• Published 4th Dec 2018
  • 4,620 Views, 108 Comments

Harry Potter: The Chaotic Wizard - WhalenJP



Harry Potter had a dream, he wish he could go somewhere where he can do his magic without consequence and have no care in the world. A few years later, he is back and forced into the dreadful Triwizard Tournament due to the machinations of an old man

  • ...
23
 108
 4,620

Chapter 09: Mother Horntail...

Chapter 09: Mother Horntail…

It was the day of the First Task, and Discord, along with Spike in tow, appeared in the Champions tent, making the other three jump in surprise and raise their wands at him.

He was unimpressed…

“ Well that’s not how you say ‘Hello’ to a friend, now is there?” Discord deadpanned at the 3 other wands being pointed at him.

Cedric, Fleur, and Krum lowered their wands with a slight apologetic and sheepish expression.

The four talked to each other when they couldn’t sleep or to help with the clues of the Tasks ahead of them.

They became quite the group of friends…

-----------------------------

After Ludo Bagman, Albus Long-Ass-Beard Dumbledore, and Bartemius Crouch came in and made them pick their dragon, and left, Discord got the number four, which was the Hungarian Horntail in case you are all wondering, the four Champions were left conversing to each other about their life, what their families’ were like, and what they might like to do outside of school.

But that is not important in the story...

When the cannon outside fired, signalling the start of the First Task and the first Champion to get the egg from the Mother Dragon, Discord stopped Cedric.

“ Wait.” He said.

When he saw that Cedric did stop just at the entrance of the tent, looking back at him in curiosity, Discord snapped his fingers, causing a small flash of light.

“It’s a protection against severe 3rd degree burns from fire. Wouldn’t wanna ruin that pretty face when you get into acting in the future now would ya?”

Cedric stared at Discord, surprised for a moment before remembering he told the Lord Of Chaos that he had a fascination in acting.

He nodded in thanks, and went out through the tent flaps to get his egg…
------------------------------

After the three Champions went through the First Task to get past their chosen dragons, Discord floated, pondering on what’s been going on the past week.

First and foremost, Fluttershy has gotten sick, REALLY sick.

It worried him on how no matter what he did to make his friend better, using Chaos Magic or the mundane way, she never seemed to get better.

In fact, she seemed to get even worse.

Spike was worried about her as well, since he was a great friend and helps no matter the cost to himself, it reminds Discord of his younger self, before the Wish he made came true all those years ago.

The two spent time talking to each other about how they were gonna get through this Task, when the cannon fired once again, indicating that it was His turn.

“Ready, my scaly friend?” Discord asked as he cracked his neck, ready to enact his Plan.

Spike nodded, preparing himself for what may be the most scariest thing he had to do yet…

TALKING…

They both walked out of the Champions’ Tent and into the arena, which seemed slightly gladiatorial for some reason Discord can’t fathom.

Discord and Spike stuck close to each other as they spotted the nest with the golden egg…

But no dragon…

Spike whispered as he kept his eyes and ears open, “ This seems too quiet.”

Discord replied, his tone the same as Spike’s, “ I agree, My Little Dragon. If the Horntail is protecting the nest, the only place she could do that without harm to her eggs would be…”

They froze as they heard a snort come from their vicinity, and Discord stiffened, finishing his answer,

“ From behind us…”

Spike and Discord looked up, and froze at the suspicious glare the female Horntail was giving them, pondering if the two in her territory were a threat or not.

Spike whispered, “ What should I say to tell her not to worry?”

He was a little intimidated at the noble and protective aura the larger dragon was giving out invisible to Wizards and Witches.

Not to him though…

Discord replied, a little bit relaxed now that what he saw in the Horntail’s eyes were not malice, but suspicion.

“ Tell her in you native tongue, Spike. That’ll get her attention.”

Spike gulped, nodded, and took a breath.

He spoke a different tongue not unlike Parseltongue, but the language adapted to the dragons, only Spike knew it because he is a dragon in Equestria.

But very, very, VERY few Wizards and Witches of this Earth knew it even existed.

$ Greetings, Mother Horntail. $

The large dragon, who had been glaring at Discord, blinked at Spike in surprise, intelligence kean in those fiery golden orbs as she scrutinised the familiar tongue.

She spoke, not with her mouth, but with her mind.

$ Greetings, Youthful Hatchling. I Ask That You Stay Where You Are, While I Take Care Of This Filthy Human. $

She replied, opening her maw with flames licking the back of her throat, ready to toast Discord into a fried egg.

