• Published 14th Dec 2018
  • 10,928 Views, 1,673 Comments

The Gaps in F r i e n d s h i p - Arcanum -Phantasy



Now that Anon-a-Miss has been defeated, Sunset is ready to move forward with her new friends. New misadventures follows her and her crew as the past meets the present. Can Sunset help fill the gaps around her friends?

  • ...
35
 1,673
 10,928

PreviousChapters Next
Ch.6 Bonds

It really threw Bonbon for a loop just how similar the Equestrian Apples were to their Terran counterparts. As such, it was a very jarring experience for her as she stood in the Apple's kitchen, the three ponies of the house working with incredible ease and dexterity to make a welcoming brunch for her and them. All it took was an off hand (or was it hoof?) comment about her family having been business partners with her world's Apples and suddenly they were pulling out all the stops to make her comfortable. Probably more jarring was when she met Applebloom's counterpart. When the filly saw her Cutie Mark, she was instantly bombarded with questions about it, namely why it was different from the last time she apparently saw it. When she told her she was from a different world, that led to another tidal wave of questions for the Earth Pony to wade through. It was only thanks to Applejack that she was able to get any peace as she convinced the rambunctious filly to spend some time with her friends.

Oddly enough, she didn't mind the little terror's presence. Being an only child, she often wondered what it would've been like to have a sibling. She thought about Applebloom's enthusiasm and chuckled a little as she stepped out of the kitchen.

I bet she drives them up the walls, she thought as she stepped into the dinning room. Is it bad that I'm a little jealous?

She sighed as she took a seat at the table.

Still, it's so weird how similar this place is to the one at home. They even have pigs. Why does a farm owned by vegetarian ponies have pigs? Unless...

An image of Applejack bringing a pig to a slaughter house on the farm popped into her head. Her stomach started to churn as the pony in her head raised an ax to do the deed before she decided to banish the unpleasant thought. Her stomach slowly started to settle not long after.

Nope, not gonna explore that line of thought! Nuh uh! Not happening! Hell no!

As her unprompted nausea passed, she marveled over what led to her current situation. She couldn't help it! Some part of her demanded that she give the mare a chance to be her tour guide . Though she knew that there was almost nothing tying the Earth Pony to her human counterpart, she still felt awkward being near the mare. Even while thoroughly buzzed the night before, she couldn't bring herself to interact with Applejack beyond a simple nod or a few one word answers.

Come on Bonbon, get a grip, she thought with a rough shake of the head. She's not the same girl! Heck, she's not event the same species as her! Just talk to her and be civil. If you can deal with a candy lab without blowing half the building apart, then you can manage this.

"Bit for ya thoughts?" Applejack sighed as she took a seat across from Bonbon.

"Am I that obvious?" she said lips pulled into a tired smile.

"A little," Applejack shrugged. "But if ya'll've got somethin' on your mind, Ah got an ear for ya."

"Are you sure?" she asked, letting her smile fall. "You probably wouldn't like what I have to say."

"Not all Apples have soft skin, sugarcube," she smirked. "Try me."

"Okay," Bonbon frowned. "I keep seeing my world's Applejack when I see you and I hate it."

To her credit, aside from a couple shocked blinks, Applejack remained unmoved by Bonbon's words. A fact that raised her opinion of the Earth Pony above her counterpart by several levels.

"It's not fair to you," she continued, eyes wandering towards the table. "I don't even know you and I've already got such a bad image of you. And don't even get me started on your sister. I really am the worst kind of person, aren't I?"

"Enope," Applejack said flatly.

Bonbon's head snapped up towards the mare, eyes wide with disbelief.

"Far as Ah can tell, yer good company. It's just gonna take some time for ya' ta' shake that image."

"I know," she sighed. "It's still not fair for you and Applebloom though."

"Nah, it ain't," Applejack sighed, then smiled and added, " but that's what life is sometimes."

