up the clipboard the scientist had been holding

Observational Notes by Dr. Bernhard Steiner

Subject has survived the grafting process and is being moved to an isolation tank for imprinting. Apparently, this individual was a member of the Resistance . . . which would explain why he was in such excellent mental and physical condition. Perhaps all future Ungesehen candidates should be taken from the ranks of the resistance fighters.

“That explains where they got ‘volunteers’ for it. Poor guys….” Hans said with a hint of sympathy, coming to a closed door, hearing voices on the other side.

“So, Sergeant, this portal we discovered at the dig site, what does it do?”

“I don’t know but the tests subjects who enter it either die or are transformed into beasts.”

“What’s being done with the creatures?”

“We’re training them to fight for the German army.”

Now knowing there were soldiers on the other side, Konrad and his comrades engaged them in a chat, allowing the kids, Fray and William to sneak past unnoticed, then joined up with them.

Getting past patrols via that method, they saw a horrible sight.

Several bodies in some sort of tanks with a brown liquid, unconscious. A clipboard was next to one of them.

To: Deputy Reichsminister Kaufmann

From: Dr. Bernhard Steiner

As expected, use of the Nachtsonne crystal has greatly increased the survival rate of Operation Ungesehen candidates. Unfortunately, it does produce a number of psychological side effects, including paranoia and schizophrenia. But these problems are manageable and I see no reason why the Ungesehen soldiers cannot begin field tests immediately.



Very familiar, if not almost like with Gringore…Except they don’t have chainsaws… Fletcher thought as they moved on through another veil entrance, coming to what looked like a generator room. It created a large sum of electricity.

“No way we gonna get past that. We must deactivate it.” William concluded and spotted a ladder, leading down to a catwalk.

At the end of it was a smaller generator, a strange looking weapon, its front was spinning, powering the machine, overlooked by a single scientist, who held his arms up in surrender as Blazkowicz came closer. “Take where you want. Just don’t kill me.”

The American grabbed the weapon, disabling the generator. “They will coming to see what happened. You’ll never escape!” The scientist yelled before laugher sounded and Blazkowicz fired his new weapon at the incoming Assassin.

The weapon discharged multiple arcs of electricity as it hit the enemy, causing him to fall dead to the ground, twitching.

Then he made a shoulder strap for it and climbed up the ladder again. “Whatever you did, you disabled the barrier. What’s that?” Konrad pointed at the strange weapon.

“It’s a Tesla gun, it was powering the barrier. The same weapon, Deathshead had used for you, children.” William explained and the young friends slightly shivered at the memories.

The way led to another door and William entered first. He saw the same portal he had seen at the dig site, hanged up by pillars in the middle of the room. It glowed green as it was activated, a scientist and SS officer stood before it on a platform.

“Tuning the harmonic frequencies has proven much harder than we thought. Every test subject that passes through the portal still returns to us altered.” The scientist explained before spotting the intruder. “Mein Gott! its’s the spy! You must protect me.” He said to the officer, who just grinned.

“Nein, Herr Doctor. You will be the one who protects me.” He shoved the scientist through the portal, then turned back to William. “Now you will witness just how powerful the German Army is destined to be-“

Before he could finish, the officer was pulled into the air, then apart, by two massive, tortured-looking hands, his body coming apart in two bloody pieces, barely having any time to scream.

What emerged from the portal could only be described as savagery given form. A grotesque mass of flesh and muscle wrapped around some form of evil, otherworldly energy. An pale, hairless, hunched semi-human of immense size. Every limb was swollen morbidly. Its face barely showed through the furrowed brow, slavering jowls and rows of lipless teeth. Grashing and growling like a beast, it honed in on the horrified onlookers, determined to crush its observers for seemingly no other reason than pure rage at everything it saw.

The platform creaked and collapsed under the weight, causing the creature to fall down. Yet it got up fast and punched the ground in anger.

As it charged at them, all soldiers vaulted over the small terrace to keep it away from the children, firing their weapons and dodged it’s charging attacks as good as they could.

“How are we gonna kill that thing?!” Has yelled in frustration as the bullets seemed to have no effect.

The kids looked with worry at the ongoing battle. “There must be a way to help them!” Katja looked around, then got an idea. “Lure it into the pillars!”

William nodded, taking position behind one of the four pillars and fired at the beast as it was charging at Fletcher, who teleported out of the way.

Provoked, it charged at William and hit the pillar, destroying it completely, being briefly dazed.

Fletcher quickly took position behind another pillar and fired his MP43, provoking the beast to charge at him, the same result as with Blazkowicz. Konrad fired behind the third pillar, and took a step back as the beast charged at him and destroyed the pillar.

“Hey! Beast!” A young male voice called out and they saw the kids standing behind the last pillar with brave expressions, Dinky fired a non-lethal spell to provoke it and it worked.

