• Published 5th Aug 2012
  • 2,051 Views, 9 Comments

Eleven Months Till The Apple Blooms - Cinnamon Clover



AB and Snails were expecting their first foal, just not how much would happen in those 11 months.

  • ...
3
 9
 2,051

Chapter Six: Month Six

DISCLAIMER: I do not own My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (Hasbro), Rainbow Dash (Hasbro), Apple Jack (Hasbro), Apple Bloom (Hasbro), Snails (Hasbro), ninty-five percent of the characters in this story (Hasbro unless otherwise stated at end of chapter) or Give To Good Home (Cubette). All I own is this story, the other things I have written, Annie Elizabeth Apple, Jonathan Apple, Oliver Apple, Pixie Crunch Apple, Snails' unnamed parents, Carol and Pink Sparkle.


Summary: AB and Snails are expecting their first child. They just didn't expect how much would happen in those eleven months.


Chapter Six: Month Six


Apple Bloom awkwardly walked down the path to the cemetery with her family, slightly leaning up against her mate for balance. Each pony in the travelling party had two flowers sitting in the saddle bags on their backs. The emotions were not grey and filled with sorrow like that gloomy day when she was one nor the one just a year prior. Instead they were rather content and full of reverence and thanks. As they neared the gate, they spotted the two graves that were visiting.

The cyan mare started by placing a rose on the headstone on the left, followed by the rest of the family, one by one, till everypony had put a rose on the slab with the exception of the yellow mare who had also put one down for her unborn foal. When the proceedings were done, a total of fifth-teen flowers sat on the marker.

Though they could not see it through the pile of florae, they all knew what it read, ‘Here lies Rosette Apple. May she find her eternal bliss.’

The group then turned to the tomb on the right and repeated the ritual of placing down flora with the expecting mother placing, not only one for herself, but one for her yet to be born daughter, Pink Sparkle. The only differencing factor in this procedure was instead of woody perennials, the flowers being placed on the stone were red columbines.

This stone’s inscription was also not visible but, as it was dug only a short twelve months ago, all present could recall what it read, ‘Rest in Peace, Granny Smith Apple. You shall always be loved and never forgotten.’

After the group had given their gratitude to the deceased mares, the family went their separate ways. Soarin’ went with his wife and son to the train station so they could ride the train to Canterlot to see his parents, along with Caramel, his brother and their families whose parents also lived there. Before going with her husband, Stable, Twilight gave Big Mac a cloud walking spell so he could visit Fluttershy’s parents with her. Snail’s fiancé leaned up against him as they walked over to his parents’ hut.

Upon arriving at the hut, they were immediately greeted and invited inside by Snail’s father. Snail’s mother was sitting on the sofa inside, reading a book. When she heard the quiet sounds of hooves approaching the door, she set her book down on the coffee table and turned half way around in her seat just in time to see son an her future daughter in-law enter the room. Her son was levitating a tray with a homemade apple pie resting on it that he had prepared with his fiancé the night before above his head. The mare beside him had an envelope in her mouth.

“Happy Mother’s Day, Mom.” Snails wished warmly.


A/N: I know this chapter isn’t that good and mostly filler. Well, this filler I thought had some use! It told you that Granny is officially on the other side, Twilight is married to Stable, Fluttershy is married to Big Mac, and the area of residence of several parents. Sorry if I'm messing up the month chronology, it kind of got confusing but from here on out I'll try to keep that together.

Comments ( 3 )

And another thought came to me, what about Pinkie and Rarity:pinkiesmile::duck:

1080164
Well, the only reason I had Pinkie in Caramel Rainbows at all was because it was her best friends' stories. Rarity shall have a small part later, though. Twilight is in there because in another fic I'm writing she's married to him and they have a teenage daughter. I did FlutterMac because he's the oldest of the three and he is the only one of the siblings to ever have a romantic relationship in the show.

1392838
It'll get updated when it gets its turn, don't worry!

Login or register to comment