• Published 30th Nov 2018
  • 245 Views, 1 Comments

MLP G5: Groger - aceotaku



Horseshoes and Razzle Dazzle make a new friend, and foreign creature visits the kingdom, hailing from a far off land.

  • ...
 1
 245

Chapter 3

Razzle Dazzle and Groger were taking a break from his lessons so she could introduce him to some of the other esteemed wizards of the Third Tower. They smiled respectfully and treated him with esteem, amazed at the existence of both an outsider and a non-unicorn sorcerer with a great level of power such as him. Groger nodded at their praise in affirmation.

Razzle smiled. She was enjoying the lessons Lord Groger had so far given ehr, and she was eager to learn his higher level skills as soon as possible. Her smield faltered as she thought of her Master, Hocus Pocus, and how slowly their lessons had been advancing. She was getting worried she wouldn't be prepared for when she was tested during the upcoming festival, but with what Groger had taught her, she was getting confident, but she still respected Hocus Pocus, the great Master of magic, who earned the title of Merlin and who has always been like a father to her. She wondered where he had gone, and how long he would be, and whether he would appreciate Master Groger assuming her studies in his absence.

As she was thinking and the other wizards were asking Groger about his magic, what spells he knew and who taught him, a brown earth pony with short blonde mane and tail ran in. Horseshoes grabbed Razzle's leg firmly, an urgent expression on her face. "Razz, you gotta come with!"

"W-what!?" Razzle Dazzle aked incredulously. "I'm in the middle of showing of foreign visitor around our community, Horseshoes!"

Horshoes snorted. "You can do whatever it is you're doing with that old geezer later! Lickety Split figured out a way to help those Flutterponies recover!"

"Who in the world is Lickety Split!?" Razzle cried out as her friend ran off, dragging her away.

"Such impertinence." One of the wizards declared derisively. "And such rudeness towards our guest at that!" The other wizards nodded in agreement.

Groger's gaze hardened. He overheard what the Earth Pony said. He didn't know what she was up to, but he couldn't take the risk that she was right and did find a way to heal his prisoners sooner than anticipated. It didn't make much difference anyway, whether he enacted his gambit ahead of time or not. One way or the other, these ponies would learn his motives and would fight him. Better he take charge and get them by surprise.

His horns glowed, ignoring the wizards around him. They were suddenly bound and gagged, their horns vanishing before their eyes as they were knocked unconscious by his invisible guards, who became visible once more and were changed to the same appearance as the Unicorns.

"We shall not wait any longer." Groger stated. "Get to work. Take out every Unicorn you find and destroy every spell book. Search everywhere. As for myself, I shall be speaking to their Union."

His henchmen nodded and he winked out, teleporting towards the Senate.

----------------------------

The six senate members (two unicorns, two pegasi and two earth ponies) sat at a large, round table, deliberating on matters. Green Acre and Minty Breath stood at attention, waiting for when the meeting was over so they could deliver any pertinent information to those that required the information.

They all turned as the front entrance doors were swung open by a very grim looking Groger, his four horns glowing slightly.

"I assume you are this Lord Groger that has been the talk of the city?" One of the pegasi senators said.

"What is the meaning of your intrusion?" A Unicorn senator replied gruffly. "We are in the middle of deliberating matters of state."

"Of course." Groger stated simply as he walked towards them. "The monthly food rations, the wizarding student curriculum, tallying the bank system, taxes and so forth and onwards. However, I have important matters of my own to discuss and due to...recent developments, I can no longer wait for when it is convenient for you." He snorted derisively.

"This is about the Flutterponies, isn't it?" Minty Breath said. "Why can't you wait for them to wake up so we can question them?"

"Mainly, because at least two ponies, a young Unicorn and an...Earth Pony, do you call them? Regardless, they have apparently found a method to awaken and heal the Flutterponies ahead of time. If this is true, I must demand that you detain them and hand them over to me beforehand."

"Why?" An Earth senator asked. "What are you hiding that we can't speak to these Flutterponies ourselves?"

