• Published 2nd Dec 2018
  • 233 Views, 2 Comments

Beautiful and fearful - RainbowThunder



Jazz Skin is waiting for his first concert, which will show whether Jazz can become a musician or not. Pegasus will play the saxophone for the first time in front of the audience.Will he be able to perform well?

  • ...
 2
 233

Beautiful and fearful

The evening of the ordinary summer day was approaching. Let it was not so late, but in the dark endless sky, a lot of little, shining, distant stars had already appeared. Looking at them, you were plunging into the world of memories and were not feeling alone. And in some cases, your soul could be completely renewed, purified, and you were in a beautiful distant world, where there were no problems and worries.

Jazz Skin - Pegasus with a white fur, orange mane and a purple star on cutiemark – was looking at the stars and dreaming, leaning on the sill. Pegasus was waiting for his turn to play for the FIRST time on stage in front of the audience. He was going to play the saxophone song, on which Jazz worked for a long time. He was anxious, his heart madly knocked. Therefore, in order to digress a bit, the Pegasus watched the stars that matter to him a lot: more important than for the other ponies.

Skin lost his parents at an early age what to adulthood he was raised by not friendly ponies from the orphanage. In addition, Pegasus was accompanied by an atmosphere of severity of this place, injustice and hatred. Many foals there bullied him, just because he was too calm and weak, and there was no one to stand up for Jazz. There was no pony that Skin could trust. But Jazz had not lost purity of soul and conscience and even, having grown up, entered music school and later in Music College. He was always drawn to music, especially to the sound of the saxophone, and so even at that time living parents gave him that name. But in the institutions where Jazz studied in playing the saxophone, he was not allowed to show his talent to the public, due to the fact that he was an orphan. I will say more – the teachers, knowing his origin, never encouraged him, praised and found fault with the smallest. No one was pleased with the fact that Skin was very good at playing his instrument. But Jazz has long ceased to pay attention to his "good" teachers, because he must become succeed by himself. And this first concert is a start that will or will not give rise to his musical career. "I can do it! I can do it!" Pegasus spoke to himself, clutching the saxophone to his chest and looking up at the night sky filled with stars. The stars brought back memories of his parents. Death is unfair, everyone knows that. She prevented her parents and son from being together. "Would they be proud of me?" Skin asked himself, looking at the stars as if expecting them to answer. It's a pity these beautiful shining dots can't speak.

While the Pegasus thought, the time has passed. Suddenly he heard someone's female voice, distracting him from his thoughts.

"Mr. Skin, come to the stage. It’s your turn".

"Really?" Jazz wondered.

"That's right. I wish you luck".

"Thank you very much." Pegasus said, and took his saxophone into his hooves.

The first concert couldn’t end in failure, in any case. But still, Jazz was scared, it seemed to him that some invisible rope scene smothers him. His heart was pounding wildly, about to jump out of his chest. Skin almost forgot the notes, but remembered them in time. "Everything will be fine." Pegasus said to himself, trying not to be nervous. "I can do anything!" And he finally came on stage, looking at the audience applauding him, and trying not to show fear. "Now or never, Jazz, now or never!" He shouted to himself, feeling at the same time as fear gradually recedes, and confidence comes. This moment with the coming confidence should be used, it is impossible to miss it. And he quickly put to his mouth the saxophone and began to play.

Notes, to the Skin's surprise, didn’t break; it was clean, correct sound. And Jazz did not dare to stop, continuing to strain the lungs for the game. It seemed to him that he would get off at the most inopportune moment, but it didn't happen. Confidence and force played together with him, such Skin never felt. He could not believe that he was playing in front of the audience, not some other pony. Although his heart continued to beat inexorably, but in this time it seemed to help keep the rhythm, to the beat of the music. Jazz's green eyes were beaming with happiness and pride, orange tail with pleasure slightly darted from side to side. To better keep the rhythm, during the incoming crescendo, he spread his wings beautifully, this surprised the audience. "Sweet Celestia, is that me?" Jazz thought, still not believing that he now plays in front of everyone. His happiness knew no bounds.

