• Published 28th Nov 2018
  • 294 Views, 6 Comments

Memories - CottonMiller

  • ...
 6
 294

Chapter 8: Adagio and Consense

Consense blushed nervously as Pinkie Pie brought her coffee and vanilla cupcake with strawberry icing.

“Thanks, Pinkie,” Connie thanked.

Pinkie smiled widely at her, “It’s no problem!” She hopped her way back to the counter.

Connie was about to drink the coffee until someone caught her eye in the booth in front of her. It was Adagio. She had a book in front of her, a cup of coffee on her side and a croissant on the other. Connie began to blush at the sight of her. Her secret crush on Adagio has been recurring for 4 months now.

She didn’t have school today. Maybe she could small talk with Adagio this morning if she was cool with it. She raised her hand slightly and waved it, trying to get Adagio’s attention. Nothing.

“Adagio,” Connie quietly called, making Adagio look up from her book to look at Connie. Once Adagio saw her, she gave a soft smile and waved back. She then scooted over and patted the seat next to her, making Connie blush more.

Come on, Connie. This is it! Go talk to her! You’ve done it before. Millions of times. What could go wrong?’, Connie said as she walked over to Adagio sat next to her.

“Hello, Connie,” Adagio greeted calmly.

“Morning, Adagio. What are you doing here?” Connie greeted back, a hint of nervousness in her voice.

“I should be asking you the same thing,” Adagio teased. She picked up her coffee and took a long sip while looking a Connie with a flirtatious look. She blushed heavily at this, “I’m messing with you. I just needed to get away from those two idiots once in a while,” Connie raised an eyebrow, “I mean, Aria and Sonata. They argue all morning and I just need to get out and have some peace. You don’t know what it’s like,” Adagio said as her eye glanced down at her book.

“Actually. I do,” Adagio looked up from her book and looked at Connie with a slightly surprised look, “Combob and Niss are friends and all. But they argue almost all the time. It’s hard to live with them when they do that sometimes. Combob even punched Niss in the arm once,”

Adagio’s eyes widened, “Oh, my. But don’t those two get along sometimes? They make jokes about me and everything, anyway,” Adagio rolled her eyes and looked back at her book.

Consense looked at her with a frown, “What are they saying?” Connie asked as she scooted closer to Adagio.

She sighed and looked back up at Connie, “They’re always saying things about my hair, voice, about how I look, how I dress… about you and me…” Adagio explained sadly but blushed when she said the last part, so did Connie.

“I’m sorry, Adagio. I… I don’t know why,” Connie lied. She knew exactly why. Niss and Combob are so protective of her love life. They knew Connie liked Adagio. They’re trying to push Adagio away from Connie, scared that because Adagio was evil, that she would turn out just Gella. That and they might just like making fun of her.

“No, it’s okay, Connie. People make fun of me all the time at school. Niss and Combob are no different. So why should I care?” Adagio assured calmly, trying to read her book. She froze as she felt warmth on the side of her body. She looked to her side to Connie cuddled up to her.

Consense blushed and giggled at Adagio’s blushing face, “I know how to feels. I get bullied too. Alot. For years now really,” She admitted, her smile turning into frown and looked down at her feet sadly.

“Why?”

Connie looked back up at the older siren and shrugged her shoulders weakly, “They just do…”

Adagio frowned and gave her a little side hug, which Connie returned gladly. The two just sat there, eating their food, drinking their coffee and cuddling each other until their orders were gone. Soon, Adagio asked Connie if she could walk her home, which she said yes to.

“Thanks for taking me home,” Connie said as they reached the door of the apartment.

“You’re very welcome, Connie,” Adagio smiled a bit. (Something that she hadn’t done for years)

“W-Well, I gotta go. Bye,” Connie said as she began to reach for the--

“Wait!”

Connie stopped in her tracks and looked back at her crush, “Yes, Adagio?” She asked, a warm look in her eyes that always made Adagio's heart flutter.

Adagio blushed more, “I was wondering,” She took a deep inhale and exhale, ‘Come on, Adagio! You're the leader of The Dazzlings and a fearless leader! So why is Consense… scaring you?’ Adagio thought. Why was Consense scaring her?

She was Adagio Dazzle: The leader of The Dazzlings, Adagio wasn't scared of anything! She got defeated twice and she still kept her dignity.

Consense was just a normal, sweet, gentle-natured siren. She wouldn't hurt a fly. Literally. She loved every single living thing on this strange little world and it was amazing how she saw the beauty in every plant, insect, animal, human and even siren. Which was probably some of the reasons Adagio liked her. So why was telling Connie this so scary for her?

It was just one question. One simple question that she was some reason so scared to ask her. She really wanted to ask her. She did! But the thought of telling her, was scaring her. Terribly.

Now that she thought about it, she was coming up with a realization she would never thought would happen to her in years. Sure, Adagio does flirt with some people, but that's only to get more magic for her pendent. But whenever she flirts with Connie, she, somehow. really means the words she says. Whenever she saw Connie, she felt different. She wasn't like any girl or siren Adagio has met. She was beautiful, sweet, smart, funny, adorable, caring. When Connie smiles at her, she blushes. When she looks at her, her heart feels like it'll beat out of her chest. When Connie cuddles her, or hugs her, or even touches her, she wishes the moment will last forever. She feels like Connie is the only who understands her. Who gets her. Who actually cares about her. Who actually wanted to be her friend despite her having such a horrible and evil past. Was she actually falling in love? With a girl?

Adagio has had some relationships in the past, but never with a girl. She didn't even know if Connie even liked girls that way. This was all so new to her. She never remembered what love felt like in about a thousand years. And since Connie is immortality instead of mortal, she and Adagio would be perfect for each other. All she needed to do was ASK. THAT. ONE QUESTION. Adagio blushed at the realization. She wasn't scared of Connie.

She was scared of rejection.

“ADAGIO!” Adagio was snapped out of her thoughts and looked at a very worried looking Connie, “Adagio? You okay? You looked like you were thinking of something,”

“Yeah! I'm okay! Don't worry!” Adagio smiled a bit.

“What were you gonna say?”

Adagio's heart pounded in her chest. She took a deep breath again but not before she signaled Connie to come closer with alluring finger. Connie blushed and obeyed Adagio, walking over to as Adagio grabbed Connie's hand softly.

“C-Connie. As I was saying… You do know prom is coming, right?” Adagio said quietly, which Connie nodded to, “Well, I was wondering if you… If you… like to… be my date?”

Connie's face glowed a sudden red as she heard what Adagio said. Adagio wanted her to be her prom date?

“Adagio, I--”

“IT'S OKAY IF YOU DON'T WANT TO! IT'S JUST A SUGGESTION!” Adagio quickly added, ‘You fucking idiot. You should've just waited for her answer! Nice going! I thought you weren't a coward!’ Adagio thought, her face heating up with embarrassment.

Silence.

All you could hear are the birds chirping, cars driving by and soft breathing of a very flattered Connie as the two of them stared into each other’s eyes, not saying anything.

“Look, Connie. If you just wanna stay friends, that's okay. I totally understand if-- HMPH!”

Adagio was cut off by a pair of lips smashing into hers. They were Connie's. Before Adagio could react, Connie pulled away with a large blush on her face.

“I'd love to~ Pick me up at 6~ Kay~?” Adagio smiled and nodded, “Does this mean you're my girlfriend now?”

“Maybe. But not after our first date. This'll be our first date. I promise,” Adagio said warmly as she stared into her chocolate brown eyes and held her in her arms, never wanting to let go of the one who finally adored her.