• Published 7th Dec 2018
  • 1,624 Views, 5 Comments

Nutcracker Ponies and The 4 Realms - Wildcard25



Join the girls and Spike as they follow a girl into Four Magical Realms that're in grave danger. Only they and their allies have the means to restore order in the Realms.

  • ...
5
 5
 1,624

Mysterious Key

It is Heartwarming Eve in the magical land of Equestria where our story begins in Ponyville. All the town was cover a huge blanket of snow, thanks to the hard effort of the Pegasus of Cloudsdale. Everypony is getting ready to celebrate the most wonderful time of the year with lights and tinsel decorations placed all over the town, jingle bells places at every corner of the cottages, trees wonderful decorated with lights and ornaments that shine bright at the cottages, bakery and candy shops presenting the finest sweets and treats in their heavy scents, every pony doing some last minute shopping before night fell and the fillies galloping and embracing the most wonderful experience as they do each and every year.

Over by the school of friendship, every pony and creature student, like always try to wrap up their last day of school so that they can return to their homes and celebrate the holidays with families and friends. Some from all over Equestria must take the train home or even fly back.

Right next to the school is none other than the great Castle of Friendship where our beloved Princess of Friendship, Twilight Sparkle has the whole castle decorated with all described before and prepared the big day tomorrow. Of course she couldn’t have done so without the help of her friends.

“Everything looks great every pony,” Twilight commended her friends for the hard work as always, “And just in time.”

“Yes indeed,” Rarity commented, “As always the detailing is simply naturally.”

“Phew, I didn’t even think we ever get this here done,” Applejack commented as she wipe the sweat off her forehead, “Heh heh not like last year.”

“You can’t blame me for that whole Winterzilla barging into the castle, in spite that it was Discord's idea for Fluttershy,” Rainbow pointed out, “Nor Twilight with that giant stream of pudding for Pinkie Pie.”

“Don’t remind me Rainbow,” Twilight responded as she face-palmed her forehead.

“Now now, the Winterzilla is still a sweetheart,” Fluttershy reminded Rainbow, “Even after that destruction, he did apologize and went back to his family after Heartswarming Day.”

“The pudding that Twilight made for me is still super duper yummy,” Pinkie Pie spoke as she licked around her lips, “I still feel the loving taste from it.”

They then heard a knock on the castle door. Twilight went to open it and saw none other than their new friend from the tropical peaceful island outside of Equestria, Chetgeki Chan Gecko. He was a upright gecko wearing a heavy winter jacket.

“Ho Ho Ho girls! Happy Heartwarming Eve to you all!” Chet greeted everypony.

“Chet, you finally made! Happy Heartwarming Eve to you too!” Twilight cheered as she welcomed him inside with an embrace.

Chet returned the favor, as he then took off his winter wear and placed it on the coat rail, reveling his usual wear with trench coat, fedora hat, blue t-shirt with a snake wrap around the Yin Yang symbol, skater shorts, and carrying with him is his two sacred katana swords, which he put to the side along with his coat.

“Well howdy Chet!” Applejack tipped her hat.

“Chet man! whats happening,” Rainbow flew over and the two slap some skin.

“Hello darling,” Rarity greeted with an embrace and peck on Chet’s cheek, “Oh so wonderful for you to join us on HeartsWarming Eve. ”

“CHETGEKI!!” Pinkie shouted as she bounced over, squeezed embraced and nuzzled their friend.

“Good...to see...you too....Pinkie,” Chet gagged for air, “Choking.....not breathing!!”

“Oops, sorry” Pinkie let go of Chet and gave a squeak grin.

“Hey Chet! You made it!” A voice from above called out. None other than Spike flying down from finish decoration the chandlers. He flew to Chet, slapped some skin and embraced.

Chet returned the favor by giving Spike a noogie to the head, “Glad to be here too little buddy!”

“Hello Chetgeki,” Fluttershy went over to nuzzle Chet’s face, “Very kind of you to accept our invite.”

“I should be thanking you all for your kind hospitality,” Chet spoke, “This would actually be my first time experiencing this Holiday celebration with you all in Ponyville.”

“Well more friends are definitely the merrier I always say,” Twilight responded, “And hope you’ll love what we have planned to tonight and tomorrow.”

“We got some songs to sing and stories to tell,” Applejack brought it out.

“We also got some awesome game to play around with,” Rainbow Dash shared.

“There’s tones of treats made for all of us to try, fresh from the oven,” Pinkie beamed with excitement.

“Best of all we got some gifts to exchange,” Spike mentioned.

“Oh. If I haven’t known sooner, I would got time to find a gift for each of you,” Chet spoke as he felt a little embarrassed, “Not really sure what each of you would really like.”

“Actually, Chet, the best gift we got this year was you being here with us,” Twilight nudged Chet’s shoulder playfully as she smiled.

“Well I guess when you put it that way,” Chet smiled as he scratched the back of his head.

“Trust us, this is a Heartwarming Eve you will never forget,” Twilight assured.

“I only certainly hope we can get through this Heartwarming Eve without having much disasters running amuck,” Rarity spoke for every pony, “I simply cannot take anymore surprises at the last minute.”

“Uh I think ya spoke too soon Rarity,” Applejack pointed out as she noticed Spike gagging and then burping out a present.

“Nice one,” Chet commended as he caught and inspected the gift, “Looks like its addressed to you Twilight.”

Chet then presented the gift to Twilight who used her magic to levitate the gift to her and read the tag.

“It’s a gift from Starswirl the Bearded!” Twilight spoke in excitement as she began to unwrap it without hesitation. What she saw next in the box contained what seems to be a key and a letter.

“A key?” The group asked in confusion.

“Why would Starswirl give you a key as a gift?” Spike asked in wonder.

“I’m not sure but maybe this letter inside should explain it,” Twilight replied as she deviated the letter in front of her and began reading it.

“Dear Princess Twilight Sparkle,

I surely hope that you and your wonderful friends are enjoying this spectacular Holiday Season with every pony else in Ponyville.

You might be wondering why I presented you with this key as a gift. To tell you the truth. it was given to me a long time ago, one night in town by a mysterious hooded figure. I did not quite get a good look at him but he did told me that this key contains a very rare magic as a way to unlock and open any door to a very special realm far beyond Equestria.

I was not given the full detail of the story because by the time I examined that key, the figure disappeared. All that was left of him was simply a feather. Try as I might I could not seem to figure which door had the capability to open that gateway. That is why I sent that over to you. Perhaps if any pony could figure out this puzzle, you can.

Have a truly blessed Heartwarming Season Twilight. I look forward to the next time we meet,

Starswirl”

As Twilight finished, the group then pondered.

“A magic key that can open a gateway within any door eh?” Spike spoke in curiosity, “Wonder why Starswirl was not able to use it?”

“Better yet, I wonder who was that figure that gave the Key to Starswirl who left a feather?” Rarity pondered

“I’m not sure,” Twilight replied with a puzzled look.

“But Starswirl’s right about one thing, if any pony could find a way on how this key works, you can,” Applejack pointed out.

“No,” Twilight corrected Applejack, “We can.”

The group got excited in hearing that response.

“Well, what are we standing around here for?” Chet rhetorically asked, “What say we go test this key on every door of the Castle and see if we can find the gateway?”

“Yeah!!” The group agreed.

“I hope this doesn't take all night,” Fluttershy spoke, “It is Heartwarming Eve after all.”

“Aw come on, Fluttershy,” Pinkie replied, “Tonight is a Magical night. There’s no telling what might happen.”

The group then set off as they began their search for the gateway.

Author's Note:

The character Chetgeki Chan Gecko is BozzerKazooer's OC.