With the last pillar destroyed, the portal fell down but started to glow brighter and brighter, and everyone felt how they get pulled towards it.

“No! No! No No!” Tim tried to hold onto something, it was in vain.

Slightly dazed, they opened their eyes and could only stare at what they saw.

They found themselves in a ruin, the beast in front of them, getting up but suddenly, got sucked into the air, screaming and struggling.

Looking up, they all saw how debris and the creature got sucked towards a black star.

It was unlike anything they'd ever seen. The air itself was different, musty, oily, coppery, so many bizarre senses that shook and stung. The light was different. The Black Sun gave off an eerie viridian luminosity to everything, bathing the place in a teal. The place they stood upon were ruins of some kind. Like those one might find in vestiges of past in Europe. Ancient Greek or Roman structure but something...off.

This place was a backwards land where the rules they were used to meant nothing.

“Wow…So this must be the Black Sun dimension…”It’s beautiful…” Fletcher mumbled, he couldn’t help but admire it before everything went white and they were in the hospital again.

“Okay…portals gone, let’s get out of here.” Escher let out a breath of relief, the children breathed heavily.

William inspected a generator that had powered the portal, finding two red crystal in it. He and Fletcher inserted them into their Medallions. They glowed red, and their weapons had a red aura too.

Blazkowicz tested this new power by firing at a generator behind a Veil shield and table. His shot went right through the shield and table, leaving a hot bullet hole on the later and destroyed the generator, disabling the shield.

Behind the shield was a staircase leaving an emergency exit, which they all took. “Okay, we should report to Caroline about our progress,” Fray suggested and Blazkowicz nodded.

“And we will be there if you need us,” Konrad said before they all went their separate ways.

The two operatives took the sewers with the kids again to avoid conflicts, now seeing that also SS soldiers patrolled the streets on their way to the safehouse.

“Welcome back.” Caroline greeted them with a smile. “We got a message from the Golden Dawn. Several of their members have been taken for interrogation. They asked for your help, saying the captured men are at the local SS Headquarters. We also tracked some parts from the device you destroyed to an abandoned cannery in Isenstadt. I need you to do some reconnaissance.”

“No problem, But can you get Dinky, Katja and Blau Streifen out of town? It’s getting too dangerous here.” Fletcher asked her. He knew it became too risky after seeing the Assassins and that beast at the hospital.

“Of course, I already thought ahead. My agents can get them to a transport out of town to a safer place.” She said, smiling warmly at the children.

This time, the children didn’t mind, they knew themselves it the danger had become too high for them. “Be careful, Fletcher.” Dinky gave him with the siblings a hug, he returned it.

“Of course, I will.” Then he moved out with Blazkowicz.

A group of Kreisau agents walked up to the kids. “Are you ready? We will bring to a building at the city limits, from there, a truck will of town bring you out.” One of them said and they nodded, looking with grateful smiles at Caroline, who returned it.

“It’s the least I can do.”

The group led them past patrols with ease, coming to a two-story building and got in.

“Strange, the truck should be already here. Guess he got delayed, let’s wait.” The leader of the agents suggested and the kids nodded.

But little did they know, a SS squad was moving up near the building. “General Zetta wants the children alive. Do NOT screw this up.”

Dinky looked out of the window, enjoying the view, as she suddenly saw some SS soldiers coming closer and pointed at them. “I think we got trouble!” She yelled and the leader of the group now saw them too.

“Damn! Hold them off, I get them to the next floor!” He yelled to his fellow Resistance members, they all nodded.

While scared, Dinky and her friends followed without hesitation, coming past a window as they heard gunfire.

There was a loud bang and the window shattered, causing them to shriek, covering their heads. Uncovering them, they saw to their shock how the leader of the group was lying on the floor in a puddle of blood, having been killed by a sniper outside.

“Go to hell…Nazis scum!” A wounded voice sounded from downstairs.

“You first, pissant.” Another voice replied, followed by a gunshot.

In a panic, the children ran upstairs unto they came to a dead end, hugging each other for dear life, as they heard another voice.

“We have you surrounded. Surrender and you will not be harmed.”

Dinky looked around for a way out, but a jump out of the window from this high would be fatal and the stairs were the only way down.

The sound of boots greeted their eyes, seeing a few SS soldiers coming up, their weapons trained at them.

Shaking, Katja held up her hands in surrender, her brother and friend did the same with their hooves. “Don’t shoot…We’re coming with you.” Dinky said with a scared voice as they stood up.

“Securing prisoners. Prepare an interrogation room.” One of the soldiers, an officer ordered another soldier.

Dinky, Katja and Blau Streifen knew it was their only choice if they wanted to live. But they dreaded what would happen to them.