• Published 4th Aug 2012
  • 15,210 Views, 1,277 Comments

Do you believe in magic? - gcsmith



House and Wilson In Equestria

  • ...
79
 1,277
 15,210

Chapter 8

House was led through a series of winding corridors; a journey which was both confusing and dull. They walked in silence - apart from their steps on the stone and wooden floors - the situation clearly dulling his surly guards enthusiasm for taunting him.

As they walked, House was almost certain that they crossed many of the corridors they had previously walked down, it appeared they were taking him down a longer route. Either to confuse him, or to hide his presence. Neither of which mattered to him, it's not as if he had much choice in the matter.

Eventually, they entered a part of the castle which looked eerily familiar to House. It was a corridor with many rooms coming off of it; every surface was white; and the air smelt sterile. It was some sort of hospital or infirmary. House smiled, even on a different world, the place where people (or ponies in this case) spend ages recovering is also the dullest place you could be.

The guards led him down the long corridor towards a door at the end. Unlike the others this door wasn't white; it was left unpainted so the dark wood was visible; as was the name - Doctor Hoarse, Head of Medical Care. The name made House smile, as if the worst they normally dealt with was strep throat. No wonder he was being brought here.

Reaching the door, one of the guards quickly knocked and it was opened by a rather gruff looking stallion.

"Yes? What do you want?"

"Prisoner House to see Princess Luna." The pony's eye began to twitch.

"Fine."

The pony moved out of the way and one of the guards motioned House to go in while the other gave him a small nudge, forcing House to step forward; over the threshold; to avoid falling over.

"Aha, House, welcome. Please, won't you take a seat." Princess Luna was standing inside the room behind a desk, indicating to a seat just in front of it.

"Princess, I must express my disdain yet again, you can't possibly believe this 'creature' could be of use to us."

"Silence, Hoarse, I've told you already that you'll take his help; whether you like it or not."

"But Princess..." Luna shot him a gaze that froze him in a second.

"Now, House, you might be wondering why I summoned you here."

"If I was to hazard a guess, to teach this pony some proper etiquette?"

"Ha, as if I could learn anything from you!"

"Hoarse!" Luna paused to compose herself before speaking. "Nay, that is not why I have summoned you, in fact I have a feeling you could give Hoarse here a run for most arrogant entity of the year. It is because of my sister."

"Princess Celestia?"

"Indeed."

"Why?"

"Didn't you say you dealt with difficult medical situations?"

"Yes."

"Then that's why we need you, the situation involving involving my sister is Unique."

"And what makes you think I'd be willing to help?"

"Because you're our prisoner, and I'm making it part of your sentence."

"Doesn't mean I'll help, you can't force me."

"And because I believe you're like Hoarse here, the case is unique, and unique is interesting. Ponies like him like solving interesting puzzles. So I'm confident you'll help us."

"Alright I'll help you, on one condition."

"I'm listening."

"I don't take orders from, Hoarse. I'm not a lackey." Luna stood silent for a second.

"Alright, I accept those terms."

"But Princess, he's not even medically certified here, you can't possibly think letting him have free reign over your sisters treatment is right."

"Hoarse! Don't take me for a fool. I trust you'll be monitoring the situation and inform me if he's doing something foolish. Now, I have some royal matters I must attend to, is there anything else to sort out here before I leave?"

"Princess..."

Luna gave Hoarse a death stare, silencing him.

"Actually, I have one request." Luna looked at House, a strained smile on her face. "I need a team."

"I'll see what I can do." Luna left the room, leaving House and Hoarse alone. The tension in the room was thick enough to be cut with a knife.

"So, DDX?"

"Don't think I'll take this lying down, 'House'. I'll get you back for this."

"I don't think the Princess will like it if you do anything to me."

"We'll see how the Princess feels when you fail to cure her sister. I bet you don't even understand anything about our biology."

"You're right," House said with a grin, "I don't know anything about your biology. And I'm sure your Princess understands that. Yet she still chose to side with me. Now either she really likes me, which I doubt, or she really hates you. That must hurt, finding out your beloved Princess hates you enough to side with an alien." Hoarse's teeth were gritted, and his eyes were narrowed.

"Get out."

"Alright, I'll go. Don't throw a shoe."

"Out!"

House ducked out of the room, shutting the door behind him just in time, causing a well aimed vase to smash against it. He smiled as he walked down the corridor to find the Princess.

"This is going to be fun."