Bonbon was stunned by that bit of wisdom, not really sure how to proceed or counter the Earth Pony's point. She didn't think she really wanted to even if she could.

"Just take yer time," she smiled. "Ah can wait. Now, let's get some food in ya' so we can show ya' around town."

On cue, Granny Smith and Big Macintosh stepped out of the kitchen, plates of food balanced with practiced ease on their backs. What surprised her more than the expert display of balance from the family Matriarch was the sheer amount of food they were bringing into the kitchen. Apple salad, baked potatoes the size of a boxer's fist, a two foot long loaf of cornbread, and a hearty vegetable stew were all lowered onto the table with care along with all the proper table settings as the remaining members of the family took their seats. Bonbon gawked at the veritable feast in front of her, the smell alone bringing a roar out of her suddenly empty stomach. While she was willing to admit that the walk from Princess Twilight's castle to Sweet Apple Acres had made her a bit peckish, she doubted she could eat even a tenth of what was on the table. With a audible gulp, she allowed herself to be served a bit of everything, all the while hoping the Apples wouldn't think her rude for not being able to clear her plate. She knew that It was a silly thing to be concerned about, but years of her mother telling her to always clear her plate added a sort of OCD pattern to her eating habits.

Maybe they won't be too offended if I have a little of everything, she thought as she reached for a fork. When her hoof came back empty, her insecurities were replaced with frustration as she glared at the offending utensil.

Right, no fingers. How did Sunset explain it again?

Her mind drifted back to the night before when Sunset was explaining how grabber magic worked and how to use it. While her memory was a little hazy for, obvious reasons, the gist of it was to channel their magic into their hooves to grab things. The trick being that they had to imagine that they still had hands and use the magic to make fingers in a way. The end result looked like the object in question was magnetically stuck to the bottom of a pony's hoof. According to Sunset, Earth Ponies were generally better at using this type of magic due to how their magic worked. A fact that Octavia was able to demonstrate with little effort while Bonbon struggled with it. As a result, it was more than a little frustrating for her when trying to pick up a fork became as big of an obstacle as climbing a mountain. After some work and silent swearing she was able to get her fork to stick to her hoof and jam it into a rather large chunk of carrot in her stew. She gulped as she raised the vegetable to her muzzle, its tantalizing aroma making her mouth water.

Well, here goes nothing.

With that, she popped the morsel into her mouth. She blinked, and suddenly, most of the food on the table was gone, most of it appearing to have been torn into by a ravenous beast. She also noted that she didn't feel hungry anymore. In fact, she felt that if she ate one more thing she was going to explode. Looking around, she saw that every Apple was staring at her in wide-eyed shock, Applejack and Big Mac in particular seeming to be frozen in the act of putting a piece of cornbread in their mouths.

"Wh-What happened?" Bonbon asked, slightly dazed.

Applejack lowered her cornbread and gave the human turned pony a wide smile.

"Hoowee! For land sake's girl, you put all that away faster than a starvin' swarm of Parasprites!"

I did what now?!

"S-Sorry about that," she she said bashfully. "I think I blacked out for a second there."

"No problem sugarcube," she laughed as she rose from her seat and walked around to the blushing glutton. "Just glad ya' liked it all."

As she said that, she threw a foreleg around her and gave her a half-hug. Still embarrassed, she gave the mare a slight smile and returned the embrace.

Maybe it won't take that long to accept her after all, she thought with a chuckle. She sure makes it hard not to.




***



Octavia was in true bliss as she laid on a massage table, a set of nimble hooves rubbing all of her stress away in ways she never knew was possible.

Oh god, don't let this ever stop, she thought as she melted into the table, a dull haze flooding her mind.

"Enjoying yourself darling?" Rarity said from her own table to her left.

A happy groan was all she could muster as a response as a pony she dimly identified as Aloe worked her magic on a particularly large knot in her lower back. Rarity let out a pleased hum as her masseuse, Lotus, did the same with her shoulders.

