• Published 24th Nov 2018
  • 691 Views, 44 Comments

Ryuuzan, a Gryphon Silenced - Kimono-Gryphon



It's a story of a gryphon that knows a threat is forming against the crown, but how can he warn any pony when he cannot talk, and without being viewed as a threat himself.

  • ...
2
 44
 691

Dashed

After Princess Celestia had grilled F. Hay Baily in his cell, she returned to her chambers to await as she sent another royal guardian on an errand.

A knock sounded from her door as the Royal Guardian arrived with Queen Esmeraldes, her brother Sahmek, and one of their guardians. Once inside, she offered tea and coffee to everyone as they made themselves comfortable.

"Greetings Queen Esmeraldes, my apologies for dragging you down here, but I need some help from you, as this case has no doubt left a horrible situation between our kingdoms." Celestia had greeted the Queen, altho there was concern written all over her face. "I want to reassure you, that I had no knowledge of these plans my ponies had concocted, involving the exiled gryphons from your kingdom”

"Princess, I am but a guest here in Equestria. And while I have been here seeing your interaction with your 'little ponies' have left an impression of nothing less than two sisterly leaders that are beloved by their subjects." The Queen responded, a voice sounding far wiser than the physical body had shown as a female in her late 20s should have sounded. "You have nothing to worry from me and my opinions about this case. But why have you asked us here?"

"I need to know why your brother was exiled." Celestia looked thru her notes she took, looking up toward Sahmek. "Apparently Swan Song knows a good deal about you, and I wish to have your story here before me here where it's safe between us and you in private, instead of Swan Song airing it all for all the attendees to hear first hoof."

Sahmek had dipped his head as he recollected. "Your Magesty, When I was younger, I actually was in line for rulership of the Gryphon kingdom, the Nazzhu clan. And on an outing here to Equestria with our father King Aktinnius, we had met ponies here when we visited your castle, and yourself 20 years ago. I was only 19 back then when I met Swan Song at a tour of your castle and medical wing where she was a nurse. We had agreed to attend a formal meal here as my father had joined you for talks between our kingdoms."

"I do remember that day, were you not there as well Esmeraldes?" Celestia remarked.

"I was only a youngling at that time, and was far too young to join in anything formal as of yet." Esmeraldes had warmly replied, placing a wing overtop her brother's shoulders.

"We had arrived at the dinner and part way through the meal I remember I had some dizziness and all I remember was Swan Song helping me to my room." Sahmek had clearly become uncomfortable. "Next thing I knew, I had woken up in the dungeons here a few levels down here inside the castle. The guards had broken the door to my quarters and arrested me for attacking Swan Song intimately. She had run out of my room and had told the guards I had raped her. But your highness, I was in no such mindset of having to do anything like that as I had gotten ill from the drink I had earlier and had gone to sleep. Besides I already had a lady-in-waiting for me when I came to power."

"When you and father were told what happened, he 'immediately' shut down the diplomatic talks and demanded we all return home to the Gryphon Kingdom." Sahmek's eyes were downcast and he barely talked above a whisper. "The newspapers were blasting the story every day for three weeks, nonstop. We even had pony reporters from Baltimare, Manehatten and other cities, my father threw out the ponies, after getting disgusted at the entire thing."

"I then decided to step down and hand the coming rulership to my younger sister, to save the scandal from tearing apart our subjects and making a mockery of my father's ruling authority." Sahmek had wiped his eyes as he started crying. "My mate was devastated when she found the story in the papers. You see your highness, we gryphons mate for life, and we were already deep in plans for a wedding in two years time when this happened. She ended up... (gulp)... i'm sorry... she had torn the primary feathers out of her wings and thrown herself off GryphonClaw Falls. Her body was found two days later amidst the rocks at the base of the falls."

"After that, I came to my father and asked to be banished from the kingdom, in a hope to keep our ruling family together without me in the picture. Stories were told to the press that I had also thrown myself to my demise just like my mate, and I was banished in secret. The subjects believed the story and didn't question anything else." Sahmek had pulled some of the fur and feathers aside, showing the colours were changed magically to alter his appearance. "My colouring was changed with the help of a Zebra dignitary I had known, and I had found my way to Baltimare where I met the standing Gryphon Ambassador there. He was to retire soon, and he agreed to have me train for the job there where my main duty was to track the gryphon citizens when they moved to Equestria. And 19 years later, here we are today."

"When did the Ponies for Purity group reach out to you, about the exiles at EMMRS?" Celestia took down the notes as Sahmek spoke.

"I think this was about five years after I stepped down and started working in Baltimare, just after the previous gryphon had retired about six months previously. I actually didn't have any contact with them, but one of my former workers had met them a few times and was given the paperwork to those gryphon arrivals at EMMRS. One day, Swan Song had joined another pony to deliver the quarterly paperwork with the new arrivals at EMMRS. When I seen her, it was instantaneous. She knew 'exactly' who I was, despite my change in appearance." He had actually grinned at that part of his story. "She was surprised I was there in Baltimare, and not ruling the Gryphon lands. All she could do was screech something about marrying me and her plans of being the first pony queen to rule beside myself as king and how I was so stupid in giving up 'everything'. She didn't know or even cared that I lost a life-mate due to her scheming, she was that self absorbed. She said she would be holding the entire Gryphon Empire under her hoof in due time. The ensuing argument was so violent the Baltimare royal police were summoned to remove them out of the city before being arrested. And that was the last I had seen or heard of her until this case was in the papers."

