• Published 30th Nov 2018
  • 245 Views, 1 Comments

MLP G5: Groger - aceotaku



Horseshoes and Razzle Dazzle make a new friend, and foreign creature visits the kingdom, hailing from a far off land.

  • ...
 1
 245

Chapter 1

In a far off land, an imposing castle stood. Within the castle, the king of the land sat on his throne, tapping his claws on the armrest irritably. The huge doors leading to the hallway swung open and two donkeys ran in.

"Lord Groger!" They cried out in shock and terror.

Groger gazed at them. "What is it? Where are the prisoners? You were supposed to bring them here."

They shook, growing more nervous, sweating heavily. "U-uh well, y'see, yer lordship, we unlocked the cell."

"Like you said!" The second donkey added.

"A-and we was leading them here."

"Like you said!"

"B-but then they told us, they told us they need a bathroom break and so we...uh..."

Groger's eyes narrowed, his claws digging into his armrests. "And you let them?"

"Yes, yer lordship."

"Did you, at least, keep guard over them as they...went about their business?"

The donkey's nodded, smiling wide. "Yes yer lordship! Stood right outside the door we did!"

Groger snorted, biting his lip angrily. "So you were not watching them directly..."

The two donkeys gasped in shock. "Of course not yer lordship! That would be rude!"

Groger glared. "You let them escape, didn't you!?"

"NO yer lordship! We didn't let them escape! We just stood outside and, realising they was taking too long, we asked to see how long they'll be, and when we got no answer, we knocked and when we still got no answer"

"They were gone weren't they!?" Groger shouted accusingly.

The two donkey's cowered in fright. "Y-y-yes yer lordship..."

Groger snorted. "Very well." He directed his attention to his vassals and knights who stood in the room around them. "You mules pay attention; for this is the price you pay for failing me as GRIEVOUSLY as these two nitwits have!" He got off his throne on all fours, walking over to the shaking donkeys as his four horns began to glow.

Their eyes widened and they raised their hooves. "No lordship please have mercy!"

"Mercy is for those who earn it."

It was over within seconds as their screams died and all that was left were their simple vests and armoured hats.

Groger turned to his men, his gray fur dishevelled and scruffy. "We need those prisoners! I cannot resort to this any longer! Gather every soldier and able bodied donkey and ram together and march with me! We must find those prisoners and complete the ritual or else!" His horns glowed with power. "Am I clear?"

The donkeys and rams nodded, gazing at the spot their comrades once stood.

"Good." Groger turned and walked off. "Fortunately, I left a charm on them in case this ever happened. No matter where they run, where they hide, we'll find them..."

-----------------------------------

Lickety Split, a local pegasus, flew around the city, doing his usual rounds of delivering mail, looking around nervously but urgently. He narrowed his eyes a little when he found a knight and flew quickly towards her.

Horshoes was walking down the street towards the local blacksmith to get a suit of armour cleaned up, polished and have any dents and damage fixed up. It was a bit awkward to carry and she lacked a carriage or a bag and it was pretty heavy regardless, so she had the bright idea to wear it. At the very least, it at least allowed her to pretend that she was a knight, rather than a mere trainee.

"Hey!"

She froze and looked upwards, relaxing upon seeing it was just one of the pegasi mail deliverers. The Pegasus, a black stallion with a blue mane landed, while not graceful or showy, safely on his hooves. She frowned upon seeing his distress.

"What's wrong?"

He bit his lip. "Ok, there are some ponies, well I think they're ponies, I'm not too sure but...well...anyway I need you come with me right away!"

She shrugged and nodded, trying to hide her excitement at someone coming to her for what seemed to be knight business. "Lead the way!"

He flew quickly and she dashed after him and they came upon a house. He opened the door for her as they both walked in.

"Pretty small place you got." She noted.

"Well, I don't really live with my family and I don't really have too many friends coming over..."

She nodded in understanding. "So, what's up? I mean, what's got you so agitated?"

He trotted towards a room and she followed, and she could see it must be his bedroom. She stared at the two...creatures in his bed.

They appeared to be ponies in shape, their coats bright green, but she could see that they had weird stick-like things growing out of their heads, four closed eyes and, most striking of all, large, beautiful wings shaped like a butterfly's. They were bruised and covered in dirt, their hooves, most of all and they were unconscious.

"What are they?" She asked.

"I don't know." He frowned at them in concern. "I was doing some early morning deliveries when i saw these two just outside the border. It was difficult getting them in here, and maybe I should've just let them be, but when i saw what a mess they were and their injuries...well...I had to find some way of helping...so I brought you along."

