• Published 16th Dec 2018
  • 428 Views, 5 Comments

Fishing - Hillbe



Spike goes fishing with Hondo...

  • ...
6
 5
 428

Another Line

Another Line

The bobbers floated along as the anglers drank cider watching and waiting for a bite. Like any fisher with a rod and reel the time under the sun was well wasted. Hondo watched the hooks under the surface, one was steady unmoving the bait at the ready for some hungry fish the other hook trembled as it's master waited and worried remembering the last words before this little adventure "Spikey dear please make a good impression with father you know that a first meeting can reflect on the success or failure of any endeavor".

----------------------------------%---------------------------------

Hondo heard a knock at the door at four thirty in the morning as Sweetie Belle squealed in delight knowing who was the guest of honor. He got up from the easy chair looking at his prancing daughter her mane and tail bounced with her every move. He chuckled " The way you're acting you'd think he was coming to visit you".

Four thirty was his normal time to rise and shine on a fishing day , Hondo knew it, Sweetie Belle knew it and between smoky yawns Spike was going to know it personally.
"Good Morning Mr. Hondo Flanks, I'm Spike I heard you wanted to talk to me..." A yawn escaped as his eyes closed for a moment only to open full of Sweeties face. Her eyes fluttering as her breaths fogged up his dark jade peepers.

"Yikes!" Spikes body jerked back and up into the doorway his spines dug deeply into the opened door. Sweetie fell on her haunches watching the helpless dragon dangling like a mackerel kicking his legs as his tail spun wildly. The poor dragon was helplessly pinned to the out of control door. While the two swung both ways Spike could only glare at Rarity's little sis.


"You've got wings!" Sweetie burst out as her magic engulfed his tender wings causing Spike to laugh out loud and wiggle all the more, His gyrations continued to grow like Miss Belles excitement and giggling.

-------------------------------%--------------------------------

"Really you don't have to pay for the damages Mr. Dragon" The tackle box hovered along as the three made their way to the secret family fishing hole "That entryway needed remodeling anyway, Sweetie are you keeping up there?"

A quick glance answered his question "So Mr. Dragon, you're interested in my little gal?" Before Spike could answer Hondo continued "It's not like you're a royal prince or a famous writer or even an established business owner" the small talk and quizzing continued as the three stepped along the pathway.
He stopped at the dock side and looked down at the fumbling dragon his claws full of fishing gear, an oversized net, a birds nest ball of fishing line on a stick and every piece of tackle ready to tackle the clueless player.

Spike weakly smiled as he laid out the gear explaining his exploits as the number one assistant to the queen of OCD the hero of the Crystal Empire and keeping his snout shut about his little rampage and his big crime of Hondo's precious being kidnaped by a ferocious beast as the quiet hours passed. or so he hoped while the bobbers drifted along.

Spike cringed as Sweetie spilled the beans about the dragon rampage of Ponyville how a giant dragon grabbed Rarity and ran off with her with the Wonderbolts in hot pursuit, of course Hondo listened to the rancorous tale of ...
"I can explain Mr. Flanks!" Spike blurted out jerking his pole around until Hondo use his horns magic taking control of Spikes shaking fishing rod and face the hapless drake.
A resounding splash stopped all movement as the three anglers saw the biggest whiskers fish ever caught in Equestria.
"Holy smokes that's a bigin!" Hondo yelled as he started battling the monster cat fish Spikes pole bent in his magic.
Sweetie screamed with delight as the muck and water splashed as the titans of water and unicorn had it out.

Spike watched the tug of war both pulling and giving or taking each ones fury thankful that his conversation of his dragon rampage was interrupted and then Sweeties calls interrupted his interruption.
Hondo was losing headway and if no pony rendered aid his future in law was going to be dragged into the mucky depths below.
Spike thought Let go of the pole, Hondo let go of the pole. His gaze went to Sweetie who now covered her eyes not wanting to see her dad take the last and final dive of a life time. You got to be kidding me.

Hondo had put on his final war face and screamed his last charge at the watery beast, The old war horse was sinking faster now up to his neck his straw hat flying off into waves of his last stand, His head tangled in the line as his magic was still pulling on the monster fish the little pole ready to snap.

Right now Spike wanted to be somewhere else. Warm blankets with a fist full of gems...Darn that water looks cold!

---------------------------------------------->O.O<--------------------------------------

And it was, Hondo watched from the shore as the now tired and wet Spike the Great and Honorable Brave and Glorious had battered the beast and was now proudly wading up to the two with the monster cat fish wiggling over his head.
Hondo grabbed his camera made his adjustments for best picture brought the view finder to his eye "Say cheese!"

Rip! SNAP! Fwooooosssssssh! Sizzle! Sizzle sizzle...

