• Published 4th Dec 2018
  • 8,552 Views, 161 Comments

Love Sickness - XenoPony



Dragons are not hot! Or at least Twilight keeps telling herself.

  • ...
28
 161
 8,552

Epilogue

Two mares stood in the doorway of Sugarcube Corner, the cafe around them utterly trashed. Tables, walls, and dining booths were all covered by a colorful mixture of icing, sponge cake, jams, and pie filling, along with the remnants of broken streamers and balloons. Spilled drinks mixed into a rainbow concoction around the cake-spattered battlefield and half-eaten food littered the tables.

"Here, now ya clean up this mess," Applejack ordered as she thrust a mop into the hooves of the pony next to her and slid over a bucket of water. "An' not a peep outta ya 'til it's done, y'hear."

"Seriously, AJ... I was drunk okay, I admit it!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed, throwing open her wings and forelegs. "This isn't my mess to clean up anyway!"

Applejack raised an eyebrow. "Oh, then whose is it?" she questioned, and Rainbow smirked.

"It's Pinkie Pie's, she promised that if I did the trick then she'd clean up. You know it's one of the only things she can do way faster than me," the pegasus boasted.

The smugness that formed on her wife's face, however, made Rainbow pause. "Oh, ah wouldn't be too sure 'bout that."

Rainbow craned her neck to see where Applejack was looking, her eyes finally coming to rest on Pinkie Pie laying sprawled out on a table, her hooves and muzzle stained by cake, in addition to her slightly distended belly.

"P–Pinkie, what are you doing, I thought you could clean this," Rainbow exclaimed, darting over and hovering above the stuffed mare.

"I'm sorry, Dashie... But when nopony showed up to the 'Twilight is now a dragon party,' I kinda may have gotten carried away and eaten all the food I took over to the castle too," Pinkie Pie admitted before a belch escaped her mouth. "'Scuse me," she added with a giggle.

Rainbow face hoofed. "Seriously Pinkie, she didn't need a dragon party!"

"Well, looks like both of ya are gonna have to clean it up, ah want this place spotless, every piece of cake, frosting, and pie off them there walls, ya hear?" Applejack ordered, and within seconds another light blue pegasus appeared at her side.

"Did somepony say pie, I was just going to get Rarity her bath minerals from the spa and heard you say something about pie?" Soarin perked, almost prancing on the spot like a giddy colt.

Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes, before glaring at her wife. "You know just because we're married doesn't mean I'm your slave."

"Yer right about that, Dash. But if you want all the perks that come with this mare, ya gotta do as ah tells ya." Applejack winked, interrupting Rainbow's hover as her wings went stiff and she fell beside Pinkie Pie, cheeks burning.

"Another score for Pinkie Pie, you two are so perfect for each other it's unreal," Pinkie cheered, thrusting a hoof in the air before doubling over as her stomach grumbled. "Oh, okay, way too much cake!"

"You have to clean up pie, I can help with that, Rainbow. I always was faster at making them disappear then you," Soarin boasted.

"That's why you were over the weight limit five times in a row, Soarin!" Rainbow called back, and the stallion's ears folded as he bit his bottom lip.

"What, Spitfire shouldn't have brought so many, it's like she lives to mess with me," he muttered to himself.

Beside him, Applejack chuckled. "Knock yerself out, sugarcube, she could use all the help she can get," she told him, patting his withers.

"Good to see you have faith in me, AJ. Some things never change," Rainbow huffed before her wife once again called out.

"No problem, my little Dashie." The farm pony's teasing tone was insufferable enough to force Rainbow to sit up and glare again. "Oh, an' if it ain't done by the time ah'm back, then ya gotta clean the bathroom too."

Rainbow's eyes went wide as dinner plates, her wings flaring. Never before had she ever moved so fast.

Author's Note:

So as you can probably guess this is not the end, this story will be continued, hopefully in the near future, with a sequel.

As for this epilogue, while most of the relationships established in this story will be explored further, this was just a little fun. Having the characters in the pleases they were in at the end made this feel fitting.

Comments ( 22 )

Nice story. Does seem like the guilty party should be a bit more contrite. Looking forward to the sequel.

