• Published 4th Dec 2018
  • 1,656 Views, 41 Comments

Prelude to Anon-A-Miss: Wallflower's Weekend - CapNTilfy



Wallflower Blush has been wronged by Sunset Shimmer, and she spends the weekend planning out her revenge. Book Two of Prelude to Anon-A-Miss.

  • ...
12
 41
 1,656

Zen and the Art of Gardening

Upon returning home from school, Wallflower Blush immediately went into her backyard and smiled as she looked upon her garden. Tulips, roses, lilies, and azaleas in all sorts of colors and rows. This was her sanctuary. Her place to think. She sighed contently as she went into her tool shed. It feels good to be home, she thought. Few things were more calming to her than keeping her plants happy and healthy. At least they never ignored her. At least they'd never hurt her...

Wallflower slapped herself on the face. This was a time for peace, not revenge. She needed to clear her head of today's frustrations. Only with a fresh mind could she plan properly. She shoved all negative thoughts to the back of her head, saving them for the day after. She took a deep breath, then exhaled. She smiled as she felt a cool breeze blow through her hair, then went into the shed to grab a few things.

Wallflower left the tool shed with several gardening implements as another mild gust of wind blew, causing her favorite wind chimes to ring. She smiled warmly, then quickly snapped back to reality once she realized she was losing her grip on her tools.

As Wallflower neared her garden, she found herself wondering why more people don't take up gardening. It's calming, you get fresh air, and the rewarding feeling you get when you look at your garden? It's the best. Where would she be without gardening?

Wallflower's mother, Ericaceae Corema, had gotten her interested in the ways of gardening. Sometimes her mother's childhood friend Florid Abundance would come by and garden with them, all the while sharing anecdotes, giving pointers and laughing. She smiled fondly at the memories she had with them, then rolled up her sleeves and cracked her knuckles. "All right. Time to work my magic!"

Wallflower grabbed a giant bag, then donned her gardening gloves and grabbed a trowel. Some people prefer to spray to kill weeds, but to her, using her hands felt much more fulfilling. She pulled several out of the dirt, then placed them in the bag. When was the last time it rained, she thought as she looked up to the sky. She shrugged, then grabbed a watering can and filled it up with water from the hose. She happily hummed as she watered the plants.

If plants could talk, Wallflower thought, what would they say? What sort of knowledge could they impart to the world? She shrugged, dismissing it as a random and pointless thought as she emptied her watering can. She went back to the hose and refilled it.

Suddenly, an idea struck. Why not start a gardening club at Canterlot High? Surely she can't be the only student interested in this hobby! Sure, it would take time and patience, but that's what gardening was all about! She'd just need to get rid of that damned social anxiety. The only reason she was even able to speak to...that woman was because she was so angry that she couldn't just let it slide.

Wallflower frowned. As effective as that was, she couldn't just talk like that to every student. They'd either avoid her or start a fight, and she tried to stay out of conflicts if she could help it. It's just too stressful for her. She put her hand on her forehead and sighed. There had to be something she could do to gain enough confidence in herself in order to become better at public speaking. She shook her head. This isn't the time or place for such thoughts. All that matters is the garden.

Wallflower began walking back to her garden, then felt a droplet of rain. She looked up and noticed the skies had become rather cloudy. She sighed, then slouched in disappointment. It was nice that the plants were going to get properly watered and all, but she wanted to spend the rest of her day gardening, not being cooped up indoors!

Wallflower returned all of the tools to the tool shed and walked inside before the rain really started to come down. She stared out the window as the rain fell, then closed her eyes. She smiled, focusing on the positives of the situation. She again reminded herself that the plants were getting well-fed, and the sound of the rain relaxed her. She opened her eyes, satisfied that she made herself feel better about the situation.

Wallflower went into a bathroom and dried herself off. She took out her phone to check the time. Not a whole lot of time, she thought, but I'll take what I can get. She walked into her room and stretched.

Wallflower's room was fairly spacious, and could easily be divided for two people if the need arose. The walls of her room were painted by her father, each wall depicting luscious plant life. She smiled, eternally grateful for her dad's hard work. To her left was a walk-in closet, filled with clothes and shoes meant for various occasions. Next to it was a bookshelf containing various books on horticulture and plant science, most of which she had read at least once. She made a mental note to herself to mark which books she hadn't read yet, then took one off the shelf.

To Wallflower's right was her desk, where her computer sat. Her monitor took up a fair amount of space, but there was just enough left for a lamp and a radio to play music from. On the wall above her monitor were pictures of her favorite plants and an award for winning a local amateur gardening competition.

Behind Wallflower were posters of exotic plant life from around the world. She had hopes to someday travel to where the wonderful flora were.

In front of Wallflower was her bed, with covers, pillows and blankets as green as herself. Next to her bed was a nightstand where a bonsai tree sat next to a spray bottle.

Wallflower changed into her pajamas, then opened the book and read it until she felt sleepy. Tomorrow, she thought as she turned off her lamp. Tomorrow I'll have plenty of time to think up ways to get revenge on Sunset... She slowly fell asleep, eagerly forming ideas in her mind.