Wilson was pacing in front of the three fillies, Appleblom and Sweetie Belle having stopped their argument in response to Wilson's scream.

"I don't understand it, why would you girls be following me?"

"We're sorry mister," Scootaloo piped.

"There's no need to apologise to me, I'm not angry, just confused. I mean what's so 'special' about me that you would abandon the pony looking after you? Oh my goodness, I forgot about her for a second, she doesn't know where you are. She must be worried sick."

"What, ma sis? Nah, she won't be worried. We're safe here in Canterlot, royal guard everywhere and all that."

"Well, that aside, you can't just leave her to follow me. You had no idea what I was like."

"Well, you seemed nice enough, and you haven't done anything to us yet, so I guess we're safe." said Sweetie Belle.

"Okay, fair enough, I ask again, why follow me anyway?"

"Because of your flank." Scootaloo pointed. Wilson checked himself over.

"So? There's nothing there."

"Exactly! You look like, what, 50? By that age you should have your cutie mark."

"Cutie mark, you mean a kind of tattoo which indicates your special talent."

"Not exactly, I mean you have the right idea, but it's not a tattoo."

"Alright, but I still don't see what the big deal is with me not having a cutie mark. The policeman went on about it being illegal to cover one up."

"Yeah, our teacher told me while she waited for my sister to fit her dress. It's because they use cutie marks to help identify ponies."

"That makes sense, but I can't cover something I've never had."

"Exactly, we just want ta know why ya don't have one. We've been told that by your age everypony has one."

"There must be some that..."

"Everypony." The trio said in unison.

"Well I don't."

"You still haven't told us why."

"I can't."

"Why not?"

"You wouldn't believe me."

"Try us."

"Sorry."

The three fillies looked up at him with their eyes open wide.

"Pwease, mister?" Applebloom led the cuteness charge.

"Fine, but don't blame me when you don't believe." Wilson moved back over to the bench and sat down, the three fillies taking seats on the ground in front of him.

"I guess I should start off by saying I'm not from around here."

"Oh, you're from out west?"

"No, nothing like that, I mean I'm not from this world."

"Get out."

"I said you wouldn't believe me."

"I know mister, but you must understand how crazy it sounds." Wilson smiled.

"Yeah, I know." His ears flattened on his head. "But it's true, last night I fell asleep on my world and woke up here. I'm not even a pony for goodness sake."

"Um, ah you sure? You look like ah pony to me."

"Uh, Applebloom, I think he meant back on his own world." Wilson nodded. "Ha, see."

"Yeah, well, um..."

"Girls, please, there's no need to fight."

"I'm sorry Applebloom."

"It's okay, Sweetie Belle. See mister, we made up." Applebloom beamed at him.

"Good," Wilson sighed. "I just wish I knew what to do, I have no idea how I'm meant to live like this. And, well, I'm worried that if my friend did get sent here as well that he's causing all sorts of trouble."

"Where did you wake up?"

"The royal gardens, I think."

"Hmm, well maybe he's still up there."

"I'm not sure, I mean I didn't see him when I woke up."

"Did you look?" Wilson blushed.

"Well, not really, I was kinda hungover."

"Well then, maybe we should go up and check?"

"I guess, but how will we get in there? I was arrested for being there without permission."

"Oh, that? No worries. Ma sister is up in the palace aht the moment speaking to the Princess about some business stuff."

"So she can get us in?"

"Well, maybe, but if not, Ah'm sure she told the guards to let us in when we went missing. We should be able to get you into the palace. Say you wanted to escort us and make sure we didn't get sidetracked again or something."

"Are you sure that will work?"

"Of course ah'm sure, sure as eggs are eggs, surer even. My sister says that sometimes eggs aren't always what they appear to be."

"Alright then, I guess we should go then." Wilson stood up and for a moment they they stood around in a group. "Um, you'll have to lead the way, no idea how to get there."

The three fillies walked off, Wilson following close behind. As they walked Sweetie and Scootaloo turned to Applebloom.

"Are you sure we can get him in?"

Applebloom gave a small shake of her head, small enough so only her two friends could see.

"Ah'm not sure," she glanced back at Wilson, who was glancing around at the world around him, a mixture of curiosity and wonder across his face. "Ah hope so."

Author's Note:

Hey, thanks for reading this chapter. Sorry about any grammar errors, at the moment I'm without an editor, so if anyone is up for the job. :)

But I feel after slow updates for months. I owe you updates, even with a few errors.