Sequel?
Look forward to it. :twilightsmile:

I really want Spike x Twilight.

9392163
Sounds good.

I'm looking forward to a sequel as well. Can't wait to see how Luna and Twilight's adventures in the dream realm go. If there is going to be an adventure.

I want to see Garble and the gangs try to seduce our new Dragoness of Friendship - only to get nightmare plague for weeks after that.

OH boy, cant wait for the sequel.

It’s weird seeing her as powerful etc in the dream realm effectively (at least power wise) downgrades her to dragon. I mean heck I am fairly sure flurry could take Drag-on twilight.

Great fic! Kept my attention throughout and I quite enjoyed it! Looking forwards to what you do from this point on!
Per your cover art and the sketch you posted on your blog, how large is dragon twilight compared to say, Pinkie Pie? I know Pinkie was standing on her chest in the last chapter but I'm not quite sure how big in my minds eye.

9395192 She's about double Luna's hight at the end. So almost three times bigger then Pinkie and the others.

Heh, not as kinky as most of yours I've read, but not bad. I look forward to Luna and Twilight's growing relationship.

Oh, and I hope we might be seeing a knock-ed up Luna as well.

Looking forward to the sequel! I hope you'll post an update here or, something like that, so we'll all know to follow the new story. Excited to see Luna and Twilight on their adventure.

I had moments that really worried me in this story. The term "Love Sickness" and the constant references to the Mane6 in relationships had me worried this would end up being a piece that attacked the idea of living, but not seeking out romantic love. I am glad to be proven wrong.

The story itself had numerous twists and turns and I want to congratulate you on masterfully capturing just how awkward Twilight was feeling. During the scene in the toilet, I literally had to look away multiple times, due to sympathy cringing. Likewise I enjoyed your Zecora, a character that is famously hard to write, as well as your use of the dreamscape to express Twilight's greatest fears.

However I felt that the story had issues in projecting the mental side of her affliction. The story very clearly favors a "Nature over Nurture" approach, at least during the Dragon Molt....but Twilight's lack of reaction to the second voice in her head, and the fact she considered the first voice normal meant that I didn't realize she was actively fighting her brain being re-written on more then just an instinctual level.

It isn't really till she meets Starlight in the cave that you really click that, "No, this isn't just Instincts, or her putting a voice to her dragon self....this is actively part of her trying to take over. Its not just Depression, a part of her is actually a Monster fighting to be free."

If she had reacted with some form of horror at its first appearance, it would likely have worked out better.

It would almost be nice if Luna had actually spelt out the costs of connecting to the Dreamscape. Being vague and Mysterious has works out VERY POORLY thus far for her, so the fact that she vaguely stated, "When one is as in touch with the realm of dreams as much as I, they forfeit some perks of the real world," without spelling it out, and then further did not give details when Twilight basically said, "We need to physically go to the realm of dreams" is just asking for Twilight to have the same problems as she.

Regardless of these minor issues, the story is most enjoyable and I can't wait for the Sequel.

9471342
Tell that to all the TwiSpike fics on this site.

Hey maybe make a story where twilight turns into a muscular strong anthro -like male dragon and enjoys being a male dragon. Its just a suggestion do not do it if you do not intend too.

9395607
I hope there is more to this story. Its one of the best story I have read.

Tags are Twilight Spike and Luna. Is this a Twiluna fic?

9758557 Kinda, though more in the sequel

Ok, I just finished this story. It is very well done, very well thought out, and very well written.

You got PurpleSmarts personality and mannerisms down perfectly. Thats my only problem. Every decision and action she made, irked the crap out of me. I can't hold that against you because that is EXACTLY how she would react in that situation, both as a prey animal in a predators body, and as a neurotic dealing with change.

Very, Very, well done.

The Monk
“To say that Twilight Sparkle went bugfuck would be like saying the Incredible Hulk had some mild anger management issues.” -DustTraveller

9763692
All I needed to know to read!

Loved this story, read it ages ago and came back to read it once again. Fantastic. Thank you for sharing

I'll definitely be reading the next story.... Eventually.


April 14

Login or register to comment