Hondo lowered the camera his muzzle full of tears a twitch in his right eye and a pouting lower lip Spike was faster then the shutter speed and obviously Spike never heard of "Catch and Release".

Spike looked at Hondo and said what came natural "What?"


The trek back to the house was like a Forest Lawn funeral with the exception of Hondos quiet lamentations of the poor fishes suffering with cleaning, gutting and flash flame broiling faster then the speed of F-1 on the cameras shutter. The smell of wet fur and dragon perspiration filled the air as the three stepped on to the repaired porch and entryway.


"So Mr. Thee Dragon, You want to date Rarity and maybe some day take her hoof in marriage?"

Spike could only nod, his excitement was evident with his blushing scales and spinning tail.

Hondo took notice of Raritys Spikey Wikey and remembered all the stories Sweetie Belle told him throughout the years her espionage was critical on his next bit of words he had nothing against dragons in particular it was just...

"I can't let you take her hoof in marriage..." Spike and Sweetie Belle gasped at what came next.

----------------------------------------->>_<<-------------------------------

Rarity was trotting along her work finished for the day, Her course was to her fathers home where she expected Spike to surely make a long and lasting impression. She approached the remodeled entryway and saw the broken fishing gear laying in the garbage can on top of the usual trash along with the demolished door. Impression indeed she opened the door announcing her arrival and stopped short seeing Twilight sitting at the dining table having what looked like a serious conversation with her parents even Sweetie Belle was sitting still listening intently to the adults in the room.

"Good evening father should I ask how your day was?" Rarity sat before the group piecing together the clues, one wrecked door, two smashed fishing gear and three an all too quiet sister.

"Father, Mother, Twilight what is going on here?" Sweetie laughed in her usual nervous laugh like when she duct taped the makings of an alicorn on poor Opalescence. She tried Angle Bunny but he put up too much of a fight. And thinking of fights where was her precious scales? Rarity was about to ask where he was when Sweetie Belle gushed out a quick "Hi Rarity , Spike's...!"

Hondo joined in "Sweetie enough" His gaze softened "Rarity I know where you're going to go with this and all I can say is NO I can't allow you to ..."

"Father?!"

"Rarity let me finish."

"Father where's Spike!"

"Rarity he's here, Let me finish".

Rarity sat stewing waiting why was her father against her seeing her dragon, How dare he!

"Rarity I know where this relationship will lead you" He glanced at the Princess of Friendship and continued "You'll date first then eventually I'll have to give your hoof away in marriage and I can't do that. Your mother and I wish for grand foals and just a hoof wont do it, I'll have to give away the whole pony".

"Father how could you, I arranged it so you and Spike could..."

"I want to be an Aunty!" Squealed Sweetie, Rarity went to a light shade of pink.

"You two are completely compatible" Twilight said with a mouthful of catfish and sweet potatoes.
Dark pink.

Cookie Crumbles beamed at her not too soon to be wed daughter ,
My little gem wont become a crazy old lonely catmare!
"Well dearie get to making the foals already! It worked for us, I was ready to drop right after the "I do's" ".
Flaming red cheeks.

Raritys cheeks burned, She was happy that Spike wasn't here to see the exchange of giggles and foal talk, What could be worse then a long courtship and long walks in the park only a long time will tell...

The kitchen door bumped open and the dragon of the hour entered the room Raritys embarrassment grew to new heights and exploded as Spike spoke the few words she didn't want to hear "Hi Rarity I think your Dad likes me too, You didn't hear his silly hoof joke, did you?".

Rarity couldn't run from the embarrassment of family but she could hide "Splut" She face planted onto the creamed spinach mashed sweet potatoes and broiled cat fish, Her blushing face was safely covered in tasty grub but her ears still heard the groups laughter as Spike uttered those final words of wisdom

"All right Rarity! I see you took Pinkies advice on eating and dug right on in! You'll love the cat fish it's freshly broiled... Rarity?"

Comments ( 5 )

nice little story, thanks :) is there more to come?

9350236
already red them lol but thanks, also just out the blue. you had any thoughts on trying to do an epilog for marked, sorry to ask its just i really liked that story & would really like to see more between Spike/ Rarity & having Kull & Coaline meet & talk to spike/vistit ponyville would be a nice, all the same tho, thanks for the stories :)

WOW just looked didnt know it was that old lol still good tho :)

9350828
sure why not. bonus epilog coming :pinkiehappy:

9351163
well you havnt just made my day but week lol(maybe even xmas) so thanks if you could throw in some spike/rarity romance/ them dating would love it lol maybe even letting spike know about him marking rarity, could be cute(cant believe i just used that word hahaha):pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment