• Published 22nd Nov 2018
  • 1,369 Views, 149 Comments

Canterlot Adventures - The Blue EM2

  • ...
6
 149
 1,369

Party Hour

The next day arrived and flew by with considerable speed. It wasn’t long until the afternoon arrived, and the sun stretched its long glorious beams across the warm, beautiful world that I called home. As we drove home that day, we could see that preparations for an impromptu gathering were already being assembled, like tables, chairs and tablecloths.

“We must be expectin’ a lot of folks,” I said.

“We invited most of the town to this, even the Mayor!” Pa replied. “As a community, boy are we glad to have ya back.”

We pulled up outside the house, and I hopped out of the passenger seat, walking over to the door to the house. I knocked on it for a few moments, and Pear - sorry, Ma - came to answer it.

“Did ya have a good day?” she asked.

“Eeyup!” I exclaimed, impersonating my big brother. “Mah friends are all relieved Ah’m OK, and the lessons aren’t too awkward-although Mr Discord kinda needs ta make explaining things a little easier!”

“Well, Ah’m so glad we got ya back,” Ma replied. “Now you’d better be headin’ upstairs, we gotta party to bake!”

“Is there a specific dress code?” I asked.

“Well, ya don’t have ta wear a dress if ya don’t want to,” Ma answered, making a pun on what I had said.

“Well, whatcha think Pip’d like?” I asked her again.

“Ah think that he’d just want ta see you,” Ma reassured me. “You’d best be getting' ready, the first guests will be arrivin’ soon.”

“Got it!” I sped off up the stairs, hoping I’d make the right choice of clothes.



After a shower (much needed, and oh so relaxing), I made the decision to simply wear the same clothes I had warn earlier that day. If I was back from the dead, they might as well see me, and not some girl in a dress who vaguely resembled her. After fixing my bow in place, I stepped down the stairs to already hear the noise and hubbub of revellers.

“It is so wonderful to be able to celebrate with the Apples again!” said one voice, which I recognised as Mayor Novo. Wait, how do I - as if this was going to start making sense now!

“It truly is a wonderful occasion on which we celebrate,” said another voice, which I recognised as Fancy Pants, the town clerk.

“The Apple family cider is always wonderful irrespective of what is happening,” added the voice of Mayor.

“Well, shall we enter?” asked Fancy Pants. The door suddenly opened, and both of them walked my way.

“Why, hello Apple Bloom!” the Mayor said to me. She had a friendly smile upon her face. “It is truly wonderful to know a member of our community is safe.”

“But how does it feel to fall through multiple dimensions and end up in different places?” asked Fancy Pants.

“Well,” I said, “it’s kinda a long story. Ah’m now aware that there a multiple versions of us. There was even a version of us Crusaders who engaged in some social media nonsense over Christmas! There was even one where Sweetie Belle was robotic, Ah was some sort of demon thing, and Scoots was a... well Ah don’t know what Scoots was! But it was sure bizarre!”

“Doesn’t she have a vivid imagination!” Novo smiled. “Truly is she an inspiration to us all. But may I ask where your parents are?”

“Ma and Pa are probably in the kitchen, Ah ain’t seen Granny or Grand Pear yet.” The Mayor and her entourage took the opportunity to move onwards, deeper into the house, and I followed.



A most mighty feast awaited us. Prepared were many, many plates and tables, outdoors and indoors. It seemed that the family had decided to go for the self-service option, which I’ll admit, given the number of guests, seemed to be a lot more practical.

“Good evenin’, Mayor Novo!” Pa greeted the local dignity. “Ya wan’t somethin’ ta drink?”

“Soft cider please,” she replied in her regal tone. “I’m on official business, and it would hardly do to be seen drunk here.”

Given my age, I couldn’t touch the hard stuff. Not that I’d want to; I’d heard that it was incredibly fizzy.

Just as I was thinking that thought, my butt seemed to feel sore. The message was clear; don’t go anywhere near it, or else!



I immediately dismissed that thought, and went back to the door as another guest arrived. I opened the door and who should come through but...