She lookd carefully and saw their wings were slightly torn. "Hmm I guess you can sympathise... I'll need to inform the my bro about this."

"Your brother?"

"Green Acres."

His eyes widened in surprise. "Y-Your brother is the Lieutenant!?"

"Well not really...its...kinda a long story...just come with me. You know more about this than me and they'll need the witness anyway. These two should be fine on their...anyway, we'll need to get a doctor regardless."

He nodded and she walked and he flew, moving quickly towards the barracks of the knights.

---------------------------------

Razzle was reading a book on magic theory when she heard someone walk in. She looked up to see one of the knights.

"Where is your master?" He asked her.

"He has some errands to run, why do you need him?"

He looked away nervously. "Well, I shouldn't be telling you this but...there seem to be two injured creatures...but, the doctor isn't really familiar with them so we figured a unicorn could help...you guys are the big scholars after all..."

"Well, I've read some of master's texts; perhaps I could have a look in his place?"

He grimaced nervously. "I dunno...you're still pretty young and all..."

"Hey! I am Master Merlin's pupil; I think that should give you enough reason for me to at least try!"

He sighed. "Alright...Come along..."

----------------------------------------------------

Ponies stared at an unfamiliar sight, as a strange creature strode imperiously from the east, a firm frown on its face, flanked from behind by groups of two other kinds of unusual creatures. They didn't seem to be the usual monsters that would wonder in and they walked just like a pony, so the civilians were very confused.

Groger was mildly curious as his lieutenants, a Ram General named Julius and a donkey jester named Heckler, walked beside him.

"These creatures..." Julius gazed warily. "What are they? I thought this place was barren wasteland..."

"Two hundred years ago, it was." Groger commented. "Somehow...ponies survived..."

Heckler looked at him. "Ponies!? L-like...like unicorns!?"

Groger smirked. "Exactly."

-----------------------------------------

Razzle Dazzle had been escorted to Lickety Split's house and lead to where the two unconscious...ponies were resting. Lickety and Horseshoes stood at one side as a small squad of knight's, including Green Acres, stood warily, protectively.

She gulped and inspected the two creatures carefully as Green Acres stood behind her and the resident medical doctor beside her. "What can you tell us?" Green Acres asked her. "What are they?"

Razzle looked away from him, biting her lip, trying to hide her nervousness and insecurity. "Uh, well...I-I can't really tell...I-I have read master's books but not all of them admittedly...A-And well..."

"Just spit it out Razz!" Horseshoes snapped in exasperation.

Razzle clenched her eyes tight and looked down to the ground. "I...I have no idea what they are...I'm sorry...I can't help you or your investigation..." Tears fell from her eyes.

Just as Green Acre was about to speak, a deep voice spoke loudly so they could all hear.

"They are Flutterponies, a rare and unusual species similar to your own but as you can see, they have their differences."

They all turned to see who had spoken. Curiously, it appeared to be a creature with the body of sheep or ram and the head of a goat with red eyes and sharp fangs, his front legs had instead of hooves blue scales and three sharp claws each; out of his head grew four horns, two that twisted and curved downwards beside his face and two that rose up slightly straighter but with a slight curve still. He bowed politely but quickly.

"Who are you, what are you, and what brings you to our city?" Green Acres demanded, eyeing the new being warily.

Groger strode in slowly, flanked by a small group of armoured rams. "I am Groger, ruler of a kingdom quite some distance from your city; that is all that matters. I came because of those Flutterponies that seems to have taken your interest."

"Impossible, no other kingdom exists beyond the border!" Razzle called out, eyes wide in shock at the impossibility.

"And I was under the impression your race died out hundreds of years ago." Groger countered. "What we know and what is truth are two entirely different things."

"How do you know so much about these...Flutterponies?" Green Acres continued. "What are they to you?"

Groger's features grew grim. "The Flutterponies are my prisoners, they recently escaped from my dungeons and I followed them to your city. They are dangerous criminals, and I simply wish to have them serve their sentence."

They all gasped in shock at this development.

Groger smiled as he continued. "I wish to speak to your leaders, or whatever is their closest representatives, and work towards a negotiation regarding the fate of these escaped criminals. I am sure you must have a great many questions for me."

Author's Note:

I have been wanting to do this episode for a good while. I shan't say anymore or else spoil any further developments.

I continue to encourage anyone who likes this series to please make episodes of their own, perhaps focusing on other aspects of the characters or their lives, or even other characters entirely. After all, it would certainly help flesh everything out. And please, share it with anyone else who may be interested in this universe.

Also, don't forget to comment/review and I hope you all enjoyed this.