Groger's eyes narrowed as some knights entered, weapons drawn. "Simple. They would tell you that I had attackedand captured them along with their fellows, leading to those two being the last of their kind."

The ponies gasped at how nonchalantly he stated this truth. "B-but why would you do that!?" The same earth pony senator demanded. "And why would you reveal that to us now!? Surely you knew how we would react to that!"

"Indeed I did." Groger continued, nonplussed. "Hence why I didn't reveal that truth to you. I did say they were my prisoners, and they are criminals. After all, is it not a crime to escape from one's justified imprisonment? As for why...well, I did say their freedom was dangerous to my life, did I not? I was NOT exaggerating, for without those Flutterponies, I cannot complete a certain potion that will grant me that which i crave, what I NEED: immortality. So, of course, I had to eliminate their race so that only I may achieve that lofty goal, and to avoid any reprisals on their part. I NEED those two to complete the potion!"

The senators and the knights stared at him, wide eyed. "You...YOU'RE INSANE!" An elderly unicorn senator cried out. "You...you admitted to committing near genocide...for a..an immortality elixir!? Have you any idea how insane, how callous, how STUPID that is!? Immortality is impossible!"

Groger glared, eyes narrowed. "Impossible or not, it must be done. I cannot rely on my subjects to extend my life any further. After all, without subjects to rule over, how would I be a king?"

"So, you manipulated us." Green Acre stated. "Tricked us into allowing you stay unmolested. But why suddenly reveal all this, even if you do feel threatened by a bunch of children who may not know what they're doing?"

"Only one was a child, and she was a Unicorn student. And, like all magicians, unicorns are arrogant and do not listen to other's opinions unless they respect that person or have otherwise reason to listen. So, even if the chances are slim, I would rather NOT take the risk. As for revealing my true intentions to you all, well, I have completed what I had set to do in 'befriending' you people in the first place: I have hostages, and I WILL harm them, unless you allow me to take the Flutterponies and leave without incident."

Green Acres had heard enough and charged at Groger, standing on two legs as he aimed the end of his halberd at the ram-goat sorcerer. Groger didn't even flinch as the weapon was thrust through his head and caused the illusion to be dispelled.

Green Acre stared at empty air where once stood a foreign enemy, and he turned to the side just as one of the senators grabbed him by the throat with sharp talons, changing back into the dominantly smirking form of Groger.

"Oh yes, I forgot to mention one of my hostages was one of your dear Union members." The ram-goat said as he looked up at the rest of the room. "And if you think about attempting some form of rescue mission, you should be aware that among the hostages are my own loyal men, who will harm the hostages if anything happens to me or if they see anyone else try to enter the towers." He smiled. "Now, why don't we all sit here and wait for my men to return here? They just need to stop off someplace to retrieve my 'lost property'."

--------------------------------

Razzle Dazzle stared up at the massive machine incredulously. "Are you SURE this will actually do what he said it will?"

Horseshoes shrugged. "Its better than waiting for however long it'd take normally. " She turned to look at Lickety Split, who was clad in a labcoat and goggles again, rubber shoes covering his hooves. "So, what does she need to do?"

The Pegasus grinned manically. "All she needs to do is inset her horn into ze hole on ze bottom of ze machine between ze patients and zen release a constant stream of magic into ze machine! Ze machine will do ze rest!"

Horseshoes blinked, trying to wrap her head around that outrageous accent and the odd structure of his sentence in general, while Razzle nodded and stood between the beds of the two Flutterponies, pushing her horn up to the base inside a port on the machine and started to pour magic into the machine, like water from a fountain.

The machine whirred and pumped and vibrated, a magical aura covering the Flutterponies and they groaned as their injuries slowly began to heal. Lickety Split watched in mad glee and a massive grin while Horseshoes stared in amazement.

They turned away as they heard a knock on the front door and walked over to answer it. Lickety Splity opened the door and looked at a donkey in a Jester's outfit and a heavily golden armoured ram standing in front a large contingent of similarly armoured rams and donkeys.