Unfortunately, ponies weren't as happy as Jazz. Anyway, some ponies. The melody that the Pegasus played irritated their ears and got on their nerves. And not only had the song, even the sound of the saxophone made them cower, unwilling to listen. And the strange thing is that before all went well. These are some ponies with all the others sat quietly and listened, applauding at the end. But this applause was addressed to any instrument, not to the saxophone. Apparently, for some reason, these some ponies hated that instrument. But Pegasus, not wanting to stop, did not pay attention to the audience. These ponies were killed by the sound of the saxophone, even though Jazz never made a mistake. Pegasus played correctly and confidently, but half of viewers this far not appreciated.

Not a little angry, some ponies decided to end it. One of the furious ponies conjured a stone, being a unicorn. And with magic, he launched the projectile directly into Jazz. There was a whistling sound of a flying object, and then abruptly sounded at the wrong time interrupted, ragged note caused by an unexpected blow. Pegasus, feeling a sharp pain in his side, staggered and dropped from the hooves of the saxophone, almost breaking it. "Ah!" Half of the audience horrified. The unicorn viciously smiled, finally hearing the desired silence. Skin, not wanting to appear weak, said nothing and tried to get to his feet, though the pain in his side made itself felt. With wings keeping balance, he tried to gather his thoughts, but it was not there: the new stone had already hit him in the shoulder, because of what Jazz could not resist and fell on the sick side. The audience "Ah" sounded again. "Am I that bad?" Jazz thought. It seemed that this side he fell on the sharp knife, what symbolized the loud cry of the Pegasus. Half of the spectators were enraged, and the other half were filled with fear, no one dared to pull away. Jazz froze in fear: stones began to appear and the rest of the pony, even Pegasi and earth ponies. Angry unicorns share with them by magic. Many ponies had wild brutal smile, accompanied by weak, but serious and frightening growl, their eyes glowed enrage and a thirst for pain. Some daredevils tried to escape for help, but then they got it. Evil ponies were not going to let anyone go here. The ears of the Pegasus fell, the pain in his side and shoulder were throbbing. Skin saw what to do. Run, or he would be stoned, no mercy. It did not matter how he played, the main thing is to stay alive.

Jazz, despite pain, jumped up, thereby rising back on his hooves, and, as only could, quickly waved his wings, going for backstage. But his plans prevented one Pegasus, launching a heavy shell and thus hitting Pegasus. Skin fell in the middle of the stage. Just as he was about to get up, a real hell broke out: hundreds of stones fell with unknown force on his body, now it is impossible to run or fly. The Pegasus shed tears because of pain, fear and helplessness. Now what's the point of hiding them? The white fur became grey from dust and red from blood, there was not a single area on the body of Pegasus, where the cobblestones had not been. The stones were not going to end up. Angry ponies threw them, each time straining the muscles stronger, which Jazz was even more painful. At first, Jazz wanted to defend himself with a saxophone, but he did not have time: angry ponies first broke the instrument into pieces with stones, only copper pieces were lying around the wings. "Please stop!" Skin shouted, but his suffering only pleased tormentors, who continued to attack with renewed vigor. Some of the spectators tried to help the Pegasus, but angry ponies, to the surprise of all, could simultaneously and torment Pegasus, and control of the audience. If someone tried to shout or take any action, they hit them, too. There was nothing like a horror to watch. The blood of Pegasus flowed through his body; the whole body was constrained by indescribable pain. He was lying, knowing that it had nothing to save. Long the Skin would not stand, his strength left him with the blood. This battle for life may soon be over.

Suddenly some kind of magical sheath of his defense was formed around the Pegasus. Thanks to them, the stones could not hurt him. It was a real miracle, there was hope for salvation. "Really!"- rejoiced Skin, crying because of pain and over flowing with his emotions. It is useless to have to throw the shells, they still don't reach Jazz. "Let me go, you freak!" suddenly someone's words appeared silence. Having escaped from "gentle embraces" of one of angry pony, the white unicorn with a blue mane jumped on a scene. Coming on stage, she angrily looked at everyone and despising them in the soul. This look made all the torturers – all – be silent and don't move, they were paralyzed. So she was the one who decided to stand up for Pegasus. Jazz was a little blind (one of the ponies landed stone him in the head, causing Skin became worse to see), so could not see his savior, but he knows who owns the shield. Pegasus wanted to scream at the top of his lungs "Thank you so much!" But then something happened that surprised everyone: unicorn’s horn lit up stronger, playing a new spell. Namely teleport and then poof – there was nothing except small fragments of broken saxophone, a few drops of blood and feathers. Skin and his savior disappeared without saying anything at last, though it was not required. Seeing this trick, all the ponies opened their mouths. "WHAT?! WHAT THE HAY?!" Ponies shouted, ten minutes ago pelted stones at his victim. One half growled in frustration, having no more opportunity to continue to mock the Pegasus. And the other half breathed a sigh of relief.

