• Published 3rd Dec 2018
  • 2,947 Views, 56 Comments

Not Our Sunset - YellowHornBrony



I'm Sunset Shimmer, and I've just moved in with my newfound biological mother. And now I must deal with six girls, five annoying, one adorable.

  • ...
13
 56
 2,947

Epilogue

Epilogue

I walked up to my front door, nervously, I was afraid she was still mad. I took a deep breath before opening the door. I stepped in quietly. The kitchen was empty. I stepped into the living room. My mother was sitting on the couch with my Aunt Luna. She was bawling her eyes out. I’m such an idiot.

“M-mom?” I spoke up. She looked up, and everything broke down. I rushed her, and she pulled me into her arms.

“Oh my god, S-Sunset,” She cried out, “Don’t ever leave me again. I’m so sorry. I shouldn’t ha-”

“Mom,” I let her go, “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have acted the way I did, and I don’t blame you for how you left. I mean, I do, but I forgive you, because you’re here now and that’s what matters. Thank you for everything you’ve done ever since I moved here. I love you, mom, and I’m sorry.”

“I love you so much, Sunset,” She pulled me back into a hug and we stayed there for a good while. FInally, everything was perfect. I had my mom, Twilight and my friends, and that’s all I need.

Bring! I pulled out my phone. I had gotten a text from Twi.

Twilight: Sunset’s back. And she’s at my house! Hurry here! Now! Sent 6:00 A.M.

"Shit," I muttered.

Author's Note:

Thank you to everyone who stayed for the ride. It wasn’t the best, it was a little bumpy at certain points, but I’m happy everyone came along. Thank you all.

-YellowHornBrony-

Comments ( 12 )

So I guess there's a sequel in the mix.

I hate to say it. But this story feels very rushed, the last two chapters and this ending are bad.

Sunset forgiving her mother so easily i'm s sorry but Celesta has not done a dam thing to prove she be there for her.

you wrote she only took her in after her father was arrested, and after she abandoned her, so this ending i just not going to take seriously at all.

9839307
I'd have to agree with you. I had stopped writing for most of the summer and lost my groove with this story, and ultimately rushed the ending like I had to finish a season with a twelve minute episode. Or six episodes. Game of Thrones. But to better explain it. Sunset stills blames Celestia, but what i've learned in life is it doesn't matter what happened in the past. Celestia totally could've just ditched her in an orphanage, but she changed. She took her in. It follows the way my mother raised me, Don't forget the past, but forgive it.

I want to be honest. I liked the beginning but when I got to the middle up to the end, I was like "what happened?" I hope the sequel will be awesome cause I'm a human sunset shimmer fan even if she is not canon lolz

This’ll be huge!

So this is the end end or are you going to keep going?

Interesting story. Though I have criticisms. The chapters felt rushed with one thing after the other without a real sense of progression. From the romance to Celestia and Sunset's relationship. Though I find that Sunset here as a character is interesting so that's a selling point.

Rush and dropped ball.

Yes, because punching a demon that can easily fly out of the way makes sense. Yeesh, that was very rushed and sort of ruined my experience of the story. Let's hope the sequel makes it up for it.

The ending was rushed , you had really good potential but there's no way and no reason celestia and sunsets relationship was fixed in one damn chapter. Otherwise, apart from the blatant rushing id say its good.

9839346
I kinda disagree with you there, if you finished this with multiple chapters of celestia or sunset development, or just make a separate sequel with celestias redemption arc I see no point, rhyme or reason why celestia was forgiven so easily. She never visited, plus she only came to sunset when she literally had no other place to go. I would not consider that as changed at all chief. Especially when you come out of the blue with yelling, scolding and hitting your child that you neglected for a vast majority of her life. Personally , I wouldn't even bother calling her any variation of mother, nor would I give a damn about what she has to say.

Login or register to comment