"Who are you people and what do you want?" Horseshoes asked, brow raised.

The golden armoured ram snorted. "We come on the orders of Lord Groger. We have come to take the Flutterponies into custody."

"But they have not fully healed yet!" Lickety Split pointed out. "It would be dangerous to take them away now!"

Heckler, the donkey jester, chuckled darkly. "Who said this is a request? We're taking them no matter what you say or do! Besides, who cares if they get hurt more? We don't really need them alive THAT badly."

The two ponies' eyes widened in horror. "W-what are you saying?" Horseshoes asked, horrified. "Th-they might be criminals but..."

"But Lord Groger needs them. And if you're in the way well..." Heckler chuckled loudly. "We'll just have to force the issue!"

Suddenly, the soldiers behind him charged in, attacking the two ponies. Lickety split flew high over them as Horseshoes got into her fighting stance, attacking them right back. Licket Split glided to the back of the hallway and pulled a panel off the wall, pressing a large button hidden underneath. "Hey Miss Horseshoes get out of the way!"

Horseshoes barely had time to duck as several turrets flipped from beneath the floor and the ceiling, blasting large metal balls at the soldiers knocking them away and out through the entrance, which had been reduced to massive hole thanks to the barrage.

Lickety grabbed Horshoes'hoof between his legs and pulled her outside. "We need to take this outside so the patients and Miss Dazzle aren't hurt!"

Horseshoes nodded and jumped out, knocking two soldiers onto the backs with a strong kick with both of her hindlegs. Most of the soldiers had been knocked down unconscious thanks to the earlier attack, leaving only a four stragglers and their two commanders.

Lickety looked at her in concern for the odds against them when he was suddenly knocked to the ground. He looked up at Heckler's grinning face, who had leapt upon him and now stood above him.

"Nuh-uh! You are not gonna be offering your friend any help, amigo!" The Jester stuck his tongue out and leapt away as the Pegasus trying to push him off. As Lickety tried to stand, he was struck by three bombs that heckler had thrown at him and collapsed in pain. He shakily got back up, glaring at the jester who danced and laughed mockingly, juggling seven balls at once with his hooves.

"Let's play a game!" Heckler mocked. "It's called 'Dodge'. If you dodge the bomb, you win! You don't dodge the bomb, you go kerblooey!"

Lickety dodged flew up; dodging a volley of bombs that heckler threw at him, keeping an eye on his opponent. Heckler chuckled and threw a bola that wrapped around the Pegasus' wings and sent him falling to the ground. Lickety glared, rolling to the side as the donkey threw three more bombs at him.

--------------------------------

At the same moment, Horseshoes was facing her own opponent, the golden armoured ram General, Julius.

He snorted derisively. "Move out of my sight, little girl, before I pummel you for your insolence."

She growled and got up and stood on her hind legs, her forelegs raised for combat. "I'm not a little girl, I'm almost 18! And I'm a future knight!"

Julius snorted again, his armour glowing, melting and merging together and covering his body from head to hoof, until he look like a ram made of pure solid gold. "My Lord has taught me some skills necessary for my station, you pest. Now, get out of our way!" He charged at her, knocking her to the ground with his hard, massive horns.

She growled, glaring at him, getting back up, her golden horseshoes clinking against the ground. She dusted herself off, snorting. "I don't know what your deal is or why your boss is so interested in those creatures, and I don't care. Right now, all that matters to me is beating the snot out of ya." She charged at him, dodging past another of his ramming charges.

-------------------------------------

Lickety was hit with another bomb blast, but this time the bomb didn't hit him directly. He was heavily bruised and he could barely stand and the Jester donkey laughed mockingly, dancing around him as he juggled more bombs. "Ready to throw in the towel, my little pony? I've still got plenty of bombs with your name on them!"

Lickety spat and panted. "Alright, I admit you are a very dangerous coward, but I have something that'll turn the tables!" He smirked, having been knocked against the wall of his house, pulling out a loose brick and pressing a button.