How can they do this kind of work without fingers? she thought as she struggled to stay awake. And how can they be this good at it?

"Glad to hear it," Rarity sighed as she let the tension melt out of her. "You looked like you could use a bit of pampering after everything you've been through."

"Tell me about it," she sighed, an unladylike groan fallowing as another knot was rubbed into oblivion. "Between my sister's antics and Sunset's situation, I am surprised my head hasn't flown off these past couple of weeks."

"Yes, darling," she said, a touch of venom in her tone. "After what's happened, I hope you all can have a chance to breathe."

The trace of aggression didn't go unnoticed by the musician, as a small frown spread across her muzzle.

"Yes, and that is precisely why I'm going to give you a bit of advice, love."

"Yes?" she asked, perplexed.

"Don't go to the other world," Octavia said, a cold finality in her voice. "The battle is over and those not slain must face the consequences of their actions."

"A rather cold assessment, darling. Don't you think?" Rarity asked, taken aback by her companion's frozen tone.

"Perhaps," she sighed. "But I say it for your good just as much as your counterpart's."

"I simply wish to have a word with her," Rarity said stiffly. "To do anymore then that would be a massive overstep of boundaries."

"Could you guarantee that your friends wouldn't follow?" she asked. "And if they did, do you think they would be satisfied with just words?"

Rarity meant to argue, but the words died on her tongue before she got the chance. Thinking on it, Rainbow would do a lot more than say a few harsh words while Applejack would at least give her counterpart fair warning before breaking her jaw.

"I see what you mean," Rarity conceded. "It still leaves a bad taste in my mouth to leave her be."

"I understand," Octavia sighed. "But there's no point in raising a fuss when everything is already settled."

"Very well darling," she sighed, only to smirk as she found another topic to latch onto. "So, Sunset and Derpy."

"Yes?"

"How long and how did it happen?"

"I would assume it was when she saved her life and gave her a place to live," she sighed, closing her eyes and enjoying Aloe's work. "As for exactly when, you'll need to ask Sunset herself."

"Oh poo, you're no fun," she pouted, earning a smile out of the dark gray mare.

"I can be plenty of fun love, but gossip is something I take little amusement from."

"Then perhaps you could tell me your thoughts on Fluttershy," Rarity said, a light smile decorating her muzzle.

"As Vinyl would put it, I don't swing that way love," Octavia smirked.

"That's not what I meant and you know it," she frowned.

Octavia chuckled a bit at the mare's expense, then decided to throw her a bone.

"Very well. Put simply, I can safely say that I didn't see that coming, but I hope things work out for them."

"Agreed, on all accounts. I just wonder how dating would work for them, what with your Fluttershy's attributes."

"Don't ponies date at night?" Octavia asked.

"Normally," Rarity relented. "But our Fluttershy is not very fond of the night or the dark in general."

"I see," Octavia mused, then smiled slightly as she added, "Then it should work out just fine between them."

"Pardon?" she asked, raising a brow.

"Think about it, what could be a better arrangement for someone who is afraid of the dark then to be with someone who can see in total darkness?"

"Go on," Rarity coxed, a smile of her own growing on her muzzle.

"Imagine it, the two of them go on a moonlight stroll, the stars sparkling high above them like a curtain of diamonds. They stay close, one in fear of the distant shadows while the other bravely guides her through the dark. They make it to a place of safety and look deeply into each other's eyes, the shine of the moon framing their faces in a rose quartz shine from their hair. They lean in close."

A pause fills the room, the white Unicorn waiting with baited breath. After two minutes of silence, Rarity's patience ran out.

"Well?" she asked, a blush growing on her muzzle. "Go on."

"Why?" Octavia smirked. "I'm sure you can guess what happens next."

"Oh you!" she pouted.

A light chuckle slipped past Octavia's lips at the irked tone that came from her comrade.

"All the same," she smiled. "I do hope things work out for them."

"And Derpy and Sunset?"

