• Published 4th Aug 2012
  • 15,245 Views, 1,277 Comments

Do you believe in magic? - gcsmith



House and Wilson In Equestria

  • ...
79
 1,277
 15,245

Chapter 14

"Mother? You turned into my mother?!" Celestia's screams echoed throughout the white space of her own mind.

"It's your fault," said the figure, now a large pastel blue Unicorn. "You thought about your mother. I told you I was just part of your subconscious." The figure's voice was sickly sweet, tinged with a layer of authority that compelled you to obey.

"And if I mentioned a pony made out of chocolate fudge ice-cream, would you turn into one?" questioned Celestia.

There was a loud, earsplitting snap as a puff of pink dust surrounded the figure. The cloud was thick enough to obscure Celestia's view, and for a short moment she believed that the figure had indeed transformed into a ice-cream pony. However, as the dust settled, the figure still stood there, posing as her mother, a smile across it's face.

"Of course not," the figure replied with a tut. "An Ice-cream pony? That would be stupid."

"Are you calling me stupid?" asked Celestia threateningly.

"Well," said the figure with a wave of it's hooves. "If the horseshoe fits."

Celestia growled at the figure threateningly. "So, why are you here? Is it to just antagonize me? If so, you can just leave."

"That may very well be the reason," the figure laughed at Celestia who just snarled back at her. "Oh, don't get your royal vestments in a twist. I already told you I don't know why your twisted mind summoned me. And no, I can't leave. Even if I wanted to, which I admit I don't. Annoying you just seems like too much fun."

"And I suppose I have to sit here and just let you insult me?" asked Celestia sarcastically.

"Well, you could..." said the figure.

"Or?" asked Celestia.

"Or you could put that big fat brain of yours to use for once, and figure out why your subconscious wants to annoy you?" replied the figure, chuckling as she spoke.

The sound of that 'thing' laughing with her mothers laugh really grated on Celestia's nerve. How dare it use her mother's image to taunt and annoy her. The waves of anger rising from deep within her almost seemed to cause steam to pour from her ears.

"You know, I'm you right?" said the figure, noticing the anger dripping from Celestia. "If you're angry at me, you're really only angry at yourself. After all, you're the one who wants to piss yourself off for some reason."

"And why would I want to do that to myself?" asked Celestia.

"Maybe you suffer from low self esteem?" shrugged the figure.

"That doesn't sound like me," repleid Celestia. "I'm well loved and liked by all my little ponies."

"Hmm. Well then, maybe something new has happened in your life? Something to cause you to question yourself." Said the figure.

"Well," Celestia said. "I found out earlier today that other worlds exist."

"And how does that make you feel?" the figure asked, a pair of spectacles appearing on it's feminine features and a notebook and quill appearing in it's hooves.

"I'm, I'm not sure," Celestia stuttered. "I mean, how should it make me feel?"

"Hmm, that's a usual response," said the figure. "Here, why don't you lie down and tell me more about it." The figure sat down in a chair that appeared out of thin air and patted a psychiatrist's couch that appeared in just the same way.

Celestia looked at what appeared to be her mother pretending to be a psychiatrist, the chair and the white void behind them and was unsure. Hesitantly, she took a step forward which, then another, and another. Soon enough, she was lying on the coach opposite the figure.

"So," began the figure. "How do you feel?"

Author's Note:

I know this is a really small chapter. But I thought the scene was cute, and with exams coming up. Wont have time to publish a chapter for a while. So consider this a quick pre exam treat for all of you.