"Ok, thank you Sahmek sir, I think I have all the answers I need. Altho I would need the Queen's and your approval to help rectify this situation and bring this case to a close." Celestia had taken a sip of her tea, deep in thought. "What I propose..."

An hour later, Princess and Queen Esmeraldes along with Sahmek and the gryphon guardians had returned amidst the ponies gathered in the great hall, and all the eyes were on Celestia's face as she gave a statement, tapping her gavel to bring every ponies attention.

"I had conferred with Queen Esmeraldes Nazzhu and her brother in my chambers and have reached a decision in the case of The Crown of Equestria vs Ponies of Purity." Celestia had lightly banged her gavel, bringing the chatter to a stop. Her expression was somber as she was silent for almost 30 seconds. "The matter about Sahmek being an exile, has been fully forgiven from both myself and Queen Esmeraldes. The situations that happened in his life turned out to be without any legal or personal fault of his own. And on those facts from his experiences with Swan Song, has removed any and all guilt from my and Queen Esmeraldes's eyes, which has garnered a full pardon, and reinstatement of all citizenship rights as full citizen of Equestria."

"The Four defendants in this case, Night Hooves, Morning Mist, Dr. Clear Mind and Swan Song will be fully charged and held equally in the deaths of 6 ponies and additionally 18 gryphons, and the attempted murder of Ryuuzan, Swan Song's son." Celestia's face grew more serious, making sure her words were carefully chosen and exact. "The Four ponies charged will have a fifth name brought up on charges equalling the four. Mr. F Hay Baily is also listed and charged as an accessory to plottings and murder of the 18 gryphons and the additional charges of defrauding the Equestrian Crown with the help of his son-in-law, Dr. Clear Mind."

The audience gasped as they realised the ponies were going to get the harshest sentence. But Celestia held up a hoof and continued. "I have thought long and hard over how long capital punishment has been in the legal system for over 1,000 years, even tho there were only 9 instances where a pony or citizen of Equestria has maliciously taken the life of another, without consideration for the circumstances afterward. Life is given only one time to each of us, and it is such a gift that opens the lives of ponies to fulfill destinies and create friendships that build bonds for generations between each other. However, still some ponies are driven by anger, greed, revenge, or any other factor, to intently erase the very life from another pony. When ponies are charged and found guilty, the guilty must be dealt with as severely as possible the sentence that equates the crime. When a society is lax in keeping the value of life so sacred, then it is easier to dismiss, and later somehow justify the absolute taking of life from another. All Life is sacred and is a gift and blessing granted to each of us. The value and gift of life is so high, and so is the price that society must pay, to keep life itself sacred. Nine ponies paid the ultimate price when they denied ponies the only gift each of us are granted. And now, 5 more ponies will share in that same ultimate fate that awaits them, in five days time."

Celestia had let her words sink in with a somber tone that left the court speechless.

"The EMMRS research facility will remain open however, and be absorbed into an extension of the Castle and Canterlot General Hospital, so the other innocent patients will still receive care from specialists that are hoof picked to take over."

She then looked to Sahmek and nodded. "Sahmek Irenazz Nazzhu, I had asked Queen Esmeraldes Nazzhu, to accept a full apology from myself firstly, that all misdeeds that my ponies had brought on to your lives, the guilty parties will be brought to face their due rewards in five days time. That time will give the guilty time to make final preparations with their families. And for that, I hope you accept my apology here today."

She then turned to Ryuuzan, who stood up formally with Quill Feather. "Ryuuzan, you came forward, risking your very life, to warn the Crown of the Ponies for Purity group. Ponies that had horribly abused you in ways that terrify me, to such a point no one deserved. You came to my sister and myself for help, to help show what had happened to fellow gryphon citizens that were at EMMRS and ended up exposing those that were guilty. For your enduring the tortures that my ponies had inflicted not only physically, but mentally and psychologically, you are hereby gifted with 4.75 million bits as an award, Then tripled from that from EMMRS and F Hay Baily's law firm as punitive damages. But you have 2 provisions, that Quill Feather draw up the paperwork as a fund, secured through the Crown, and allow you to join your father, Sahmek Irenazz Nazzhu as assistant Gryphon Ambassador between your Aunt, Queen Esmeraldes, and the Equestrian Crown."

"My.. son... " Sahmek jumped from his seat close to his sister, and flapped his large wings, hovering before the prosecution table, then landed in front of the younger gryphon. "Ryuuzan, ... I had no idea .... you even existed. Swan Song never told me about you, even when she visited me in Baltimare 15 years ago." He outstretched his arms, then hugged Ryuuzan as deeply as he could. "Could you let me become the parent and father that you should have had all these years. That is if you would welcome me, my sister Queen Esmeraldes, and the Gryphon People into your life."

All Ryuuzan could do is nod his head 'yes' as he hugged his father tightly, managing to mumble a word barely audible only to Sahmek's ears. " F...Father."

"That brings forth the ruling, clear and final, with judgements to the innocent and the guilty charged. Case number 4177, Crown of Equestria vs. Ponies of Purity, and members. Court is Dismissed." Celestia had banged her gavel to the wide eyed expressions of Ryuuzan and Sahmek, with Quill Feather nodding in affirmation.

*****