• Published 21st Nov 2018
  • 677 Views, 9 Comments

TwilightSparkle Online - TwiPON3



Sci Twi finds something online, but can't figure out if it's magic or what.

  • ...
7
 9
 677

Chapter 5

"Actually," Midnight said, "It's leetspeak."

"What's it say?"

"I don't know."

"Oh Lord," I said.

"Why? What's it say?"

"It says, 'Your world is going to change, Twilight Sparkle. ;) Chaos'."

"That must be Princess Twilight," Sunset said, looking at a page in her book, "She's at CHS."

"I'll stay back with Twi," Midnight said, giving Sunset the keys, "You can drive a five-speed, right?"

"I'll be back," she said, running out.

As soon as the car left the driveway, the phone rang.

"Answer it," Midnight said, "And I know what you're going to say, but I want this thing to be over just as badly as you do."

"Are you sure?"

"I haven't let you down since I came back, have I?"

Sighing, I picked up the handset and held it between mine and Midnight's ears, "Hello?"

"You'll know so much more, and all you have to do is say yes."

Midnight snatched the phone, "Now listen here, bub! Whatever the hell this is, STOP IT!! It's pissing me off and sending my sister into panic attacks!" she held the phone down to her chest and put her free hand over the microphone, "Go get the cordless from downstairs," she whispered before going back to the person.

I went and got the cordless from the kitchen, went up to my bedroom, and turned it on and muted it.

"Let me speak with SciTwi1978."

"NO!"

"Let me speak with SciTwi1978."

"NO!"

I nodded to Midnight, so she muted her phone as I turned off mute on mine, "Yes?"

"Twilight Sparkle, I know what happened at the Friendship Games, and I know your thirst for knowledge. You just have to agree."

I motioned with my hand for Midnight to hang up, so she did, albeit somewhat confused.

"No. And get out of my life!" I said, pressing the off button.

There was a minute of silence.

"So?"

"So what?"

"How did it go?"

"I just said for him to get out of my life."

"I would say 'Go for it', but the last time that happened, I, you, we almost killed everyone in two dimensions by ripping apart the fabric of reality. That's the dealbreaker for me."

"I'm just skeptical of what I might know if I had said yes."

We both wondered what to do next.

"There's a crime show marathon on television," I suggested.

"Yeah, that's probably the best thing to do until they get back," Midnight agreed as we walked down to the living room and turned on the TV to channel 97.