• Published 22nd Nov 2018
  • 1,405 Views, 41 Comments

An "Apple" to the Core - kwr2k13



AJ Smith, was approached by one Rebecca Haddington, who was reporting her brother Tom missing. While investigating the disappearances, AJ ends up buying a brown Stetson from the Merchant.

  • ...
7
 41
 1,405

Working at the Convention

AJ Smith worked as a security staff member for a popular convention for My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic called aptly titled Bronycon. Not only did fans get to purchase MLP “swag” (merchandise, plushies, fan art, etc), they could even cosplay. Cosplay, which stood for “costume play” was a standard fare for some artistic fans, whether they were a brony or a pegasister. Some put on skits involving the characters, while others entered contests.

AJ Smith had short blond hair and wore a typical security staff member shirt and black pants with comfortable tennis shoes. He also responded to various issues along the way. One such issue presented itself in the fact several people disappeared from the convention. A Rebecca Haddington, who was in the process of filing a missing person’s report on her brother, Tom.

“Now, hold on. I’m going to write down a description of your brother. What was he wearing and doing while at the convention?” AJ asked, getting out a notepad and pencil to write down the description, “He was dressed as who? Apple Bloom from Equestria Girls?”

As this was happening, a young man about thirteen carrying a rainbow wig walked over to a table in the food area.

AJ continued to write down information as he passed by the merchant table. There was a brown Stetson, similar to the one the Equestria Girls version of Applejack wore. He admired the hat’s handiwork. He also saw the teenager with the rainbow wig at the food area and went over to him, “Excuse me, young man, did you see a young man dressed as “Apple Bloom” around? His sister is worried about him. I’m AJ Smith and I am part of the security here.”

“Enope.” the young man, obviously mimicking Big Mac. He pulled the wig out of its bag. A.J. could see that the color pattern was mixed up. “I’ll keep an eye out for him.” the young man finished off his lunch and started heading back to the con proper, putting the wig on as he walked. AJ sees him rub his chest as he steps out of sight.

“Okay, Oh, nice wig. Let me guess; Rainbow Dash?” AJ asked, since there were a lot of Rainbow Dash merchandise, along with the other characters.

“Actually it's my character in the Equestria Girls game App, Rainbow Rose. Though I'm dressing up as the rule 63 version of her.”

AJ Smith nodded, “Okay, you like creating your own character? That’s cool. Just let me know if you see anything out of the ordinary or suspicious.”

The young man nodded himself, rubbing his chest again as if it was itchy. He then takes a long hallway toward the convention.

Meanwhile, AJ found himself at the merchant dealer’s place, where he learned that a young man fitting Tom’s description purchased a red bow earlier. Several items were for sale, including the Stetson. AJ decided to buy the Stetson and carry it around for a while.

AJ later thought about the red bow, which may have been purchased by Tom as part of his “Apple Bloom” cosplay. The young man with the rainbow wig was cosplaying as his Original Character, or a variant of her. He looked at his Stetson and decided to put it on.

Some time later, AJ’s blond hair started to grow longer, past his shoulders and to mid back. “What the?” AJ stammered as he looked around for a bathroom. As he approached the bathrooms, there were two doors, the male and female facilities. From the back, one could somewhat mistake AJ for a girl.

AJ’s face started to resemble a young girl’s, complete with freckles. His eyes changed to an emerald green as he started to shrink a bit. His body began to change, starting with his shoulders and arms, which became more athletic, yet slender.

The changes continued, starting in the chest region, which grew into a pair of breasts, “This isn’t goin’ to get me fired, is it?” The young man, soon to be girl thought to him/herself, as the changes continued to his/her groin area and legs. At the end of the transformation was a young girl with blond hair wearing the security uniform staring back in the mirror. “Is that me?” The new girl’s voice spoke out with a southern drawl. “Ah’d better find someplace t’ blend into the convention. Ah reckon Ah could just be one of the cosplayers.”

The new “AJ” made her way to the door when her clothes decided to change as well. The clothes changed from the old uniform to something the character of “Applejack” would wear in the Equestria Girls movies. She was wearing a pair of denim jeans, a pair of cowboy boots, and her trademark Stetson, as well as a red long sleeved blouse that had dark red apples on it. She wore a brown belt with a red apple for a belt buckle. Her emerald green eyes and freckles, as well as her long blond hair tied in a ponytail completed her new look. AJ looked down at her new ensemble, admiring herself. She blushed a bit and then composed herself, heading out to look for the missing convention goers while dressed as the Equestria Girls Applejack.

A short time later, a young 13 year old girl with rainbow hair jogs into view dressed as the young man at the con.

“Wait a cotton pickin’ second!” AJ told herself when she saw the rainbow haired girl at the convention. “ Didn’t Ah see that rainbow wig and those clothes on a young man earlier?” She then decided to see where the young girl was going to. Perhaps she may know about the missing convention goers. She approached the young girl, “Hey there, what’s the hurry? Ya late for somethin’?” The new farm girl asked.

The Rainbow haired girl stops and says, “As a matter of fact, I am.” AJ can see she's wearing a black tank top with an embroidered map with a compass over one corner, black & red sports shorts, and wearing footwear that looks exactly like the footwear Rainbow Dash wears. “I have to hurry or I'll be late for school.

AJ then introduced herself, “Uhm, Ah’m Applejack, but ya c’n call me AJ. What’s yer name. sugarcube?” She hoped the southern accent for this character was decent enough to pass for the new girl.

“Names Rainbow Rose, Double R to my friends.” Double R says.

Applejack smiled and extended her hand to Rainbow Rose, “Pleased t’ meet ya, Double R! Ah’m lookin’ fer someone named Tom. His sister’s worried sick about him. Maybe he’s at school?”

Just then, Applejack felt light-headed, “You feelin’ okay? Ah’m not feelin’ so good.” She passed out near Rainbow Rose.

The next time Applejack woke, she was in a medical office with Rainbow Rose and another girl who was identified as "Scootaloo" by the medical attendants. “Ugh, mah head!”