Jazz opened eyes, finally waking up. His body was connected to the apparatus, showing the heartbeat, and the long tube of the dropper went out from one of the veins. There was no doubt, Pegasus was in the hospital. I could not believe that he was still alive after the events that occurred that horrible evening. However, this Jazz couldn't remember, couldn't. "Why am I here? What happened to me?" Yes, he understood why he was lying here: wings and other limbs was in blood, it was impossible to move, lots of bruises and deep cuts. "But .. what happened before? Who caused me all this suffering?" the Pegasus thought, examining his hospital room. But suddenly his thoughts was breaking.

"But ... what else can I do, doctor? He must survive; I would do anything for that. Just tell me what to do and ..." The first voice said, clearly pointing to the female. Jazz immediately recognized this voice, though he heard it a long time ago, but that his memory was not gone. But maybe he was wrong. It was better to listen to the end of the conversation.

"Believe me". He heard the second voice, obviously male, "I and my colleagues did everything in our power. There's nothing else you or we can do. However ... Mr. Skin is in a terrible condition: the stones broke almost all of his bones, and he lost a lot of blood. A chance for his survival is possible, but it is negligible".

"But ..."

"I'm sorry, miss Hope. We can only hope".

Jazz, having heard this, all mentioned. Stones and stones again, evil faces those ponies ... But Jazz had small chance to stay alive. This can be seen with such disabilities to live a long time still can not, and this whole life is continuous suffering.

Suddenly the same white one unicorn's walked into his chamber, who saved him a few hours about the evil of the public. Pegasus's heart leapt harder, his mouth almost opened in surprise. He couldn't believe he saw her. It wasn't just his savior it was his love! He'd been in love Misty Hope since he was a kid. The unicorn also lost her parents early, and she was sent to the same orphanage. That’s where they met. Together, side by side, they helped each other endure suffering in that terrible place. There was friendship, later love. But it did not last forever: misty found loving foster parents and she was taken. Jazz stayed alone. But despite this, Pegasus always remembered the unicorn and continued to love her. And now, after so many years, his love stands before him. It's unbelievable!

"Hello, Jazz. What're you up to?" Misty asked.

"I’m better. I can't believe I see you back here after all these years. I'm so excited. Thank you for saving me".

"If that Pegasus hadn't held me, I wouldn't have let them hurt you anymore. You would be teleported immediately, not at the end." Misty finished and fell silent. She was so glad to see Pegasus, but the doctor's words didn't left her mind. It was painful for her to see Jazz wounded, exhausted, and soon to be taken away by death. Pegasus read her mind.

"You're thinking about those doctor words, right? Do you think about my zero chances of survival?"

"What? Really …"

"Yes, I heard you talking. But I know I'll die without a doctor." he said with a note of sadness. These words cut the unicorn; she did not believe that Jazz says it so easily".

"No! Don't you dare say that! You'll survive!"

"I'd like that. But look at me: the stones broke almost all my bones and almost all my organs. My body can't live with that. Honestly, I want to live, but I guess it's not gonna happen. But on the other hand I was given a good alternative".

"What are you talking about?" She asked. It was time to tell her how his feel or it would be too late. A bit paused, Skin responded.

"I may have lived a little, but I have the best moments before I die, because ... now I've met the pony I've loved since I was a child. She is like the bright ray of bright sun among the gray and terrible days. She is the only one who understands me. And her happiness is my happiness. I was so happy when she found a loving foster family. I have never seen her again, but I knew it was for the best. Parents is holy, it's undeniable. When I grew up, I realized that I will not find this pony, she has her own life, I have my own life. Nevertheless, though I had lost hope of meeting her again, I remembered her and continued to love her ... and I will soon leave this world, but I have met her – or she me – and confessed my love to her. I don't want to leave her alone in this cruel world, but apparently it has been decided by fate. Unfair you, fate! But most importantly, she found out about my feelings. I won't die without telling her. And that pony is you, Misty. I love you." He whispered and kissed her on the cheek. Misty was touched by these words; she did not believe that Jazz tells her. She couldn't hold back her tears.