“Apple Bloom!” Pip exclaimed, as he flew through the door and nearly knocked me over.

“Hey, easy bud!” I cried as I hugged him. “Ah’m so glad to see ya!”

“I thought I’d lost you forever!” Pip replied. “But at least we are back together now.”

“That we are,” I smiled. “But we’re kinda creatin’ a traffic jam, so we might wanna step outa the way.”



After that moment, the next notable arrivals were the Wondertones, who gathered on an impromptu stage outside. Rarity produced her ocarina, and set about tuning the members. Then Big Mac commenced singing;

“Bum, bum, bum-ba-da, ba-da

Bum, bum, bum-ba-da ah”-



It was their old classic, Find the Music in You. I’d always liked this one ever since Filli Vanilli had aired, but fittingly for the human world, the lyrics were a little different. Each use of ‘trot’ became walk, for instance, and references to ‘ponies’ were replaced with ‘people’. They made a surprisingly beautiful sound singing together, even if I preferred the true male close harmony sound.

When they had finished performing, we all applauded. But just as the Wondertones launched into Love me Do, somebody bumped into me from the rear.

I swung around to see it was Scootaloo, grinning from ear to ear. She was safely kitted up in her helmet and shinpads, and sad proudly upon her scooter. True, it was a bit rusty, but she was proud of it nonetheless. It was all she had to remind her of her parents most days, who were rarely around to care for her.

That brings me onto the other individuals. Rumble was standing a little further back, wrapped up in his black sports shirt, khaki shorts, and black boots. He’d brought a soccer ball for some reason, and his purple eyes were scanning around at all the people who were around.

Further back were a pair of women, whom I assumed to be Scootaloo’s aunts (and not her isn'ts). Aunt Lofty and Aunt Holiday were usually the ones caring for her, and I got the impression they were firm, but fair with her. I didn’t know them well enough to have formed an opinion of them, so I only had Scootaloo’s word to go on.



“How are ya?” Scootaloo asked.

“Given recent events, pretty good, thanks,” I answered.

One of the two aunts stepped over. “How’s it feel to be the star of the show?”

“Ah’ve never been so keen on bein’ the centre of attention,” I replied. “So, Scoots, how are ya and Rumble?”

Scootaloo’s face went bright red. “Um, uh...” she stammered out.

“We had a good night last night!” Rumble said quickly. “I can only assume I got the seal of approval from Aunt’s Lofty and Holiday.”

“Approved, certified, and guaranteed!” said the other aunts. I wasn’t entirely sure which of them was which. Besides, I thought they only appeared in the comics!

“On the topic of that,” said the other, “shall we go get something to drink?”



The Wondertones continued with their setlist as we just stood about, idly chatting. When suddenly more people arrived.

“Sorry I’m late Apple Bloom!” called Sweetie Belle, running toward me, dragging Button Mash along.

“Sweetie, be careful!” Button shouted. “I’d prefer for my arm not to leave its socket!”

Sweetie Belle paid him no attention, and stopped in front of me. “It’s so nice to see you again!” she squealed.

“Sweetie, it’s been 2 hours at the most,” I replied.

“But we’re all back together!” Button exclaimed. “Are we still on for the CMC movie night on Sunday evening?”

“We sure are!” I exclaimed. “How have you two been?”

“Well, Button’s a great dancer,” Sweetie Belle started. “Turns out he’s in dance class, and he sometimes gets to partner up with Scootaloo.”

“I don’t like her that way!” Button exclaimed. “Besides, Sweetie’s not too bad herself. She put down a solid Cajun 2-step yesterday!”

“What is all this Cajun business?” asked Rarity, walking over to us. “Has Sweetie been dancing again?”

“If you can waltz, I can do the two-step!” Sweetie Belle exclaimed. “Besides, the waltz is German, not English. So there!”

“I suppose we do have that Cajun spirit in us,” Rarity admitted. “But it looks like the band is getting going again. Tootaloo!”

Button smiled as he spoke to Sweetie Belle. “J’ai passe devant tu porte,” he said with a smile.

“That’s because it’s on your route to school!” Sweetie Belle replied, laughing.



