• Published 3rd Dec 2018
  • 2,947 Views, 56 Comments

Not Our Sunset - YellowHornBrony



I'm Sunset Shimmer, and I've just moved in with my newfound biological mother. And now I must deal with six girls, five annoying, one adorable.

  • ...
13
 56
 2,947

An Eventful Afternoon

“So, wait you were serious?!” I was dumbfounded by the video they had shown me. It had them literally growing wings and using magic!

“Now, now sugarcube,” Applejack put her hands up, “Ain’ no reason to freak out. Ah mean, look at us six. We’ve each fought our own villian. But that don’ mean you gotta fight one.”

“Ain’t no reason to freak out?!” I was freaking out, “Literal fucking magic! Are you insane! You don’t know how groundbreaking this could be!”

“And no one can know,” Rainbow stepped in, “If anybody from out of CHS finds out, we’ll have government agents all over!”

“The school will get shut down!” Rarity told me, “And we can’t have that. Especially if we get the portal fixed because then we’ll have the government invading Equestria.”

“Just, please,” Twilight put her hand on my shoulder, “We want our friend back. We want Sunset back.”

“I don’t care about your Sunset!” I smacked her hand off, “I don’t need some doppelganger going around this school! I just wanna live a normal life!”

“Just ple-” I shoved her to the ground, running off. I didn’t need nor want this. God damn, why did my stupid mother have to be alive! Why couldn’t she have been dead like my dad said. This neve would’ve happened if my dad hadn’t ommited those stupid crimes!

“Hey!” A cracky female voice yelled.

“What do you want, Rainbow Dash?” I asked, turning to her.She was clearly angry about me pushing Twilight over.

“Listen,” She grabbed me by the nek of my shirt, “I don’t like you at all. Especially after that, but we need you.Our best friend is gone, can you please help us?”

She let my shirt go and looked at me in the eyes. Her friends appeared behind, all except Twilight and Rarity.

“I-is she okay?” I asked them.

Applejacked stared at me dead in the eyes and said, “Migh’ jus’ be a minor cuncussion, sugarcube. Ah’m sure she’ll be fine. Rarity took her to the nurse. But you on the other hand need to tell us whether or not ya wanna help us.”

“Listen,” I looked at them, “I never wanted to move to Canterlot City. I was fine in Manhattan until my dad was arrested. Now I’ll never see him again. But if it’ll get you six off my back then I’ll hel-”

“SUNSET SHIMMER TO MY OFFICE NOW!” My mother’s voice rang across the entire school.

“Ya might wanna go, sugarcube,” Applejack put her hand on my shoulder, “I’d hate to make her angry.”

“Too late for that” looked down at the ground before walking off. Her office wasn’t too far from the cafeteria, but since I didn’t really know my way around the school, it took me a bit. I stopped in front of her office before opening the door and walking in. She was sitting there, in an unamused position.

“First day and already in my office,” She spoke up, “Sit down, we need to talk.”

“I know I screwed up,” I looked down at my feet, “And honestly, I don’t care.”

“What?” She looked at me with a fierce intensity in her eyes, “So you shove down a student and feel no remorse? I’ll have you know that her parents could sue me and the school in an instant! Her brother is a cop and could be on you in seconds, and you still feel no remorse?”

“Nope!” I took and defiant step forward, “And you know why? Because where I grew up, no one cared! So why should I? That’s how I was raised, and that’s how it’ll always be! So why don’t you sit the fuck down and leave me alone! You think I wanted to move here?! No! So fuck off you dumb bitch! You left me with my shitty dad in Manhattan to pursue a career in education!”

“Sunset, I-” I ran off before she could continue. I stopped and sat against a wall, tearing up. I noticed someone sitting down next to me.

“Hey” It was Twilight.

“What do you want?” I asked.

“I want to know what’s wrong,” She lifted my chin, looking into my eyes, “C’mon Sunset, I’m great at listening.”

“J-just go,” I put my head back into my knees, “It’s not important.”

“Tell me Sunset,” She picked my chin up again, “I kinda feel like a jerk for making you feel like we were using you in the first place. We should’ve phrased it more clearly. We want to get to know you and become friends, but we also want to see the Sunset Shimmer from the other world.”

“R-really?” She nodded, “You’re the first person that has ever cared in my life. Thank you.”

“Of course,” She smiled, “Now mind telling me what’s wrong?”

“My mother, when I was five had decided to leave,” I began, clearing my throat, “She and my father got into a fight because she wanted to continue a career in education, but the best place she could go was here. She left me to my dad, who raised me. I only saw my mother for the first time in 10-11 years yesterday.”

“Your mother is a teacher?” She asked.

“No,” I replied, “She’s the Principal.”

Author's Note:

Hey, Chapter Three looks bad, but I don't care because I'm sick.