• Published 3rd Dec 2018
  • 623 Views, 37 Comments

CMC 10,000: Dawn of War - The Blue EM2



The Spear of Sacanas shall open the Gateway, And Blood shall Spill over the Wandering City...

  • ...
4
 37
 623

Callida Malatia

The offensive plan was not going at all well. Discord’s beings rushed the gate, but were cut to shreds by focused enemy fire.

“We can’t go that way!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed. “That way will get those idiots killed.” She hissed in frustration. Hissed would be the appropriate word, given the once-proud Pegasus was now a strange hybrid of a dragon and a snake. “I told that numbskull Rarity that a frontal assault wouldn’t work, but does she listen to me? No!”

Her mind flashed back to the past. In the ancient time, she had opposed Discord, but he had opened up her eyes to the reality of things. Like a rampaging band, the armies of chaos had swept across Equestria, like a great tide that tore everything apart. But who cared about that, or victories? Rainbow just enjoyed the fighting, and always led her mob toward the best fights. She and the others constantly jostled with one another for control and dominance, and today was no different.

Her inward monologuing was suddenly interrupted by a mob of Choppers running at her. These warriors carried a single axe, unlike the Shooters, which were based around a ranged weapon.

“Boss!” one of them called. “Our Boyz are bein’ shredded by da shooty fing. What should we do?”

“Follow me!” Rainbow called. “We need to go around if this is going to work.”

“Follow da Rainbow!” shouted another, and away they went.



Rainbow surged into the air, and blew a gate control, releasing a drawbridge allowing her mob to advance. They charged into a group of Imperial Guard and wiped them out in spectacularly short order, before stopping.

One Chopper ran forward, only for a beacon to activate. "Xenos movement detected. Engaging.”

A turret suddenly popped up from the bushes, and sprayed a hail of Bolt rounds everywhere, tearing the Chopper to pieces.

“I shoulda fought dis threw!” he shouted, before being reduced to a bloody pulp on the floor.

“How’s we gonna get through dat one boss?” asked another.

“Easy!” Rainbow replied. “We go through those bushes there and evade the guns!”



The plan worked. The guns were unable to detect them, and the horde snuck through without so much as a peep out of the big gun. But then they came across an obvious problem; there was no way down into the courtyard.

Rainbow Dash looked down in disdain. Commanding the enemy army was an Imperial officer, Colonel Roseluck to be precise. Like her comrades, she was clad in green armour.

“Futile effort,” she laughed, as she smashed the control box. The gate flew open, and in poured the hordes-those stuck outside the door, and those on the battlements.

“Who opened the gates?” cried a terrified Guardsman, as her Lasgun took out another Chopper.

“Clearly,” said Rarity over the Vox, “I’m so terrifying that they opened the gate for me! I will make them so much more fabulous.”

To describe the remaining scene as a battle would be inappropriate. A cull would be altogether more appropriate, as the Choppers hacked and slashed away at the foe, bodies coming apart and blood slicking the walls in red gore. Rainbow flew in and decapitated the enemy commander.

“I’ve waited a long time for that,” she bellowed.



Once the mess was cleaned up and a base established, Rainbow flew over to Rarity.

“Clearly,” Rarity said, with a laugh, “my plan was so brilliant that the enemy couldn’t possibly win.”

“I did all the heavy lifting!” Rainbow exclaimed.

“We wouldn’t have to have launched this assault if your plan to take Harmony Fortress hadn’t gone so spectacularly wrong.” Rarity paused. “But out of the generosity of my heart, I’m willing to forgive you if you do something for me.”

“And what would that be?”

“Scattered around are the parts needed for a Super-Cannon. If you can assemble that, I’ll call it even. OK?”

“Sure thing!” Rainbow smiled. “Gotta show Loyalty, huh?”



Upon rallying a new horde, a mixed force of Choppers, Shooters, and Looters, Rainbow Dash flew over to one of her engineers. “Where’s these parts?”

“There are some over there,” the engineer said, pointing unhelpfully, “some over there, and some over there.”

She sighed. “We’ll need to move swiftly then.” She signalled the force. “Move out!”

As they advanced, they came under heavy fire from turrets and Guardsman in cover. “Incoming!” a Looter shouted. “No way we can survive that lot!”

Rainbow flew up into the air, and began to spin rapidly in a circle, which absorbed the bullets and sent them flying upwards into the air. Bullets spewed from the troops and blades slashed as the defenders were cut apart in messy fashion.

The first two locations drew blanks, but the third was the most interesting. Interesting because a small host of Crystal Ponies suddenly appeared in the fray, vaporising the Guardsmen with shots of plasma and shuriken before suddenly melting away.

“What’s the Crystal Empire doing here?” Rainbow wondered aloud.

“Boss!” one of the engineers called. “They destroyed the parts we need!”

“Are there any more?” Rainbow asked impatiently.

“Yes! But the Crystal Ponies have dropped a dropship in the way!”

“How else do ya put a drop ship anywhere?” asked one of the Shooters.

“We’ll just have to go right through them!” Rainbow bellowed. “Charge!”



Although many fell in front of the devastating fusillade of shuriken and plasma, enough made it through to hack the Crystal Ponies apart. Gunfire from troops tore apart hover bikes and axes went clean through armour, although it took a lot of work to break open.

“They sure have some heavy firepower,” Rainbow sighed as she flew forward.

At last they recovered the parts, and assembled the gun. This was problematic, as the weapon was now several miles from base.

The engineer stepped up into the firing port. “Shall we fire it, boss?”

“Yes!” Rainbow cackled.

The weapon activated, and began bellowing insults just as the enemy began pouring in.

“What’s da point of that?” asked one of the Choppers.

“It scares the enemy,” the engineer replied.

“Really?” said Rainbow. “THEN WHY THE BUCK ARE THEY STILL FIGHTING?”

The engineer threw another lever, and the gun shot backwards due to the recoil, flying several miles and landing nearer the base.

A smile crossed the commander’s face. “We can get the gun back to base by firing it!” she laughed. “We need to protect it whilst it charges up!”



A series of running battles began, with Discord’s troops protecting the gun, it firing, and then pulling back again.

As enemy Falcon tanks flew into the sector, the engineer threw the switch for the final time. The gun shook with the energies it contained, and flew through the air, into the base itself.

Rainbow Dash cackled. “Victory!” she cried. “But I need you to modify it before Rarity gets here.”



Presently Rarity arrived. “I trust you have my cannon for me?” she asked.

“Yep!” Rainbow replied. “I hope she works well for you!”

“The fortress shall fall in no time at this rate,” Rarity smiled. “Good day!”

Rainbow laughed under her breath. “Idiot. Not to worry, I don’t need to worry about her. Not when the thing I came to this dump for appears anyway.”