• Published 9th Dec 2018
  • 430 Views, 9 Comments

One Last Job - ZeroMonkey



Twilight Sparkle is getting her old team together for one last job: a heist of the Royal Bank of Canterlot. When things go awry, her team is scattered across the world. Now she has to recover the artifacts they stole before the world ends.

  • ...
1
 9
 430

Prologue: A Phone Call

[UNKNOWN LOCATION]

The phone had been ringing for a while now. Maybe nopony would answer. Unlikely. This pony was reliable. That much had been demonstrated many times in the past, more than enough to establish a trend. She would pick up.

Abruptly, the ringing stopped.

"Who are you and how did you get this number?" a mare's voice demanded angrily.

She had a country accent, although it was diminished. Likely a result of seven years spent hiding in Manehattan.

The mare continued, "The only one who should have this number is..."

Twilight Sparkle chose this moment to interrupt, "Me."

"Twilight! er, ah mean, Magic. Why are you calling me? Is my cover blown?"

"No, nothing of the sort," the other mare audibly sighed at this, "I'm getting the girls back together, Honesty."

It had been difficult for her to decide on the codenames. She relied on the purely logical nature of her thoughts and the predictability of other ponies to get through life. Creativity wasn't her strong suit. She had decided on a set of six artifacts from a fairytale, the Elements of Harmony, that she had heard as a child. To her slight distaste, it stuck.

"What for? We're already some of the most wanted mares in Equestria, what will one more heist accomplish?"

As expected, Honesty doubted the plan. Of course, Twilight knew her well and could change her mind with a few simple words.

"This is no small job. It's the biggest we've ever taken. We'll make enough money to live comfortably for the rest of our lives, in any place of our choosing. It'll be enough to help Applebloom."

Honesty hesitated, "Are you sure about that?" she paused, "Don't answer that. I know you wouldn't call me if you weren't. Alright, what's the mark?"

Twilight allowed herself a smile, "The Royal Bank of Canterlot. I've found a way into one of the Princess' private vaults. I've already sent Loyalty to pick you up."

"You'd better have a real good plan if we're going to rob the Princess. I'll see you soon, Magic."

Twilight let out a sigh she didn't know she was holding. She'd done this before. She could do it again. Her mind was as sharp as it always had been, she hoped.