• Published 1st Dec 2018
  • 996 Views, 32 Comments

Twilight or Moondancer? - Discord The Narrator



Twilight disguises herself as Moondancer, but it's not just a disguise...

  • ...
3
 32
 996

Curious disguise

Twilight Sparkle was spending the day at her home. Her newest challenge was to transform into a pony she hadn't seen in a long time: Moondancer.

"Well, it will be odd, because it's been so long since last time I saw her, but it's worth the try." Twilight said.

In fact, she already got a mirror, a brush for her mane, a few paint buckets with a paint brush, a pair of glasses, a chest with clothes, a pair of dark purple lens and some hairpins. The colors for the body and the mane were, respectively, light yellowish gray for the body and brilliant amarant, moderate purple and grayish violet.

"This shouldn't be too difficult, I guess..." Twilight wondered, as she got to the center of Golden Oak Library, in front of the mirror, and looked at herself.

"One thing I remember is that we had the same manestyle, but I think she changed it. Let's see..." Twilight said, as her magic levitated the chest, the pair of glasses, the lens and the hairpins, leaving the last two for later.

Opening some of the buckets, she painted her mane and tail with the amarant, purple and violet colors she had gathered.

"Heh, this is going to look fun." Twilight giggled as she continued with the process.

Looking amidst the clothes inside the chest, she got a black buttoned sweater, which she left on a chair. After that, she got the hairbrush and combed her mane until it stayed up, finally putting the hairpins on it. After that, her mane looked exactly like Moondancer's.

"The disguise is half complete! Although I feel strange..." Twilight thought, but she decided to complete the task, no matter what. "Anyways, now comes the body!"

Opening the light yellowish gray bucket, she submerged the paint brush in it, covering it in paint and moving it across her body. As she was a bit ticklish, she giggled as the brush continued painting her body.

A few minutes later, every inch of her body was covered in paint. After using a spell for making the paint dry fast, Twilight got the black buttoned sweater and put it on as she looked at the mirror.

"Hmmm... It feels empty..." Twilight wondered, seeing her body. Just then, she realized. "Of course! The Cutie Mark!"

Twilight had forgotten to paint Moondancer's Cutie Mark (which, by the way, consists in a crescent moon surrounded by three stars), but she did that in no time, levitating the brush beside her. She painted the Cutie Mark on her flanks, making sure it was equal to the original.

When she finished, she felt a bit dizzy. Maybe the painting had some sort of chemical element that wasn't exactly good for her? Nah, Twilight always inspected the buckets before using the painting.

There was the possibility that it was also cursed. Really? Twilight made some scans with a few spells, and so far nothing happened with the painting.

Then, why was she feeling strange?

She shook her head as she tried to think about anything else, like completing the disguise.

"Oh, my eyes! Where did I put the lens?" Twilight asked, looking around until she saw them. She levitated the pair of lens and got them in her eyes. That way, her moderate violet eyes now were sporting a dark purple.

Finally, Twilight got the pair of glasses she had, and put them on her. Staring at the mirror, she saw the former Twilight, now transformed into Moondancer.

And then, for the finishing touch, Twilight closed her eyes as she concentrated for a while, her magic aura surrounding her horn...

...until it changed its color, resembling Moondancer's.

"Yes! It's complete!" Twilight cheered.

Just then, the floor cracked below her hooves, breaking and leaving Twilight to fall down, screaming...

A few seconds later, she collapsed against the floor. She had to use her horn for getting some light, because everything was dark inside the chamber she was in.

"Ok, where the hay am I?" Twilight asked, instantly noticing something odd on her voice. "Wait, did my voice really turn into Moondancer's?"

Surpassing the surprise, she stood up and went to a door she saw. Opening it, she went to the other side of said door, finding that she was... at Canterlot Library of Magic.

"I can't believe it! What happened?" Twilight asked as she walked around the shelves. "Well, I guess I could... get a book and read it or something."

Sitting on a chair, she opened a book about adventures, and started reading it. It sure was a cool book, due to the fact that she was enjoying the reading.

Soon, Twilight had to stop reading because somepony interrupted her time.

"How's it going, Moondancer?" A familiar voice asked. Twilight looked at the pony, and it was herself!

"What!? How... uh... wha..." Twilight tried to speak, but she was marveled. Not only she had appeared at Canterlot Library, she also found her other self!

"Is everything ok?" Twilight asked, a bit concerned.

"Um... Sorry, everything is fine! I was just... concentrated on this book!" the real Twilight answered, pointing at the book.

"Oh, Daring Do! That's a nice choice. I could tell you where the rest of the saga is." Twilight said with a smile on her face.

"Heh, that's a nice detail. Although I... have a lot of questions." Twilight said.

"About the book or about everything?" Twilight asked.