"I think Princess Celestia has claim on that particular matter," Octavia said with a knowing smile.

"Let the maker have mercy on them," Rarity sighed, a faint smile hidden in its shadow.

"We can only hope," she laughed.

With that the two mares slipped into content silence, enjoying both each other's company and the ministrations of their masseuses. All the while, Octavia scrolled through her interactions with the mare. She talked the same and acted the same, but was so different at the same time. She seemed so much more refined, yet also relaxed enough to keep others from feeling insecure around her. She also felt more grounded then the version Octavia was familiar with, in spite of sharing several of her finicky attributes. As she let the haze of her massage wash over her, a single thought echoed through her mind.

Is it wrong that I want to be her friend?



***



Two Pegesi stood on a cliff overlooking Ponyville, neither really comfortable with the other's presence. They didn't hate each other per se, but did have rather unpleasant interactions with their counterparts. Rainbow still remembered how much of a pain her world's Lightning Dust was as well as what was the tipping point between them at the Wonderbolts Academy. At the same time, Lightning couldn't get over her own issues with her world's Rainbow Dash. It didn't matter how mad you were with someone, there were lines you were never supposed to cross. Then there was how the two met. Needless to say, most stable friendships didn't start with threatening to feed someone their own limbs and calling them a bitch. Then again, most relationships didn't start with your crush putting the fear of god into one of your friends either.

"So," Rainbow said, avoiding eye contact and scratching the back of her head. "Do you read Daring Do?"

"Nah," Lightning said, eyes locked onto the town below. "You heard of a TV?"

"A what?" she asked turning towards the teal Pegasus.

"Thought so," she sighed.

Well, that killed about ninety-percent of my hobbies, Lightning thought bitterly. Come on Lightning, think!

"The weathers nice," she said, casting a glance at the sky.

Brilliant Lightning, she thought, mentally face-palming. Maybe next you can talk about how hard the dirt is.

"Yeah," Rainbow smirked, staring at the sky. "The weather team did a good job today."

"Weather team?" Lightning asked, staring at Rainbow with a raised brow.

"Yeah?" Rainbow frowned, quirking a brow herself as she stared at Lightning. "You know, the Pegesi responsible for controlling the weather over Ponyville?"

Lightning's eyes widened at that.

"Wait, hold up! Are you telling me that Pegesi control the weather here?"

"Yeah?" Rainbow said, tilting her head in confusion. "Who runs the weather in your world?"

"Nobody," she said, exasperated. "It does it all on its own."

Now it was Rainbow's turn to gawk. While wild weather wasn't an alien concept to her, the very idea of a whole world full of it was beyond her.

"Sweet Celestia, how are you all not dead yet!?"

"What do you mean?" she asked.

"How do you stop major storms or hurricanes?!" she asked, suddenly frantic. "How do you keep homes safe from stray lightning?! How do you keep snowstorms and floods under control?"

"Easy, easy," Lightning exclaimed, hooves up in the closest thing to a placating manner her new body could manage. "Geez, most places don't even get those kinds of weather problems and the ones that do have ways to mitigate damages. They're not perfect, but they keep the body count low."

"That's crazy," Rainbow said, staring at the clear sky above. "I can't imagine living in a world like that."

"I guess you know how I feel then," she said staring at he sky, a new kind of appreciation taking hold of her. "Hey, what's flying like?"

"Huh?" Rainbow asked, shifting another confused frown at Lightning.

"Flying," she repeated, still staring at the sky. "What's it like?"

"You've got wings, right?" Rainbow said, a playful smirk spreading across her muzzle. "Wanna find out?"

Lightning gave her a matching smile and locked eyes with her.

"Sure, if you think you can teach a scrub like me how to use them."

"Hey, none of that," Rainbow laughed, giving Lightning a playful shove. "I promise ya by the end of the week, you'll be flying like a real Pegasus, no problem."