Spike began panicking, quickly saying in his tongue,

$ No Mother Horntail, Wait! $
Taken by surprise, the female dragon swallowed her flames and stared at the young drake with a stern gaze.

$ Why Should I? What Does This Human Have That Gains Your Respect? He Is One Of The Egg Thieves, A Dragon Killer! $

Spike replied, filing the Dragon Killer and Egg Thieves thing in the corner of his mind.

$ Because He Ain’t One Of THOSE Humans. He Abandoned His Kind To Live With Another Sapient Race, A Race Of Ponies. He Is The Being Of Chaos & Disharmony, While The Ponies Are Harmonic & Peaceful. $

The Horntail seemed to consider something before turning to Discord with a slight glare, which softened as Spike spoke.

It made the Wizard-Turned-Draconequus a little nervous.

Even though he has his precious Chaos Magic, he never got to know the scrutiny of a loving mother.

His ‘Relatives’ made sure of that a long time ago...

$ So He Disrupts Others’ Lives? He Hurts-- $

She was interrupted by Spike waving his claws and replying quickly, quite nervous.

$ No No No, Mother Horntail, You Misheard Me. Discord Is A Being That Balances With Harmony. Without Any Chaos… $

The Horntail continued, a realisation shining in her eyes.

$ There Won’t Be Any Harmony. $

The dragon turned to face Spike and lower her majestic head until she was inches from his snout, a soft look in her eyes, but still ready to protect her young.

$ My Sincere Apologies, Young And Noble Drake. Do What You Must Get From My Nest. $

The crowd of Hogwarts, Durmstrang, and Beauxbatons watched in shock as the most fierce and most untameable dragon bow her head and nuzzle Spike gently, before curling up next to the entrance of the Arena.

Where the Dragon Handlers were waiting with slack jaws.

Spike watched the noble female with a sense of awe and childlike wonder.

The nuzzle was unexpected though, and it left a warmth in him to know that he did something right.

Discord watched with a smile on his face, his red and yellow eyes gleaming with pride and amusement of what Spike just accomplished…

Talking To Mother Horntail…

Discord then spoke, making Spike jump slightly from his thoughts.

“ I suppose we must hurry and get the egg before she changes her mind?”

His question was answered with the Horntail snorting out smoke as she watched from the wall she was curled up against.

Spike nodded, making his way to the dragon’s nest, and being careful with the other eggs while extracting the golden one in the middle of the clutch.

Discord picked Spike up and put him on his shoulders,

“ You make Twilight Sparkle proud, My Dear Scaly Friend!” He said while they made their way to the other entrance opposite of the Horntail.

Spike then said, “ Wait, stop! I must do something real quick!”

Discord relented, albeit confused at what the Drake was doing until he ran over to the larger dragon as fast as his little legs could go.

Spike skidded to a stop a few inches where the Horntail’s snout is, watching him with slight surprise and confusion in her eyes.

He wrapped his arms around the narrow muzzle and rubbed the warmer scales with his cheek, returning the favor for the nuzzle she gave him earlier.

$ Thank you, Mother Horntail, for being understanding. $

Some girls in the crowd that watched went ‘ D’awww’ at the scene.

Some even held their chests in pain from it...

Spike let go of the female dragon’s snout and ran back to Discord, who had a gentle smile.

The Horntail looked on at the Drake with a soft look that reminded the Dragon Handlers that were now surrounding her warily of a proud mother looking after her child.

I guess that’s what just happened…

Discord and Spike went past the Medical Tent, where Madame Pomfrey was looking over the other three Champions.

While they came out okay, they didn’t leave the arena without a scratch or bruise.

“DISCORD!!!” Called out a voice that he was familiar with as well as Spike.

They saw the form of Hermione, holding her arm around the shoulders of Fluttershy, who looked very, VERY pale and tired.

It made Discord’s heart freeze as Fluttershy then started wobbling over to him, Hermione watching with severe worry for her shy friend that she got to know for the last month and a half.

That’s when he saw that his precious friend start to fall, too walk to stand up anymore...

Author's Note:

Chapter 09 is Now Uploaded! This Fic Is Almost Done, So I Apologise If The Next Chapter Is Rushed... You Guys Can Give Me Suggestions For The fight between Discord And Dumbledore In The Comments And I Will Implement Them Into The Fight...

Anyways, I Am Working On A New HP MLP Fic Called Alicorn Of Death. You Guys Can Give Me Suggestions On How That Will Go, Since It's Gonna Be Romance And Sexy Anthros... That Sounded Better In My Head...

Next up: Chaotic Anger...