"A-About everything! Including the book." Twilight replied.

Twilight giggled. "Don't worry, Moondancer, I'll try to answer them as best as I can."

"Thank you so much." Twilight said.

"You're welcome!" Twilight said, sitting on another chair. "Oh, and I have my own question: could you do one small thing?"

"Huh? Well, I think I could try. What is it?" Twilight asked.

"Something easy. You just have to wake up..." Twilight answered, that last sentence having an effect on the real Twilight.


Twilight woke up suddenly. She noticed she was on her bed, inside Golden Oak Library. Night was still present.

"Sweet Celestia... Was everything a nightmare?" Twilight said, rubbing her eyes.

Indeed, everything had been just a nightmare. Well, not exactly a nightmare, but anyways.

"Well, I should try to sleep more. I'll need to be fresh for tomorrow so I can go with my friends." Twilight said, yawning.

Settling on her bed, Twilight closed her eyes and resumed her sleeping.


The End

Comments ( 30 )

Instant Thumbs Up and Instant Favorite from me Best Friend <3 :heart:

9323338
Heh, thanks!

What do you think about the things that happen on the story?

9323344
Your welcome <3 :heart:

As Rainbow Dash herself would say: Awesome! <3


btw:

the and the hairpins,

You might have forgotten to put the word Lens there, Best Friend ^^; :twilightsheepish:

9323362
Your Welcome =3

Your welcome again X3 I managed to spot that before Zapper Frost even noticed X3

Comment posted by fanreader999999 deleted Dec 2nd, 2018
Comment posted by Discord The Narrator deleted Dec 2nd, 2018

this was a cute read I like it

9323411
Thank you for writing it

Odd, but amusing. Nicely done.

Another work of genius from your mighty pen. Here's an immediate upvote and a favourite.

Though, is there any particular reason so many of your stories are exactly 1,067 words?

9324074
Huh, I don't know.:twilightsheepish:

This story has 1,067 words, and a few others have almost the same. Maybe Discord likes that number?:yay:

could make another end, in which she wakes up, more now and a moondancer filly, and wonder if everything that happened hi a dream, then she travels to pony-ville, and happens to be the summer celebration and she assumes the place of twilight, in pony-vile and in history
Oh my God ... I just started the moondancer verse

ps. Sorry for bad english, online translator.

"One thing I remember is that we had the same manestyle, but I think she changed it. Let's see..." Twilight said, as her magic levitated the chest, the pair of glasses, the lens and the hairpins, leaving the last two for later.

Oh yeah, other than the color differences, you and Moonie were practical replica's of each other:rainbowlaugh:!!! Not only that, she was a reminder of who you used be Twi:ajsmug:.

When she finished, she felt a bit dizzy. Maybe the painting had some sort of chemical element that wasn't exactly good for her? Nah, Twilight always inspected the buckets before using the painting.

There was the possibility that it was also cursed. Really? Twilight made some scans with a few spells, and so far nothing happened with the painting.

Then, why was she feeling strange?

Uh-oh..she's turning into Moonie:rainbowderp:!!!

"Yes! It's complete!" Twilight cheered.

Well she seems to be taking it well:derpytongue2:!

"How's it going, Moondancer?" A familiar voice asked. Twilight looked at the pony, and it was herself!

"What!? How... uh... wha..." Twilight tried to speak, but she was marveled. Not only she had appeared at Canterlot Library, she also found her other self!

"Is everything ok?" Twilight asked, a bit concerned.

"Um... Sorry, everything is fine! I was just... concentrated on this book!" the real Twilight answered, pointing at the book.

Nice save Twi:ajsmug:.

"About the book or about everything?" Twilight asked.

"A-About everything! Including the book." Twilight replied.

Twilight giggled. "Don't worry, Moondancer, I'll try to answer them as best as I can."

"Thank you so much." Twilight said.

"You're welcome!" Twilight said, sitting on another chair. "Oh, and I have my own question: could you do one small thing?"

"Huh? Well, I think I could try. What is it?" Twilight asked.

"Something easy. You just have to wake up..." Twilight answered, that last sentence having an effect on the real Twilight.

Wait...what:rainbowderp:?

Twilight woke up suddenly. She noticed she was on her bed, inside Golden Oak Library. Night was still present.

"Sweet Celestia... Was everything a nightmare?" Twilight said, rubbing her eyes.

I don't think so:unsuresweetie:.

"Well, I should try to sleep more. I'll need to be fresh for tomorrow so I can go with my friends." Twilight said, yawning.

Boy, will she have a story to tell them:rainbowlaugh:!!!

9922249
I think so. The dreams can influence the thoughts sometimes.

Also, glad you like the story.:twilightsmile:

Well that was weird

Login or register to comment