• Published 8th Dec 2018
  • 3,273 Views, 277 Comments

A Christmas to Remember - TwiPON3



Sunset jumps out in front of a car in a blizard, hoping to end it all, but it turns out better than she could've thought.

  • ...
32
 277
 3,273

PreviousChapters Next
Novvy God Presents

Author's Note:

If politics bothers you, don't be a jerk and downvote/hate comment just because of the German History part. This is JUST an AU, nothing more.

The reason I'm saying this is because in high school, I had to do a creative writing assignment where I had to write a story. It dabbled in this area, and a bunch of teachers got mad, just because said fictional universe was set in a 2016 where Europe still had the country boundaries that it had in the late 1980s. After explaining the situation for the European settings, which don't line up too far from our own in reality, it made her more mad. They are only there because of identity purposes and to give the story a unique feel.

"Would you like to open gifts, Sunset Shimmer?" Uncle Ivan said, "You are new, so you make call."

"Sure," I guess, "If you want to."

"Vy heard new girl!" Vladislav said, prompting everyone to go and start their gift-giving from under the tree.

"Sunset," Mitzi said, giving her a decent-sized and decently-heavy box (or weight), wrapped in paper with the DDR coat of arms as it's pattern, "Der hammer und der kompass means Worker und Intellekt."

"You're... really patriotic," she replied, smiling, "Aren't you?"

"Even after mess im 1980s, das DDR may be ein little less wealthy than der Bundrespublik Deutschlands, but we still moved. Money ist not everything. Now open es!"

Sunset opened it to find that it was a compass, black, red, and yellow, in a glass rectangle.

"You really think I'm..."

"Anyone wer can do that ist intelligent."

"Oh," Autumn said, "Back when Seth and I went to Brooklyn General High School, the shittiest place, when we came to the division of Germany, Seth and I both asked how far Ms Historiker would go, she's from Frankfurt, and guess what she said."

"What?"

"East Germany was just a rogue state by the pink commies who took what wasn't theirs to begin with in 1917."

"Well, die DDR und die FDR are different countries, each with the tricolor flag with their coat of arms. They are part of the Deutsch Union, which has the neutral flag, just the stripes."

"Ich werde meine Schwester anrufen," Alex said, perturbed as he went to get the phone from the kitchen.

Sunset looked to the cousins, who then looked to Mitzi.

"Ihre teacher ist his bruder."

"Celestia, the poor woman."

"Speaking of poor souls," Autumn said, "A while back, a MyStable personality known as Anon-a-miss threw up to call me the N-word, so a jock kept on and on, so I pretended to be submissive, sad, and insecure. Naturally he wanted to have sex with me, buutt..."

"You kept him alive, da?" Sofia said after a minute with a straight face, showing no emotion, whatsoever.

"I did. He should be out by early-February."

"Poor soul," she said (in the same manner that Sheldon would say "There, there" in TBBT).

"Then they made fun of my synesthesia," Seth added, "so we made an exoskeleton for me to wear under my clothes with fifty Pis connected across the school, and I faked several... tech disasters."

"I glad to be related to you."

"Anyway," he said, getting something out from under the tree that was cloth, "Mitzi, I know your love of the DDR, so..."

Upon getting it, she opened it to reveal a shoddy, albeit handmade, verticle DDR banner, along with a double-sided record and CD, both labeled Auferstanden aus Ruinen.

"Ich LOVE es!"

"The record is the first recording, both instrumental and with vocals, and the CD is... mostly homemade recordings."

"Danke!"

Alex came back in the room, looking better.

"What were you screaming over the phone? I know I shouldn't ask, but I just have to."

"You don't want zu know."

"O...kay."

There was a lot of gift giving and stories over the next hourish before they settled for lunch.

PreviousChapters Next