• Published 4th Dec 2018
  • 4,620 Views, 108 Comments

Harry Potter: The Chaotic Wizard - WhalenJP



Harry Potter had a dream, he wish he could go somewhere where he can do his magic without consequence and have no care in the world. A few years later, he is back and forced into the dreadful Triwizard Tournament due to the machinations of an old man

  • ...
23
 108
 4,620

Chapter 04: Bookworms & Chaos Lessons..

Chapter 04: Bookworms & Chaos Lessons…

While Discord was being escorted to where the other Champions of the Triwizard Tournament are, Fluttershy sat down across from a bushy haired witch.

The young woman’s eyes stared at the shy ones for a moment, before smiling and saying,

“Hullo. You must be Fluttershy.”

The pink haired woman stiffened at the sound of her name, squeaking a bit, which the students near her thought it was adorable,

“ H-Hello, how did y-ou know my name?”

The bushy haired student deadpanned for a second before replying, a sly smirk on her face,

“ That man I assume to be your boyfriend practically sang it out for the world to hear.”

Fluttershy started shaking a bit, “ He’s n-not my-”

The other girl raised a hand, stopping Fluttershy from completing her sentence, defensive as it was.

“ I’m just kidding. My names Hermione by the way, Hermione Granger,”

Even though the shy girl acknowledged that Hermione knew her name, she introduced herself anyway, because it was kind.

“ Was that Harry Potter? He looks older than we last saw him.” Hermione asked, curious.

Fluttershy, relaxing that Hermione wasn’t picking on her, smiled at her, making Hermione and the majority of the males and some of the females feel faint.

“ From what he told me and my friends back home, yes. I think his old name reminds him of his childhood. It wasn’t nice due to details.”

Her smile was gone by the end of what she spoke of and Hermione felt the need to comfort, or at least cheer up Fluttershy.

“ He has you now, so he doesn’t have to be stuck in the past. If he trusted you to keep his life secret, I won’t bother pushing you. Because that is what friends do.”

Fluttershy smiled at Hermione, cheered up for a bit,

“You remind me of Twilight. She is passionate about friendships and loves books as well” She said, her head tilted a bit.

Hermione was about to say something, but was interrupted by a voice speaking up behind her,

“ I see that you’re making more friends, my dear.”

Hermione jumped, as well as all of the other Houses, and some turned in their seats to see who spoke.

Hermione whirled around and saw Harry--Discord, staring down at the both of them with a rogue smirk, a small canine jutting out from his upper lip.

His red irises surrounded by yellow sclera met hers and chuckled at her surprise,

“Ohohoho, it is also someone that reminds me of dear Twilight Sparkle as well, how marvelous!”

In a flash of light, Discord held a glass of a brown liquid and drank it.

No wait, he drank the glass!

Hermione stared at the strange phenomena of glass being drunk, then squeaked out,

“ How can you drink glass and eat the chocolate milk? That doesn’t make sense!”

Fluttershy shook her head from behind the bushy haired Gryffindor, knowing what was coming.

Discord’s red irises seemed to swirl with magic as he grinned more evilly,

“Sense?”

Due to the tone, Hermione froze like a deer in headlights.

Discord leaned down, getting closer to Hermione until his nose was a few scant inches away.

They stared at each other, the others in the Great Hall watching from afar and wondering at how this might end--

Then Discord booped Hermione on the nose, making her cross her eyes at the sharp right index finger nail close to penetrating her skin.

His evil persona disappeared into the grinning loon that Fluttershy knew and loved.

“ Wherever is the fun in making sense, Miss Granger?”

In another flash of light, Discord was sitting across from her and right next to Fluttershy, who blushed as he wrapped his left arm around her shoulders.

“ Ya see, there is no need for logic when you’ve got Chaos around you every second.”

Hermione raised an eyebrow, clearly skeptical at Discord’s answer.

He clearly knew what was going through her head, and smirked, his red irises lighting up in amusement,

“ Let’s put it this way: You learned of the conjuration spell, yes?”

At Hermione’s nod, he continued, making even the most laziest student ever to exist, Ronald Bilius Weasley, pay attention to him.

“ You think of what you want to appear, either by something simple say, a cane.”

He demonstrated this with a flick of his wrist showing that he clearly doesn’t have a wand.

In a flash of light, a cane with the head of a Unicorn coated in gold appeared in his flicked hand.

Discord took in the flabbergasted expression on the bushy haired bookworm’s expression and made it disappear.

Fluttershy shook her head in slight amusement, Of course Discord would create the one thing thing that makes Twilight slightly aggravated at him at the mere mention of the cane. She thought as she and the rest of the Gryffindors watched Discord teach Hermione Granger, the resident ‘Know-It-All’, something new.

“ Now, hold out your hand with the palm facing upwards.”

He watched as Hermione did so.