"I'll hold you to that," Lightning laughed. "But I think we should get to the tour first."

"Eh, you'll see everything better when you get in the air," she shrugged. "We could just focus on step one for a little while, then hit a bar if you want."

"How about a burger and fries instead," Lightning grimaced. "I kinda wanna keep my distance from booze for a while."

"Eh, fair enough," she shrugged. "Anyway, step one."

"Which is?"

"Opening your wings."

"Right," Lightning nodded. "How the heck do I do that?"

"Easy," Rainbow smirked. "Just focus on the back muscles connected to your wings and try to manipulate them. Imagine that you have a set of legs on your back and move them like you would your legs."

Nodding, Lightning closed her eyes and did as she was instructed. It was a strange feeling, trying to move a new set of limbs. It was kind of like waking up one morning with an extra set of arms, complete with all the dexterity and nerve endings. The difference though was that these "arms" were going to help her make her biggest dream a reality. For the longest time, her biggest dream was to fly. To soar high above the clouds, free from the shackles of her life at home and all of her responsibilities. Just her and the ever expanding sea of blue with the wind flowing through her hair as she traveled far beyond the horizon. She felt a slight twinge in the sides of her back as she thought about that. Guessing that those were her wing muscles, she focused on that, trying to see if she could make that feeling stronger. After a minute of failure, she went back to visualizing the sky and the gentle breezes in it. She imagined that the wind was pushing up at her from below, teasing at the alien sensations on her back. Slowly, the "twinge" started to grow until after a minute, she felt like she had a set of fully spread arms on her back. It felt strange. It felt awkward. It felt...liberating. In her mind, she was high in he sky. She was free.

She held onto that image as she opened her eyes, Rainbow flashing a proud smile at her.

"What?" Lightning asked.

"Looks like you figured out how to do step one."

Her eyes slowly widened as she glanced over her shoulder. Sure enough, spread wide and proud were a set of teal wings, their feathers catching the early afternoon sunlight in a brilliant display. A bright smile spread across her muzzle as a simple truth came to her; she could fly.

"Alright!" she cheered.

Just then, a twinge ran through her spine and her fully extended wings decided that that was the perfect time to flap, hard. With a startled yelp, she shot twenty feet into the air. It was at her apex that her wings also decided that staying open was too much effort and snapped shut. Just when she was about to curse everything and everyone, a set of light-blue forelegs wrapped around her from behind.

"Don't worry, I got ya," Rainbow smirked as she slowly lowered them back to the ground.

Once they made it to the ground, Rainbow let her go and settled onto the ground herself.

"I guess I should've told you about step two, huh?" she chuckled sheepishly.

Lightning ignored her as the last couple of seconds ran through her mind. Slowly, a smile spread across her face followed by small chuckles. Soon, it grew into a wide smile with a gut busting fit of happy laughter. Rainbow watched the display with intrigue as well as a bit of apprehension.

"Uh, Lightning? Are you okay?"

"Y-Yeah," she said, laughter starting to die out. "Better than okay. I got to do it. I fucking flew!"

A light chuckle slipped past Rainbow's lips as she took in her fellow Pegesi's good cheer.

"Almost ," she smiled. "Wanna try that again?"

"Definitely!" she cheered.

"Then let's get started."

I think I'm gonna like it here, she thought, once again closing her eyes and letting the imagined wind take her away.



***




"How ya holding up Princess?" Vinyl asked, snickers barely hidden behind a smile.

"About as fine as you would expect," she sighed, several portions of her mane popping out of place. "And Twilight's fine."

"Cool," Vinyl smirked, staring at the glowing Unicorn party balloon gawking at her surroundings above the Princess as they made their way though Ponyville. "Thought maybe Lyra was starting to get to be a bit much for ya."

"No," Twilight said behind a slightly strained smile. "Not at all. She's great!"

Using the levitation spell she heard Twilight teach Lyra, she lifted her shades up just enough to show her eyes and leveled an unconvinced look at her.

