• Published 3rd Dec 2018
  • 2,944 Views, 56 Comments

Not Our Sunset - YellowHornBrony



I'm Sunset Shimmer, and I've just moved in with my newfound biological mother. And now I must deal with six girls, five annoying, one adorable.

  • ...
13
 56
 2,944

Bland Practice

“So here’s the plan,” Twi said, “If we can power it with just enough friendship and electricity we should be able to power the machine. Either that or explode and kill us all.”

“Fantastic,” I said, sarcastically, “So not only are we opening a portal across dimensions, we could die in the process!”

“We’ve faced worse,” Rainbow smirked, “Plus we have three girls who understand this now.”

“So we’re putting our lives on the line,” I smirked, “Alright Cutie Twi, work your magic.”

Shit, “What did you call me?”

“N-nothing!” I blushed, “Let’s just do this.”

“Hold on!” Pinkie said, “I think my hi-hat is set to snare.”

She gave it a light tap, and it wasn’t. It sounded exactly like a hi-hat. Why did she buy the electric kit?

“C’mon Pinkie!” Rainbow moaned.

“It’s a new electric set,” Pinkie gave Rainbow her “meanie-pants” face, “What did you think was gonna happen? I was going to be used to it right away?”

“Y’know,” Adagio said, “I’m getting tired of this, can we just play? I’m getting bored.”

“Shut the fuck up!” Twi snapped, “All of you! Stop it!”

“FIne!” Rainbow raised her pick, “One, two, three!”

We've just got the day to get ready

And there's only so much time to lose

Because tonight,

Yeah, we're here to party

So let's think of something fun to do

We don't know

What's gonna happen

We just know

It's gonna feel right

All our friends are here

And it's time to ignite the lights!

Shake your tail

'Cause we're here to have a party tonight

Shake your tail,

Shake your tail

Shake your tail

'Cause we're here to have a party tonight

Shake your tail,

Shake your tail

So what you didn't get it right the first time

Laugh it off,

No one said it is a crime

Do your thing,

You know you're an original

Your ideas are so funny that they're criminal

Ohhh-ahh!

We've just got the day to get ready

And there's only so much time to lose

Because tonight,

Yeah, we're here to party

So let's think of something fun to do

We don't know

What's gonna happen

We just know

it's gonna feel right

All our friends are here

And it's time to ignite the lights!

Shake your tail

'Cause we're here to have a party tonight

Shake your tail,

Shake your tail

Shake your tail

'Cause we're here to have a party tonight

Shake your tail,

Shake your tail

Shake your tail

'Cause we're here to have a party tonight

Shake your tail,

Shake your tail

Shake your tail

'Cause we're here to have a party tonight

Shake your tail,

Shake your tail

Shake your tail

'Cause we're here to have a party tonight!

The gems and Twi’s bag both glowed, but only for a sec.

“It kinda worked!” She ran over to her bag and pulled out a weird book.

“Sunset wrote back!” She jumped, “It reads:

Dear girls,

I’m happy to announce that I’m getting married. I know you probably won’t ever see this, but me and Princess Twilight are getting married. I’m happier than ever before and so is she. If you do see this, then write me back. Oh, and if you can re-open the portal, don’t. I feel as i the portal closed for a reason. Maybe our world’s aren’t meant to be connected. Oh, and before I go, thank you all. Maybe one day the portal will reopen itself. You’re all the best friends I could have ever asked for.

Goodbye,
Sunset Shimmer.”

“That’s it?!” Rainbow punched a wall, ‘That’s all we could fucking get!”

Twilight fell to her knees. I could see tears dripping down her face as she did. I dropped down with her to try and comfort her.

“You okay?” I asked.

“M-married… N-No portal… Why?” She cried. I put my arm over her as she cried. Something told me I needed to comfort her.

“Hey, Twi,” I grabbed her by the chin and looked in her eyes, “I haven’t known you guys for more than a day, and already I trust you more than anyone. I spent my entire life never trusting anyone. Not even my three best friends, and I think this is the closest I’ve ever had to a proper family. The closest I’ve ever had to a normal life.”

“Go away!” She cried, pushing me away. But I came back to her.

“I’m here for you,” I told her, “So tell me what hurts you so bad.”

“Before she left I was finally going to ask her out,” Sh told me, “But then she left, and now she’s getting married to a princess.”

“Hey,” Sunset said, “I used to believe that no matter what anyone says, do what you want. So why don’t we get up and jam out until that portal opens right in front of our very own eyes!”

She looked at me and smiled, “Thank you Sunset, but I think that’s enough for today. You should all get home and go to bed.”

“Alright then,” I said, “I’ll see you this weekend, I’m gonna spend some time with my mom.”

“Bye Sunset!” They waved. I smiled and walked off. I had found friends. Or well, they found me.

Author's Note:

So I got just a little lazy and copied lyrics. I was tired when I wrote this about two-three months ago. So anyways, tune in next week for the next chapter!
-YellowHornBrony-