• Published 4th Dec 2018
  • 4,676 Views, 109 Comments

Harry Potter: The Chaotic Wizard - WhalenJP



Harry Potter had a dream, he wish he could go somewhere where he can do his magic without consequence and have no care in the world. A few years later, he is back and forced into the dreadful Triwizard Tournament due to the machinations of an old man

  • ...
22
 109
 4,676

Chapter 08: The Yule Ball

Chapter 08: The Yule Ball…

It was the day of the Yule Ball, and Discord was actually nervous.

Not because of the dancing.

Not because he might lose his beautiful Chaos magic if he got literal cold feet at the First Task.

Not because Spike was chewing on his talon nails in anxiety.

But because Fluttershy was wearing the most tight fitting dress that Severus and Hermione helped pick out in his mother’s old wardrobe.

Discord felt like he was melting, because he was seeing the most beautiful Mare in all of existence.

“ Discord, you’re melting!” Spoke Hermione, a twinkle of amusement in her eyes as she knew something he didn’t.

He noticed he was actually melting into a puddle with his color choice of clothes, and righted himself, shooting up into a solid form with a sheepish grin.

Fluttershy giggled, and just hearing that sound made his heart stop beating for a moment, before he held out his hand, a charming grin on his lips.

When Fluttershy took it, he kissed her knuckle gently, unlike when he did the same to Luna, which was dramatic and sloppy.

She giggled and smiled, pink on her cheeks as she looped her arm under his, and led her down the stairs where the Yule Ball will be held in the Great Hall.

When this dance was announced a month ago, Professor McGonagall approached him; she was respective of him, and he in return of her mature attitude as she told him about the dance.

Add to the fact that she was the one that protested against Dumby in his decision of Discord being sent to the Dursleys all those years ago is a nice bonus…

He spotted Hermione wearing a beautiful blue dress with Viktor Krum, a famous Quidditch Seeker, according to Ronald Weasley, from Durmstrang, one of the competing schools in the Tournament.

He saw Fleur Delacour with a student from Hogwarts he doesn’t recognise, since he wasn’t important in this story.

Professor McGonagall was standing at the Great Hall doors, announcing that the Yule Ball will begin in a few minutes, with the Champions beginning the dance.

Discord looked down at Fluttershy and smiled at her giddiness, despite it being hidden somewhat by her natural shyness and blush.

“ Are you ready, Fluttershy?”

The mare turned woman looked up, and smiled back, her eyes lighting up as she answered,

“ Yes.”

The Spirit Of Chaos winked and grinned back,

“ Then let’s wow them.”

The doors to the Great Hall opened and the Champions of Hogwarts, Durmstrang, Beauxbatons, Discord and Fluttershy walked in and started the dance.

Discord took Fluttershy by surprise by the fact that he could dance so well…

He held her right hand in his left, and his right hand on her hip, being uncharacteristically gentle as they danced in a graceful circle around the ballroom and around the Champions, which he noticed were staring at the two with surprise.

They wowed the crowd after all…

After the dance had ended, Fluttershy felt winded and went to get a drink from the refreshment table.

Discord watched the entire room, feeling mighty protective since anyone can make a move on His Dear Fluttershy.

His? Where in the name of Equestria did that come from? Discord thought as he watched the symbol of Kindness and Beauty make her way back towards him, smiling all the way.

After a few hours of dancing to The Weird Sisters, some of their dancing styles made a few of the students laugh.

Even the Weasley Twins were trying to copy their moves with grins as they made a fool of themselves as well…

After that, the two took a walk through the gardens, which shone in the moonlight.

Fluttershy shivered, it was cold, she should’ve at least brought a sweater.

Then the frigid air went away.

Fluttershy felt something on her shoulders and saw that it was Discord’s coat.

She looked at Discord, who smiled at her gently.

“ It’s not that cold for me, besides, a gentleman always gives the girl his coat.”

The meek girl smiled back and snuggled into the jacket, taking a whiff of it.

It smells like Discord. She thought as they continued walking through the snow covered gardens, being careful not to step off the cobblestone path, otherwise they’ll be buried to their ankles in snow.

No one would want THAT, now would we?

After another hour of strolling through and couple of dances in the moonlight, they heard the announcement that the Yule Ball was ending and went inside.

*Meanwhile*

He was furious, how dare that miscreant not following his plans, to look up to him as the grandfather he never knew!

He even spiked the punch to force him, otherwise he would die.

Too bad that Fluttershy gal had to die because of the fool’s mistakes.

Albus Dumbledore raged internally as he sat behind the desk in his office, working on his plans...

Author's Note:

This CHAPTER Took A Bit For Me! I hope you all enjoyed it, there might be more romance at the end of this fic, but I'm still editing everything to make it look better.

Next Up: Mother Horntail & Spike!