• Published 5th Dec 2018
  • 1,254 Views, 62 Comments

GARGANTULON VS. THE SPACE DRACULAS - Tumbleweed



When Rainbow Dash gets a copy of the last Gargantulon movie for her birthday, she's left floored by its tragic ending-- which forces her to take matters into her own hands!

  • ...
0
 62
 1,254

Chapter 2

“All of the Space Draculas have combined into Mega-Dracula! Will Gargantulon be strong enough to fight it, Doctor Ishiro?”

“No, Little Johnny. Gargantulon is not strong enough.”

“It cannot be! Gargantulon is the strongest monster on Earth!”

“On Earth, yes-- but the Space Draculas are from Planet Blood. Combined, they are stronger than Gargantulon ... and Gargantulon knows it.”

“What?!”

“Look! Gargantulon is losing the fight-- don't you see? And-- ah, there it is! Gargantulon has let Mega-Dracula drink its blood!”

“But Gargantulon's blood is made of radiation!”

“Exactly. The radiation blood of Gargantulon will poison Mega-Dracula!”

“Then they will both die!”

“Yes, they will both be dead.”

“But Gargantulon is my friend!”

“Which is why he must die. He is sacrificing himself to defeat the Space Draculas.”

“Come back, Gargantulon! We love you! Come back!”


Rainbow Dash played the ending out in her head over and over again as she stared at the TV screen. “Come back ... “ she whispered, and pulled her knees up to her chest, curling into a multi-hued ball of sadness.

“Huh. Guess that's why they never released that one over here.” Applejack said.

“Applejack!” Rarity scolded. “Can't you see that poor Rainbow has been traumatized?”

“I'm sorry!” Fluttershy peeked up from behind the couch, on the verge of tears herself. “I didn't know it'd make you so sad! I promise!”

“It ... it's okay.” Rainbow Dash tried (and failed) to keep her voice from breaking. She didn't get up from her balled up position on the floor. “I just ... I just never thought this could happen.”

“I don't see what the fuss is 'bout a silly movie, is all.” Applejack said.

Applejack.” Rarity gently smacked the farmgirl on the shoulder. “Didn't you tear up at the end of that singing cowboy movie we watched last week?”

“That's different.” Applejack crossed her arms over her chest and slouched a little in her chair.

“How so?” Rarity said, archly.

“They made Roy choose between his girl and his horse! That's the worst decision a singin' cowboy can make!”

“Oh oh oh! I know!” Pinkie Pie chimed in. “What if the singing cowboy went through the portal like Sunset Shimmer did, and then he could choose both!”

Rarity and Applejack stared.

“What?” Pinkie Pie said. “I can't be the only one who was thinking it.”

“Questions of inter-dimensional travel aside--” Rarity said, pointedly, “--the takeaway here is that, just as you were emotionally moved by your favorite movies, so the same happened to Rainbow Dash, and we should all have sympathy for her plight.”

“I've got tons of sympathy! And cake!” Pinkie Pie zipped over to crouch beside Rainbow Dash, a freshly decorated tower of sugary hedonism balanced on a platter. “I knew it was a good idea to make a backup!”

“I'm good, thanks.” Rainbow Dash lied as she lay on the floor.

Pinkie Pie blinked in blue-eyed bewilderment. “You ... don't want cake?” she said, the very concept alien to her. A moment later, her brain snapped back into gear. “Well, what do you want, huh? I can make anything for you! Pies, cookies, croissants, biscuits (either the breakfast kind or the British ones which are just cookies but fancy), doughnuts, eclairs-- anything to cheer you up!”

“I'm not hungry.” Rainbow Dash murmured. “I'm not ... anything, really. Just let me lie here.”

“Aw hell, this is just embarassin'.” Applejack said. “Lookit, I get that you're sad, Rainbow-- but this is a monster movie. Them things always come back for a sequel!”

“Um, actually?” Twilight Sparkle looked up from her phone. “I've been researching just that, and it turns out Gargantulon vs. the Space Draculas actually was the last Gargantulon movie. The studio went bankrupt shortly after release, which is why there was never a real American version of it.”

“I know!” Applejack said. “What if there's like, a reboot? Everything's gettin' rebooted these days, innit? Like I heard they're gonna re-do Blood River, only the rustler's gonna be a lady this time around. That means somebody's gonna make another giant worm soon, right? So Rainbow can just watch that'un and be, like ... untraumatized. Or somethin'”

“I mean, maybe?” Twilight Sparkle said. “I mean, it's only an obscure, decades-old flop-- somebody might try re-making it. In theory. But who would wanna do that?”

Rainbow Dash blinked, then sat up, turning around to face her friends-- and for the first time since she saw Gargantulon die, she smiled.

“That's it! All we have to do is call up Canter Zoom, and he can make a new Gargantulon movie!”

“I ... don't think Canter Zoom's going to be taking any pitches from us.”

“Why not? We saved his Daring Do movie!”

“Right. Which made him something of a hot commodity, and his schedule's pretty well booked.” Twilight dialed a few more search terms into her smartphone. “According to this, Canter Zoom is currently filming a period piece somewhere in eastern Europe. Something called The Life and Times of Flash Magnus.”

“Huh. How much do you think a plane ticket to Hungaristan or wherever is?” Rainbow Dash mused.

“More than any of us got, I reckon.” Applejack said.

“More's the pity. Historical epics have such wonderful costuming ... “ Rarity trailed off into a dreamy sigh.

“Gah, you guys are right.” Rainbow Dash ran her hands through her hair. “Canter Zoom will never make a Gargantulon movie ... which means we have to!”

“Hold on, we ain't even got the cash for plane tickets-- we ain't got a budget for a real movie.”

“To judge by those cardboard buildings, neither did they.” Sunset Shimmer said.

“Exactly!” Rainbow Dash started rubbing her hands together. “All we have to do is have Rarity make the costumes, and then we can do our own special effects with our cool magic powers!”

“That's ... actually not a terrible plan?” Twilight Sparkle mused. “I mean, the cameras we have on our phones are just as good-- if not better than the ones from over half a century ago. And the film editing software is surprisingly intuitive.”

“I do like a challenge ... “ Rarity rubbed her chin, then picked up the DVD case, examining the cover closely. “I mean, so much foam rubber ... it's quite avante garde, when you think about it. Why, it wouldn't be any more complicated than some of the outfits Songbird Serenade performs in ...”

“And I can do the catering!” Pinkie Pie said, cheery.

“It'll be just like that time we did that dance video! Only with giant monsters instead of street ballet!” Rainbow Dash bounced on the balls of her feet.

“I'm still not sure what that is.” Fluttershy murmured.

“Hey, could be fun.” Sunset Shimmer grinned. “At least, so long as I'm hanging out with you guys.”

“Hold up.” Applejack said. “Are we honestly gonna make our own monster movie, just like that?”

“Of course we are!” Rainbow Dash threw an arm around Applejack's shoulders. “It's what Gargantulon would want us to do.”