• Published 27th Nov 2018
  • 548 Views, 7 Comments

My little Brony: Friendship is Epic - lightningspark



Being a brony is tough, but being a brony thrown into a life-threatening adventure may be what this guy needs.

  • ...
4
 7
 548

Enter the brony, Zac Miller

Author's Note:

Hey everypony! Thanks for giving my first chapter a try. This being the first time I've done this before, I would love a bit of criticism in my work. Now without further delay, enjoy the first chapter of My Little Brony: Friendship is Epic!

Chapter 1: Enter the Brony, Zac Miller

I know what you expect me to do. You expect me to start off by telling the story of how Equestria was created and about Nightmare Moon and all that. Well, this story is a bit different. It’s starts off on a nice Winter day in New York; The sun beaming down through my window. I was enjoying this lovely morning, by sleeping in way too much.

Oh right, I didn’t introduce myself. My name is Zac Miller and I’m a 20 year old male with black hair, and tanned skin and unique red eyes. No one knows why I have them, they just said it was a mutation in my genetics.

Either way, as I slept through the day my alarm clock went off with a loud “get up, you late sucka!”. I opened my eyes slightly, making sure some of the sun didn’t potentionaly blind me. I yawned as I sat up and stretched. My one day of rest, and I was woken up by such an annoying sound? I really gotta fix my alarm clock. I shrugged as I got up out of my soft bed.

“Good morning world.” I said with a smile.

Hey if I was gonna be pushed outta bed on my day off, I was gonna at least put on a smile. You see, I was a waiter at a local dinner where I worked 6 days a week. It wasn’t too stressful, it was just kind of annoying having to deal with customers.

I walked down my stair case to find a messy living room, or at least messy by my standards. Old technology parts and tools littered the coffee table from last night’s tinkering. I forgot to mention, I love to build things like inventions and object that can help make life easier. That alarm clock was one of the first things I built, still gotta fix it though.

Anyway, I headed towards the kitchen until my phone went off. I could tell it was my Cellphone because all I could hear was Pinkie Pie singing her “Singing Telegram”. I grabbed my phone off the counter, seeing a name on the screen. It was my coworker “Ron Howard”. He was also a waiter, but he was also a DJ from what he told me. I never really asked or cared to be honest but hey, a bit of information never hurt.

I answered the phone with a swipe across the touch screen.

“Hey Ron, what’s up?” I answered with a yawn.

“Dude, where are you right now?!” He shouted. I flinched from the loud feedback.

“What do you mean? I’m at my house resting, it’s Sunday.”. Ron huffed and mumbled to himself. He was probably calling me an idiot or something.

“No it’s not Zac, it’s Monday, MON! DAY!” he screeched.

My face went white as I looked at my calendar. He was right, it was Monday; Monday the 5th. I knew there was something strange from the moment the alarm shouted, “Get up, you late sucka!”.

“I’ll be there in 10.”, And with that, I was off. I quickly ran into my room grabbing my uniform consisting of a white long sleeve shirt, a pair of black paints, a black vest, black shoes that had a brownish strip going across them, and my normal seeing glasses.

I grabbed my dark yellow backpack from under my bed; it had a couple of pink butterflies on the side, and had a pin that looked like a blue gem. I also swiped my dark purple headphones off the counter; they had a design of a burst if magic on the left ear.

You probably get it now, don’t you? The ringtone, the backpack, the headphones. Yes, yes, it’s true: I am a “Brony”. If you don’t know what that is, it’s a male or female that watches “My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic”. That’s right, soak it all in, I am a 20 year old man who likes to watch a kid’s show for girls, and I’m proud of it.

What was I doing? Right, I was late for work. I quickly made a run for my job, well more like a skate to my job. I actually outfitted my shoes with retractable rollerblades. It helped get to places quicker without a car. It helps for situations like this one. It happens a lot...

A stern talking to later, I was already working, cleaning the tables if the empty cafe. Yes, you heard right, the whole cafe was empty. No one eating or drinking, just silence. I sighed, the cafe had been losing customers for days, an I’m pretty sure that the place will soon go under if this continues.

“Man, this sucks doesn’t it?” Ronald called from the kitchen, where he was cleaning old dishes.

“Yeah, soon this place will go outta business. I hope the old man has a backup plan...”. I was replyed by the sound of loud snoring. I peeked into the kitchen to see Ron sleeping standing up. Nothing new though, Ron had this weird habit of sleeping at the most strangest times. That’s gotta be why he has those dark rings around his eyes

I threw a towel at him, waking him up with a snort. You’d think this wouldn’t be how we spent our day, but it was.

Suddenly the door opened, causing the bell to ring. I looked to my left to see a medium built man with brown hair, and blue eyes. He was wearing a winter coat, long brown pants, and dark brown shoes. He was probably 6 years older than me. Finally a customer, now I could do something else besides clean.

“Um, table for one sir?” I said in a warm voice.

He nodded, which I then proceeded to show him to his table. He sat down, which was my signal to take his order.

“Coffee, black if you would.” He mumbled. Black coffee, this man was evil. Any person who drinks coffee that bitter was automatically evil or a mean person in my book. Still, the customer is always right. I nodded, and went to get his coffee, with the feeling of familiarity knawing at my thoughts. I saw him before, but where?

“Where did I see him before...” I muttered as I walked home. The day went by fast, and I was walking back home to my lovely abode. The man’s face kept showing up in my head. I saw him before, I just couldn’t place a name. I shrugged as I listened to the song “The Legend You Were Meant To Be”. It was a good song, and yes it was from MLP: FIM.

My music was interrupted by a loud bang, followed by a bright light shooting from the sky. It shot straight into an alley that was across from me. I looked up at the sky, my mouth agape. What was going on? What was that thing? Were we being attacked by aliens? My questioning stopped when the light exploded, causing a hole to appear in the ground, and a shock wave to push me back.

“What’s going on!?” I shouted, the fear in my voice escaping.

The sound of groaning and movement could be heard in the alley as I stared into it. What should I do? Should I take a look, should I run? I didn’t have time to answer, mostly because I was already walking toward the hole. My heart started pounding of expectation, excitement, and fear.

I peeked my head over the hole, keeping my distance, the sound of breathing being heard from the crater. I looked around quickly to see what it was. It was... No, no way. No god dang way was I seeing this right now, but it was, with my own two red-colored eyes. What I was seeing or who I was seeing was...

“Fluttershy?!”.

To Be Continued