Our discussion was interrupted by the loud ringing of a bell. “A moment please!” called Pa.

Silence fell, thankfully not squishing anyone.

“Can we all bow our heads in prayer please?” Pa asked. We all complied.

“Dear Lord, thank you for friends and family. Let us remember as we share with friends and family that we respect and value all that we know and have. May we always remain friends, livin’ in unity and happiness. Amen.”

“Amen,” we all replied.

Pa walked over to me. “You get to go first,” he said. “For the one that was lost is found!”



After our meal, talk began. But I found most of it dull. Ranging from what parents were doing to the wonders of the Equestrian tax system, it was all horribly dull. I excused myself, and went outside.

I sat down outside, with the light of the moon illuminating the ground, and the cool air blowing through my hair. I sighed, and looked out across Sweet Apple Acres.

“Is something wrong?” Pip asked me, stepping over.

“If that’s what bein’ an adult is like, Ah think Ah’d rather remain a child,” I grunted.

“I know the feeling,” Pip replied. “Most of those conversations were so boring!”

“At least mah friends understand,” I answered.

“We all do, and it’s only fair you get some space given the occasion,” Pip admitted. “It’s a nice night, isn’t it?”

“It sure is,” I replied, thinking dreamily about the future with Pip.

I turned my head to him. “Given the weather, should we-?”

“Yes,” he said promptly.



It was not long until our lips met, and I enjoyed the moment. If you’d told me back in my old life I’d eventually be dating a fictional character, I’d have called you mad.

But this felt like it was meant to be. We were simply perfect for each other, and we were truly happy in each other’s company. Nothing could interrupt our bliss-

“How are you two lovebirds?”

I froze, looking up to see Scootaloo looking at me.

“Hey!” Pip said, annoyed. “That was meant to be a private moment you just ruined!”

“I thought you’d like to know that desert is ready,” Scootaloo told me. “One of them looks like President Trump!”



I instantly clicked something was wrong. The year is 2014, that hasn’t happened yet! Unless…

I pulled my phone out, and texted Sweetie Belle.

“C’mon Scoots, we need ta go!” I cried.

“What? Why?”

“Ah’ll explain when we get ta the clubhouse!” I answered.



I threw open the door, and let my friends through. I then closed it behind me and turned on the light.

“Scoots, you’ve got some explainin’ ta do,” I said.

“What’s this all about?” asked Sweetie Belle.

“Scoots here just mentioned President Trump. But here he ain’t gonna be elected for another two years.”

“That is a considerable oversight,” Sweetie Belle pondered.

Scootaloo looked sheepishly at me. “Fine, I’m not from here!” she exclaimed.

“Then where are you from?” Sweetie Belle asked.

Scootaloo sighed. “My name was Emily. I was at a convention dressed as Scootaloo, when I purchased a helmet and scooter. Next thing I know, I wake up here as Scoots. But what was even weirder was that I was knocked over by a cosplayer whose Apple Bloom was absolutely perfect. She sounded so upset as well!”

My breath froze in my lungs. “Sorry, what did ya say?” I asked.

“It was a perfect cosplay,” Scootaloo replied.

The memory, that horrible memory, flooded back to the front of my mind. “Scoots,” I said, “it was me you knocked over.”

“Really? That explains so much!” Scootaloo exclaimed. “Like how we were both found in the same place before we woke up.”

“And me!” added Sweetie Belle. “I used to be somebody from Roanoke Island. Jimmy Hook?”

“Hey, I know you from Fimfiction!” Scootaloo exclaimed.

“And it seems we all got here as a result of purchasin’, or bein’ given, an item by that merchant”, I noted. “Very strange.”

I smiled. “But it can wait. We got somethin’ more important.”

“Namely?” asked Sweetie Belle.

“Ice cream!” I replied.

The three of us charged out of the clubhouse, with questions in the back of our minds, but otherwise contented to be friends.

Author's Note:

Sorry this took so long to update, I've been having internet problems.

If you want to catch up on what Scoots has been up to, click the link below; https://www.fimfiction.net/story/425505/a-case-of-the-scoots