"Twilight, you look like you're trying to figure out if she should be used as a baseball or a soccer ball."

"Is it that obvious?" she sighed.

Vinyl nodded, returning her glasses to their previous position.

"Not your fault girl," she smirked, throwing a foreleg around the Princess' shoulders. "Lyra can be a bit much sometimes, but trust me, she's a blast once you get to know her."

Literally, Twilight thought, casting a glance over her shoulder at Sugarcube Corner and its recently repaired roof.

"Um, I'm right here," Lyra frowned, crossing her forelegs and glaring at her two companions only to shift to an ashamed grimace as she looked away. "And sorry if I'm being a pain. It's just, I've always wanted to come to a world of magic."

That got the two to stop, a concerned frown shared between the two land-bound Unicorns.

"Wizards. Dragons. Knights. Faeries. All of that stuff has been a big part of me since I was little, so to get a chance to be a part of that for real is a big deal for me. Without it, I... Anyway I'm sorry if I'm being a big pain in the butt for you Princess Twilight."

For a moment, Twilight didn't know what to say. While on one hoof, she was willing to admit that the mare in her magic's grip had ruffled her feathers, she didn't seem like a bad pony by any means. If anything, the mare's only problem was that she was too eager to dip her hoof in things. That wouldn't be such a big problem in and of itself if it wasn't for the amount of magic Lyra had at her disposal. And not just her. Each of Sunset's friends had a lot of magic at their disposal, several times what was the norm for most ponies. Not so much that they could be a major threat to anypony, but enough to do some damage if not fully controlled. Lyra in particular seemed to have the largest pool of magic in the group, only just short of Sunset and Twilight prior to her ascension. A fact that made the mare's lack of proper training all the more concerning.

"It's fine," she sighed, then smiled as she set her back onto the ground. "I get it. Magic is a part of you, just not quite as literally as it is now. You want to know as much about it as you can, right?"

With a shy smile, Lyra nodded.

"Well," Twilight continued, a proud smile decorating her muzzle. "I just so happen to be one of the best mages around and if you want, I could teach you a few more things. What do you say?"

"Uh, no offense Twilight," Vinyl cut in, killing Lyra's growing smile before it split her head in half. "But I don't think teaching her magic is a good idea. I think people want to keep their houses intact if you catch my drift."

"Ha ha," Lyra deadpanned. "You're one to talk Miss Sonic Boom."

"Hey!" Vinyl snapped pointing a hoof at her mint antagonist. "At least I pointed my horn out a window when that happened Miss Laser Tip."

"How could I aim?" Lyra snapped back. "I sneezed!"

"Actually," Twilight cut in, drawing the attention of the two bickering Unicorns towards herself. "The main point of what I want to teach Lyra is how to prevent things like that from happening."

"Smart," Vinyl smirked, earning a glare from Lyra.

"You too Vinyl," Twilight deadpanned. "I don't think we want to know what kind of damage that sonic blast could've done if you didn't find a window in time."

"Aw c'mon!" she whined.

"Nope, come on," she smirked, guiding the two Unicorns back to the castle.

"Do we have to," Vinyl groaned as she tailed the Princess, Lyra not far behind.

"Yep!" the Princess said, maintaining her smile.

"Why? I get why Lyra needs it, but why me?"

"Can you fix an entire building if you blow it to smithereens?" she asked.

"No?" Vinyl frowned.

"How about guaranteeing that anypony hit by your spell won't be fatally wounded?"

That made the two foreigners pause for a moment.

"Wait, that could happen?" Vinyl asked, eyes widened behind her shades.

A moment of silence, then in a solemn voice, Twilight answered.

"A pony's body is tough, but not indestructible. The magic in our bodies make it so we can take a significant amount of damage, but if a spell is strong enough, it will hurt us if not outright kill us. If you're going to be around other ponies, you need to learn how to control your magic. Otherwise, you will always run the risk of hurting others as well as yourselves. Understood?"

