• Published 5th Aug 2012
  • 2,055 Views, 9 Comments

Eleven Months Till The Apple Blooms - Cinnamon Clover



AB and Snails were expecting their first foal, just not how much would happen in those 11 months.

  • ...
3
 9
 2,055

Chapter Two: Month Two

DISCLAIMER: I do not own My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (Hasbro), Rainbow Dash (Hasbro), Apple Jack (Hasbro), Apple Bloom (Hasbro), Snails (Hasbro), ninty-five percent of the characters in this story (Hasbro unless otherwise stated at end of chapter) or Give To Good Home (Cubette). All I own is this story, the other things I have written, Annie Elizabeth Apple, Jonathan Apple, Oliver Apple, Pixie Crunch Apple, Snails' unnamed parents, Carol and Apple Bloom and Snails' unborn foal.


Summary: AB and Snails are expecting their first child. They just didn't expect how much would happen in those eleven months.


Chapter Two: Month Two


"How did your last tour go, Sweetie? What about you, Scoot? Any new stunts the Terraquakes are doin'?" the red maned earth pony asked.

"No, not really. We are just perfecting some old ones." Scootaloo replied.

"It was a lot of fun and singing, as usual, but, Apple Bloom, you said you had something to tell us." Sweetie Belle reminded her yellow friend.

The three former crusaders were having a little reunion in their old clubhouse.

"Girls, me and Snails are gonna be parents this time next year." the pregnant mare admitted.

She was instantly bombarded with questions from her two friends.

"Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! How far along you? When's it due?" sounded an excited Scootaloo.

"Ah'm almost two months along and it's due in early September." answered the mother-to-be

"Is it a filly or a colt? Is it a unicorn or a earth pony? What are you going to name it?" asked an unusually exuberant Sweetie Belle.

"It's a little too early to tell gender or breed. We have a few names we're thinking of but we aren't deciding till we at least know what it is." explained the yellow mare.

"How did your family react? How did his parents?" questioned the orange pegasus.

"My family is rather supportive and his parents. Well..." the yellow soon-to-be-mother started, "They went all nutty on us but are real excited."

"Well, I'm really happy for you two! Has Snails told Snips yet? They were always so close growing up." the singer asked.

"They still are. Snails and Snips were gonna watch some sort of game over at his place. Snails was gonna tell him while he's there." Apple Bloom explained.

Meanwhile, at Snips' apartment, the two long time friends sitting on a couch in front of the small static television, chatting and drinking a can of beer during halftime. Well, at least Snips was drinking. Snails was just waiting for the right time to give his best friend the news.

"So, how's AB? You told me she wasn't feeling too good last time we talked" Snips asked.

This was his chance.

"Yeah, she's healthy," Snails answered, "but that's not all."

"Really?" the teal unicorn questioned.

"Yes, not only is she healthy," the mustard unicorn started before pausing for emphasis, "but so's the foal she's carrying."

Snips just stared dumbfounded and jaw slacked at his friend before grinning from ear to ear.

"Good job, Snails! I know you're gonna be a great dad!" Snips congratulated, patting his friend on the back.

"Thanks." Snails replied, somewhat surprised by his best friend's sudden enthusiasm and a little bit unsure of how to react.

"Did her siblings take the news well and how did your parents deal with this blessing?" the chubby stallion asked, taking another swig of beer.

"Her sisters were really happy for us and her brother was very clear that I would be in a world of trouble if something were to happen to her. As for my parents, it was the same way they deal with any good news." the lanky stallion started, "First they trampled us, then my mom got the excitement of a little school filly and got within an inch of Apple Bloom's face, and, finally, my dad predicted an unlikely outcome of our foal being a filly unicorn."

"Ah. So, they went nuts again?" the orange maned unicorn asked for clarification.

"When did they stop?" the teal maned unicorn asked jokingly.

"Good point," his companion agreed with a slight chuckle before levitating a can in his friend's direction, "Now have a drink, the game's going to start back up any second now and you deserve a treat."

Snails wasn't much of a drinker but he could manage a can or two.

Two hours later, Snails, a little less than sober but not quite drunk, staggered down the path to the farmhouse. It wasn't very obvious but still noticeable. It just so happened that his fiancé was also heading home. She saw his unsteady steps and sighed uncontently.