• Published 14th Dec 2018
  • 10,928 Views, 1,673 Comments

The Gaps in F r i e n d s h i p - Arcanum -Phantasy



Now that Anon-a-Miss has been defeated, Sunset is ready to move forward with her new friends. New misadventures follows her and her crew as the past meets the present. Can Sunset help fill the gaps around her friends?

  • ...
35
 1,673
 10,928

PreviousChapters Next
Epilogue

Crystals surrounded her. Everywhere the young girl looked was the same clear crystal. She laid at the room's center, her slim teenage form motionless as she waited on her back. Her skin was a shimmering ivory, a perfect counter to the pitch black dress she wore, the garment's skirt coming down to just past the knees, the edges lightly frayed. Its sleeves looked to have been ripped off as only tattered remains held the top of the dress to her shoulders. Her hair was the same shade of black, short waves that came down to the girl's shoulders. Her most striking feature was her eyes, a pair of golden pupils surrounded by darkness as they stared blankly at the ceiling of her prison.

For days she had been like this, staring at the empty blue sky projected on the crystal ceiling like a massive television screen. A gnawing hunger ate at her, but there was nothing she could do to sate it. All she could do was stare at the sky. That and try to figure out how she ended up in this situation. That had been a fruitless task, for no matter how hard she tried she just couldn't bring the answers to herself.

A dull and empty sigh escaped her lips as she lamented that. Then, something caught her attention. At first, she thought it was some giant bug that decided to crawl across the display from outside her prison, but that was quickly disproven when it moved into view again. It was a massive rectangular devise with comparatively small antenna sticking out of one end. The image became shaky as the display suddenly changed perspective, briefly showing a massive pile of wreckage by a lake before showing a large purple face. The face seemed to belong to a young girl, her purple eyes hidden behind loose fitting glasses.

The girl in the crystal studied the giant as she seemingly did the same to her prison.

"Can you hear me?" the trapped girl asked, her voice weak and dry as it echoed off of the walls. "Who are you?"

The display turned dark as the giant put the girl's prison in her pocket.

"Hey! Don't do that! I don't like the dark! Please tell me you can hear me! Who are you!?"

A moment of silence, then the girl curled in on herself, tears rolling down her cheeks as she sniffled out one last question. One that would not receive an answer for a quite some time.

"Who am I?"

Author's Note:

And we are done! This has been a wild ride and I want to thank everyone that followed up to this point. You guys are all awesome and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I also want to thank my detractors (as weird as that might sound) since its thanks to you that I can see my weaknesses and try to overcome them to become a better writer. Not gonna lie, I did not think this fic was going to be as massive as it turned out when I started it. 63 chapters!? Seriously?! That's not counting the pro and epilogues either. Hopefully the next stories in this universe won't be this massive. (I like to sleep T-T) Now that this is done, I can focus on Gold Vine's story and the sequel to Winter Aria (A fic that takes place in the same universe but at a radically different time). Hopefully, those will do as well as this did if not better. Till my next project, Ciao :twilightsmile:

PreviousChapters Next