• Published 5th Aug 2012
  • 2,148 Views, 28 Comments

A Desert Tale - Seanessy



Remember "The Last Round Up"? Ever wonder what Rarity and Pinkie Pie had to go through to get home?

  • ...
0
 28
 2,148

Chapter 2

“So… tired…” the unicorn whined as she laid on the unmoving hoof-cart.

“Ooooey woooey, my forelegs feel goooey!”

Rarity rolled her eyes, even exhausted the party pony was random and somehow still cheery. The unicorn sat up with what little strength she had. “Pinkie, it’s been at least another hour. We should’ve made it to Canterlot by now. We simply must be heading back towards Ponyville.”

“Should we turn back?

“Dear Celestia, no!”

“But our friends are probably superdee duperdee worried!”

“When they realize that we’re not in Canterlot, they will more than likely think we probably took a train back home and will board the next one. And when I get my hooves on that Rainbow…”

“Like that train, Rarity?” Pinkie pointed at the oncoming train.

“ Yes, darling…Wait, wha-!?”

The unicorn’s eyes widened as the train charged full speed in their direction. She immediately sat up and jumped off the hoof-cart. The train’s whistle blew loudly.

“Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii train!” Pinkie exclaimed as it started getting closer.

“Pinkie!"

“Yeah, Rarity?”

“Get off the hoof-cart you silly foal!”

“Why?”

“The train is going to run you over, that’s why!” Rarity shouted as the train’s whistle blew again.

“Because why?”

The train whistle blew a third time drowning out Rarity’s words. The white unicorn stamped the ground as the train got closer and closer to Pinkie.

“You’re gonna have to speak up Rare! I can’t hear you over the train!”

The unicorn charged the earth pony just in time. The train whipped past them causing a huge dust cloud to surf the air; their manes tousled from the train’s cross wind. Rarity panted and coughed as she slowly let Pinkie up.

“Are you ok?”

“I’m Peachy Keen Billie Jean! But our cart’s seen better days.”

Rarity turned to the cart, or the few pieces of shattered wood and bent metal that was left of it. The unicorn shook her head. At least they were both uninjured.

“Pinkie, promise me something darling?”

“Sure!”

“Next time a speeding train is coming towards you, get off the tracks.”

“You know speaking of Pinkie Promises; I can’t believe Applejack broke hers! Well, technically, she didn’t. She said she’d tell us what happened AT breakfast, but she didn’t come to breakfast. But then when was she ever gonna tell us? What if she NEVER had breakfast again? Would she still have broken the promise? Is that even legal? What if she-”

Rarity sighed and lay on her back as the pink pony rambled on. She noticed the position of the sun. She sat up and looked ahead towards the direction they were traveling; nothing but dirt for miles. She looked back up at the sun as it slowly started to set. Nightfall was coming soon, and the two ponies had no idea how far away civilization lie.

“This isn’t good…”