"And I love you, ever since I was a kid." she said and kissed him, too. It was their first and last kiss. "I am so sorry, Jazz, that there is no hope for your recovery. I'm so sorry."

"Don't cry, Misty. Everything will be OK. I promise you everything will be fine." Jazz hugged her and pressed her to him. Misty was crying and Pegasus's fur got wet because of her tears. Jazz also did not hold back tears, and one tear fell on the mane of the unicorn. It was their first and last hug, so strong and touching. Suddenly the cheat of Pegasus was seized by the sharpest pain caused by the weak work of the heart. Ponies took it as a terrible sign, indicating the end.

"Apparently, that’s all." Jazz sighed quietly. "Thank you for everything, Misty. Take care of yourself ... goodbye …"

Last breath and, unfortunately, not followed by a sigh. "Pi, Pi, Pi-i-i-i." The heart machine squeaked, showing a straight line. Jazz's heart stopped beating. His eyes were dull and not alive, almost entirely broken wings of Pegasus hung from a hospital bed. Misty stood up beside the Pegasus’s bed, her tears fell on the floor. Unicorn remembered how she and Skin, being small foals, ran, hiding behind the night gloom, from the orphanage together and rushed to the nearest graveyard to remember the parents and stand by their graves in sorrow. How fortunate that the parents of both foals were buried in the same cemetery. Misty is still remembered as Jazz tried to protect her when she was molested. However, because of this, Pegasus received from those bullies a black eye, but he was glad that the bruise flaunts on him, not оn Misty. "Ah, it was a long time ago." she sighed, looking at the wounded and dead Pegasus. It was like he was alive and just asleep, and after a few minutes, he would wake up again and would hug her. But, unfortunately, Misty knew that this would not happen.

After a while, Misty found out the cause of Jazz's death. Changelings, not ponies, pelted him with stones. Changelings are insect-like creatures, capable of anyone and anything to turn and feed on love. The concert is a place where there were always a lot of ponies, and therefore a lot of love. Pretending to be a pony, they snuck into the auditorium and planned after the concert to attack the pony and capture them as a source of power. However, Jazz Skin, which appeared with the most murderous for the ears of the Changeling instrument (saxophone), forced them to show their aggressiveness a little earlier. And these pseudo-ponies threw Jazz with stones, unfortunately, to death. But even after that, they failed to translate their plans into reality. One of the ponies still managed to pass by the eyes of the Changelings and call for help. Princess Celestia and her guards, hearing the call for help, immediately rushed to the concert and gathered to repel the attack pseudo-pony. It was not easy, Changelings are excellent war, and they have the advantage; they could to transform. But Celestia could not allow these creatures to touch her subjects, so the guards and she fought bravely and with dignity, thanks to which they were able to win. Angrily hissing, the changelings flew away, and the ponies, who were almost captured, thanked Celestia and her guards. "No wonder she's a Princess," they said.

Time passed, and the changelings refused to feed on love, becoming kind, thanks to their new leader Thorax. But now at the mention of these creatures Misty recalled, how Skin looked at their tormentors, when his skin was obsidian stones. At least unicorn was glad that pseudo-ponies’ plan failed, but she could not forgive them Jazz’s death. So terrible that Skin died very early and in that monstrous way. No one appreciated the talent of Pegasus. Except for the unicorn, of course, she always liked the way Pegasus played the saxophone. And now any sound of a saxophone brings to Misty memories of that concert and of Jazz. "Rest in peace, Jazz." Misty said, standing at Skin's grave, wiping away tears.

Comments ( 2 )

Well... that didn't go as expected. Very unfortunate, but that's life sometimes. I don't know if confessing his feelings towards Misty was a good thing in the situation he was in, but it makes sense he's done that.

One grammar tip: as far as I know, when talking about a specific (and already mentioned) character/pegasus, "the" should be used.

9336813
Thanks for your comment. I wanted to write something touching and sad, and so I did not pay attention to reality and logic.
Yeah, I always have a problem with "the".

Login or register to comment