“ Try creating the one thing that you want right now.”

Hermione opened her eyes and was about to protest, but Discord glared at her, his red irises boring into hers, making her flinch.

Mental note, never interrupt Discord when he’s teaching you something. Hermione filed into a corner of her mind.

“ Picture it in your hand, feel the weight and the texture, the smell as well if it has one.” Discord continued, leaning forward.

Hermione hesitated on what she wanted for a moment, before deciding that screw it, she can do whatever she wanted, whenever she wanted.

She concentrated on the feel, the texture, the weight, and felt a slight tingle in her chest.

“There you go. Open your eyes now.”

Hermione did so, and her eyes widened as she saw the item of her choice manifesting in her hand. A symbol with a line inside a circle and triangle emblazoned on the cover.

“ Congratulations, Miss Granger. You discovered the way how to make Pure Imagination become Reality.”

Hermione opened the cover of the large book and saw a rune sketched beneath the cover, and it was glowing a sinister red.

“ A protective rune.”

A baritone voice said from behind her, and Hermione whirled around and saw Professor Snape looming over her, his black eyes peering at the book with curiosity.

Discord watched the greasy haired man with a look of consideration, memories of the man that was his mother’s childhood friend, maybe later on something more.

But after that one incident in fifth year by him accidentally calling her a ‘Mudblood’, the friendship broke off and she came running straight into James Potter’s arms, eventually falling in love with each other, while Snape held a grudge from an incident that James saved his life from, if ya know what I’m talking about.

The man stared at Discord, a small ping of guilt hitting his heart as he saw the small flecks of emerald green throughout the blood red iris that swirled with unfathomable power.

Discord nodded his head, speaking,

“ Yes, Professor Snape is correct in his observation. Now what do you think of the lesson, Miss Granger?”

His attention turned back to the bushy haired girl practically conjuring whatever she wanted with her imagination.

From a metal salt and pepper shaker yelling EXTERMINATE!, which made all of the HalfBloods and Muggleborn duck under the tables in post haste while the Purebloods looked on with confusion, to a full on statue of an Alicorn Princess that reminded Discord of Celestia, She was grinning practically ear to ear as she possibly flew across the table at him and proceeded to hug him.

Good thing Fluttershy knew what was coming as she lightly scooched out of the way with a smile on her lips.

“Thankyouthankyou THANK YOU!!!” She squealed out as she hugged the metaphorical stuffing out of Discord’s body.

The Spirit Of Chaos froze once again, being in the same position as last time when Twilight hugged him.

He started slowly relaxing before a throat cleared from the back of the Great Hall, garnering everyone’s attention.

Albus Dumbledore was smiling and all twinkly eyed, but on the inside he was seething at how this freak of nature practically turned against him when he disappeared off the face of the Earth!

“ Perhaps it is time for everyone to head to bed for the night. I think we all had a rough day crammed into an hour.”

Without so much as a by your leave, Discord hooked his and a blushing Fluttershy’s arm, then hooked his under Hermione’s, which hooked onto Snape’s, who looked down at the grinning Gryffindor with shock and confusion.

“ I believe we’ll be off, Headmaster. Things to do, places to see, people to meet. People to mur-”

He was interrupted by Fluttershy and Hermione stomping on his feet, making him wince, and made everyone amused except the Headmaster.

“ I mean talk to. That’s what I was gonna say.”

Dumbledore put on a slightly smug grin, making Discord feel slightly irritated.

“ It is unfortunate that you have to leave. Everyone would miss you and wonder where you’ve been after these past few years.”

Discord thought about it for a moment, looking up at the ceiling that had stars shining down on them in a mockery of Princess Luna’s night sky. Then a thought bubble showed up next to his head, and started writing mathematics that made even Hermione’s head hurt.

Then the calculations were done, and Discord lowered his head and stared levelly at the Headmaster.

“ I’m sorry. But I think that I made sure I never went to Hogwarts all those years ago. So how can everyone miss me, when they just in fact started noticing that we’re already gone?”

Then the group of four faded away into nothing, leaving the entire school body staring at where they were in shock and amazement.

All that was heard, was a sinister chuckle left behind from Discord, making Dumbledore’s spine shiver in dread, and the Weasley Twins shiver in excitement, getting motivation to… ‘Try’ new products on the Headmaster.

Albus Dumbledore was in a fury.

First that blasted brat disappeared for two years, came back older and more powerful somehow, found someone that he was close to during those two years, made another friend in just an hour, and kidnapped his ‘Pet Death Eater’!

ALL IN ONE HOUR!!!

When Albus Dumbledore reluctantly retired to his king sized bed, all he could see in his mind and dreams were those sinister red eyes surrounded by yellow sclera and a laugh that still sent shivers down his spine.

Author's Note:

Chapter Four Is Now COMPLETE!!!