• Published 13th Dec 2018
  • 836 Views, 14 Comments

Trading Memories - Brian Sheil



Starlight and the Mane 6 exchange stories of the past with a familiar human girl

  • ...
 14
 836

5. Taming the Beasts

Soon, Fluttershy came into the room.

"Hello, Fluttershy." Megan greeted softly.

Fluttershy looked at the girl, and felt sorry for her. "Poor Megan. It makes me sad seeing you like this."

"Trust me." Megan replied. "It's a sad scene."

"If only Shadow Streak is easy to rehabilitate as Discord was."

Megan got surprised to hear that name. "Discord? That mischief maker? How did you turn HIS life around?"

Fluttershy explains about Discord's redemption. "The other ponies were not sure about releasing Discord from his stone like prison. But, Celestia believes that they can help redeem him, with my help of course. After being brought back to life, Discord started using his wacky magic.

"But, I started getting stern with him. I told him that I'll be nice to him if he stops his misfit ways. He and I have been friends since."

"Wow!" Megan said with astonishment. "The beauty tamed the beast! Does help to have the Element of Kindness. Right?"

"That's right, Megan." Fluttershy answered. "I wonder if Crunch was that easy to tame."

Megan's eyes widened, knowing who Fluttershy is talking about. "Crunch, the Rock Dog! I forgot about that stone faced critter."

Fluttershy smiled. "I'm pretty knowledgeable about animals, Meg."

Megan tells the story about this creature. "Crunch, the Rock Dog was created by a spirit in the Purple Mountains to guard a heart shaped stone in the mountain's core. However, the spirit forgot to give that dog feelings. Because of this, Crunch started changing some ponies and fuzzy creatures called Bushwoolies to stone."

"Oh, no!" Fluttershy cried. "Talk about being heartless."

"I'll say. Hearing the story about this, me and my brother, Danny, traveled to the Purple Mountains. We borrowed the Heart Stone to stop Crunch. That stone critter was ready to pounce on us and ponies who came with us. The Heart Stone worked it's magic. And, Crunch was reduced to a little puppy."

"Surely, that's not the end of this story."

"You're right. After Crunch's magic wore off, and any petrified ponies and Bushwoolies were back to normal, we decided to make Crunch friendly. Danny held Crunch as one of the ponies helped me break off a piece of the Heart Stone and placed it in Crunch's collar. The Rock Dog changed back to normal. But, he was friendlier than earlier, and was full of heart. We returned the Heart Stone to the mountain, and all was well."

Fluttershy walked up to Megan and gave her a small kiss on her cheek. "I'm glad that things worked out in the end, Megan."

Megan felt very loved as Fluttershy leaves the room. "Me too, Fluttershy."