• Published 13th Dec 2018
  • 836 Views, 14 Comments

Trading Memories - Brian Sheil



Starlight and the Mane 6 exchange stories of the past with a familiar human girl

  • ...
 14
 836

7. Making Smiles Happen

Soon, Pinkie Pie came into the room, bouncing happily.

"Pinkie Pie." Megan said with a small smile. "You always bring a smile to someone's face."

"I sure do." The party pony replied. "It's good to see you smile at last."

"Thanks. I am starting to feel a bit better."

"That's the spirit!"

Pinkie hops closer, and sits next to Megan "You know, Megan. I don't know what Shadow Streak has against you. But, I'd like to turn his frown upside-down. Just like I did for Cranky Doodle Donkey."

Megan got interested. "How did you cheer up Cranky Doodle anyway, Pinkie?"

"It wasn't easy." Pinkie answered. "It seems like Cranky Doodle was traveling to find a place to settle down. I tried to be friends with him. But, he was refusing plenty of times. Even with a new wig, he still won't be friends."

"So, how did you succeed, Pinkie Pie?"

"Just then, I came back to him with an old friend of his, named Matilda. He was surprised, but happy. Matilda wrote a note, telling Cranky Doodle that she was moving to Ponyville. But, he didn't get the note. He was happy to see her again. He even married Matilda."

"The Element of Laughter helps out a bit. Doesn't it?" Megan said. Her smile got a bit better.

"Sure does." The party pony replied. "Makes me wonder. Did you have a friend of the past who got annoyed at something?"

Megan thought about it for a moment. Then, she had a thought. "You probably heard that I had a small dragon friend named Spike. Did you?"

" Why, yes I did." Pinkie Pie answered. "Probably OUR Spike's ancestor."

"Well, Spike had a bit of a problem with a young boy who said he's a dragon slayer."

Pinkie's eyes widened. "A dragon slayer? This I got to hear."

Pinkie listened to Megan's story. "Me and my pony friends saw a young boy named Alonzo chasing Spike. After we stopped the chase, Alonzo explained that he was trying to perform a good deed. And, he thought Spike was evil."

"That's funny." Pinkie Pie said, shaking her head. "Our dragon friends Spike, Ember, and Smolder are not evil."

"I agree." Megan replied as she continued her story. "Anyway, we convinced Alonzo that our little dragon is friendly. And, we agreed to help him with his problem. After a few mishaps, Alonzo saw a giant tortoise on his back. With determination, and a giant stick, he managed to turn the tortoise, until he was on his feet. Then, the tortoise transformed into his real form, a mighty wizard.

"The wizard said that he was testing the boy to see if he was worthy to be a knight. Alonzo's dream came true, and promised me and my friends that he'll be nicer to dragons."

Happy about Megan's story, Pinkie gave her a hug, and bounced out of the room.

"Remember, Megan." Pinkie stated as she poked her head in the room. “Keep smiling."

Megan saw Pinkie Pie leave the room. Soon, she feels more happiness in her soul. "Okay, Pinkie Pie. Anything you say."