Both nodded, dread running through them at the risks they represented thanks to the horns they now sported.

"Good," she sighed. "And I want to apologize for not doing this sooner. As a Princess and Mage I should've known better."

"No, it's my fault," Lyra said, a faint blush coloring her cheeks. "I shouldn't've pushed you to let us out so soon."

"Yeah, same," Vinyl frowned. "I just couldn't take being stuck in that castle for so long if everyone else was seeing the sights. Left me cagey, you know."

"Right," Twilight said, a sad smile crossing her muzzle.

Lyra frowned as she stared at the Princess, a heavy stone of guilt sitting in her gut. With a huff, she quickened her pace until she was standing to the left of the Alicorn. Before she could react, she gave her a playful shoulder check, earning a surprised yelp out of the mare.

"Hey, we all messed up. Quit beating yourself up over it," she smiled.

"Yeah," Vinyl added, taking up point on Twilight's right. "Let's get all this magic stuff sorted out and have some real fun."

With a growing smile, Twilight nodded as the trio made their way back to the Castle of Friendship. All the while, Lyra gave her friend an appreciative smile that went unnoticed, familiar swamp covered mountains flashing before her eyes. When she looked at Twilight, a different image came to her mind. She saw wide forests full of life that slowly transitioned into open plains that melted into hazy swamps only to change a moment later to high mountains with a wide ocean view just beyond. The image was as massive as it was powerful, an image of infinite possibilities and harmony. Unknown to her, in the second it took her to see this image her horn glowed for the tiniest of seconds. It was also in this brief moment that a single word slipped past her lips. A tiny whisper, just a touch louder than a breath.

"Quintessence."

"Did you say something Lyra?" Twilight asked, turning her head towards the mint Unicorn.

"Huh? No," she said, roughly shaking the cobwebs from her head.

Twilight shrugged then looked forward. All the while a shy smile spread across Lyra's muzzle as a thought ran through her head.

Looks like I might have a deck to build when I get home.

"There you are!" a familiar female voice cried from behind the group.

Startled and a little confused, they turned. Walking towards them from a store ten feet away was Bonbon, a pair of stuffed sattle bags on her sides and scarf wrapped around her neck. The mare looked annoyed as she closed the gap between them.

"Seriously, I turn away for a second and you're gone!" she exclaimed, stoping a foot in front of Lyra.

"Uh, aren't you supposed to be with Applejack?," Lyra asked, mirroring Vinyl's thought.

"Why would I be with Applejack?" Bonbon asked, her irritation seeming to grow. "Now Come on we-"

"Hey Bony!" an eerily familiar voice called, its mint colored speaker quickly coming into view. "Why'd you run off?"

When Lyra's pony counterpart stopped next to Bonbon, pieces started to fall into place for the Unicorn trio. The same could not be said for the native Bonbon as her head snapped back and forth between the two Unicorns.

"What? But? You're over-But then you-WHAT THE HAY IS GOING ON HERE?"

While Bonbon continued to short circuit, the two Lyras looked each other over. The native Lyra looked confused, while the visiting one looked more intrigued then anything.

"*Pst*, feel anything?" Vinyl whispered.

Terran Lyra thought about that for a second as she continued to observe her double. While she was willing to admit that she was a good looking Unicorn, that was about as far as her thoughts went in that regard.

"Nope," she whispered back. "Still happily hetero."

"So it's not some multiverse thing," Vinyl smirked. "Tavi owes me fifty bucks when we get home."

"Oh sweet Celestia," Equestrian Bonbon groaned, a heavy layer of dread in her tone as she fell to her haunches. "My marefriend's multiplying."

Author's Note:

I'm not going to give away too much here, but the next chapter is going to be up around Valentines Day and it's going to be heavily centered around one of the ships in this fic's universe. Care to guess which one? Prepare for adorabieties folks. :pinkiecrazy:

PreviousChapters Next