Heckler barely had enough time to quirk an eyebrow before he saw the roof of the house fly off its foundations and slam directly on top of him, knocking him out. Lickety smirked and collapsed, panting heavily, groaning softly in pain.

--------------------------------

Horseshoes was distracted by the roof falling on top of the Jester, allowing Julius to knock her into wall with a strong attack. The ram pawed the ground, snorting, preparing for another attack.

Horseshoes got up, spitting at the ground slamming her hooves together. The ram charged at her at a rapid pace but she grabbed at his horns, pushing him back with her hooves. His eyes widened slightly in surprise.

"I see you are stronger than you look."

Horsheshoes growled and with a struggling heave threw him to the ground, causing her to pant heavily. "Well I have been trained by the lieutenant himself, so that's a plus, but mainly it's just the fact I hate losing. Especially to arrogant jerks like you!"

Julius got up, his horns growing larger as his armoured body glowed and he charged again. Horseshoes grunt and slammed her hooves hard against his hooves, cause a loud ringing to reverberate and vibrate within the golden armour. Julius backed off as cracks appeared and grew in his armour. His eyes widened and his expression became one of shock as the cracks grew and lengthened until his golden shell fell apart, revealing his normal form underneath.

"N-no! N-not possible!" He wailed in disbelief. "That armour was enchanted by Lord Groger himself! It's impenetrable!"

Horseshoes struck him hard in the face, knocking him out and causing his body to collapse. "A real warrior doesn't just rely on some magical doodad to win a fight."

She panted heavily, wiping the sweat off her brow and turned to see the injured Pegasus lying on the ground.

"Oh man!" She exclaimed as she ran to the stallion in concern.

--------------------------------

Inside the house, Razzle Dazzle contuined to feed magic into the machine. She didn't know what was going on but from the sounds she could hear, it sounded like some form of battle was going on. She inwardly hoped her friends were alright. Suddenly, the machine began to make odd noses and so she backed away quickly in fright. She stared as the machine seemed to implode in itself, squashing into a useless metallic mess, revealing the form of Master Groger standing behind it, a large hole where the wall used to be.

"M-Master Groger!" Razzle shouted in surprise. "W-Whatever are you doing!?"

"Taking care of loose ends." The monarch stated smiply, stepping forward, his horns glowing. "As soon as I became aware of my minions' failure to subdue three little ponies, I decided to step in and take care of things myself."

She stared in disbelief. "B-but why!?"

"Immortality." He stated vaguely. "Thanks to my earlier actions I should have your precious council and your knights focused on a rescue effort, and my men should have evacuated this area by now, so now all that stands between me and my eternal reward are you three...no, make that two."

Razzle's horn glowed. "I-I don't understand what's going on...B-but I'm sure if we sat down and discussed everything..."

"Naive." He vanished before heer eyes.

"W-w-where did"

She had no time to respond before she felt a sharp pain in her side and she leapt away, gazing at the three large gashes along her side. She stared at Groger who lowered his claw slowly, advancing upon her slowly. "Let us end this farce."

Author's Note:

Ok all, how was that? Exciting no?

I'm sorry the battle scene was pretty short, I actually intended it to last a little longer but...I don't really know what to tell you, it's just how things happen.

My intention here was to show that Groger here is a bit of a chessmaster, not doing anything for no reason, only doing what will benefit him in the short or long term. I hope I have succeeded so far. I also wanted to show off his pragmatic side as well as demonstrate his level of power.

The way I see it is that he fights by exploiting obvious weaknesses or removing any advantages his enemies have. Wings? Tie them up, transmute them or remove entirely. Magic? Remove the users ability to cast or just render the unconscious. Dealing with large numbers? Preemptively take out anyone who is a major threat. If push comes to shive and the above fail? Get serious.

In case you can't tell, I fully expect this version of Groger to be able to take out the Mane Six in FIM when they're unprepared. Nothing short of the elements and Celestia could prove to be a match for him.

Hope you enjoyed this, and please comment!

(reminder that this was written in 2013, so only about the second or third season was really in my mind at that time)