• Published 17th Dec 2018
  • 1,791 Views, 83 Comments

Remnant's Harmony: Volume 1 - Equestrian Defender



Four teens, two from Equestria and two born and raised on Remnant, join Beacon Academy in Vale to become Huntsmen and Huntresses. Together, they'll face the darkness and strive to bring Harmony to Remnant.

  • ...
4
 83
 1,791

Twilight Trailer

Our lights will shine in the darkness.

Like the stars in the night sky.

-Downtown Vale: The BAD Part of Town-

The night was quiet, the sky clear save for Remnant's shattered moon. The streets were clear, devoid of any sign of life save for the occasional poor soul driving home after working the night shift. This was the usual status quo for this part of town.

Tonight though, things were different.

A large semi-truck was rolling down the street, driven by two men wearing matching outfits: white suits with blue ties and blue-tinted sunglasses. Even though it was past seven p.m., so that was kind of pointless.

The guy on the left asked "You sure we got the right address?"

The guy on the right groaned. "For the last time, yes. We have the right address."

"Just making sure. You know what the boss'll do to us if we get the wrong place again."

"Tell me about it. Remember what happened to the last guy who screwed up too many times?"

"Poor sap still kind find his middle finger."

Unknown to the duo, a lone figure was falling them from the rooftops. They darted from rooftop to rooftop, making sure to stay close enough not to lose sight of the truck, but far back enough they wouldn't be seen in the truck's mirrors.

On closer inspection, the figure was a young girl of about sixteen years old. She wore black boots with dark purple laces, black pants, and a black and purple jacket with a purple hood. Strapped to each of her forearms were purple metallic bracers, while strapped to her back was a mechanized quiver filled with thirty-six arrows. Between that and the belt was a special sheath which held her weapon, Midnight Shadow, in its double-edged short sword form.

Eventually the truck came to its destination, backing up to the loading dock of a warehouse owned by the Schnee Dust Company. The figure stopped and pulled her hood down, revealing her pale face and violet eyes. Her hair came down to her chin and was dark indigo with two stripes; one pink and one a mulberry color. Sticking out of her hair were two pony ears, marking her as a Pony Faunus.

Her Scroll vibrated, which she fished out from her pants. Answering it she asked "What is it, Spike?"

A young boy of about 12 replied "Just wanted to remind you that your date's at 8 o'clock sharp."

A look at her Scroll said it was now 7:15 PM. "Thanks for the reminder. Don't worry. This'll be quick."

"Just be careful out there Twilight. I'd hate to have to tell your girlfriend that you can't make it because you got shot. Again."

"Careful is my middle name. Bye Spike." She hung up her Scroll, a small smile on her face. Whether Remnant or Equestria, he worries about me. Some things never change.

Pulling out Midnight Shadow she pushed a button on the pommel and her sword transformed into a bladed recurve bow. Tapping one of the buttons on the handle, a mechanism in her quiver pushed up one of the arrows above the rest. With practiced ease she pulled out the arrow, which had a Lightning Dust arrowhead. Nocking it, she drew her bow and aimed at the building.

Specifically, the junction box on the wall.


-Inside the building: A Few Minutes Earlier-

Inside the building the duo of thugs had joined up with the rest of the gang, including one man who stood out from the rest. He was tall and incredibly muscular, wearing an immaculate white suit with a blue undershirt and tie. His skin was a ghostly white while his eyes short hair were blood red, common traits of albinism. He looked at the two and smiled. "Glad to see you boys found the right place this time. Wouldn't want you to end up like poor Lonnie, am I right?" Seeing the two of them nod, he said "Now help your brothers take inventory of the goods."

One of the other thugs opened a crate to inspect the contents. Lined up on a rack inside were several assault rifles, bearing the insignia of the Atlesian Military. "That's five crates full of Atlesian Assault Rifles."

Another thug added "And five crates of Dust ammo. Order's all here boss."

The boss smiled and replied "Which means we now have the means to topple the old regime." He looked to the rest of them and continued "Get the merchandise on board the truck. It's time we show Torchwick and Junior that we own this city."

One of the men immediately replied "Got it, Mister Stone."

At that moment the lights began to flicker and brigthen, before finally they went out and plunged the area into darkness.

As they began turning on their flashlights, one of the men asked "What just happened?"

"Damn building's old as shit. Something must've tripped the circuit break-"

THUD!

"The hell was that?!"

"It came from outside!"

"WILL YOU IDIOTS BE QUIET!?" As silence reigned, Mr. Stone continued "Obviously we aren't alone." Motioning to two of his men, he commanded "Check outside. Find anyone with a badge, ghost 'em. You find anyone without a badge, ghost 'em anyway.

"Can do."

"Yes sir."


On the roof of the building Twilight watched as two men in white suits came out with weapons drawn. One man was holding a simple revolver, the other was holding a pump action shotgun. Both had flashlights on their guns. Shotgun pointed to the left and said "You go that way, I'll take this way."

Revolver simply nodded, going his way while Shotgun circled the other way. Twilight followed Revolver, holding out her right bracer and hooking her finger through a small ring on the side. Aiming the bracer at the man's neck, she pulled the ring and with a barely audible FWIT! a two inch violet dart shot out of the hidden launcher. The man registered a slight pain in his neck and pulled out the dart, but by then the contents had already been delivered. As the tranquilizer entered his bloodstream he found it harder to keep his eyes open, before finally surrendering to Morpheus and hitting the ground.

Moving quickly towards Shotgun, she found that he'd discovered her Lightning Dust arrow in the junction box. He was just about to pull it out when she made her move, nailing him in the neck with another one of her Sleep Darts. As he went down she climbed up the roof to one of the sky lights. Carefully opening it, she saw that the area was mostly dark save for a few scattered flashlights. Wanting to get a better idea of what she was up against, she decided to activate her Semblance.

Her eyes, which now had a slight purple glow, could now see in the dark as if it were a brightly lit day. She didn't even have to look through the skylight, as she could see the silhouetted forms of the men who were behind cover. She immediately took note of their positions. Three on the rafters with assault rifles, two at both doors with shotguns, two guarding the truck also with shotguns, three with the crates of weapons and Dust ammo with pistols. And then there's the boss himself and he doesn't seem to have any weapons.

A plan had already formed in her head and she tapped a button on her bow, her quiver giving her a smoke bomb arrow. She shot the arrow into the middle of the warehouse, the whole room being filled with dark obscuring smoke and a whole lot of curses from her opponents. Teleporting in a quick flash of purple light, she appeared behind one of the men in the rafters. She quickly disarmed him before slugging him in the face and throwing him over the railing, crashing into one of the crates below. He was bruised and maybe a little bleeding, but his painful moans told her he was still alive. She moved quickly, nocking and firing another trick arrow towards one of the other men in the rafters. This one released several metallic cables on contact, which wrapped around him and bound his arms to his sides, before the magnets activated and yanked him down to the metal catwalk, trapping him there. The other man tried to shoot at her vague form that he could barely make out with the smoke, but a regular arrow knocked the rifle from his hands before she lunged at him. Two jabs and a kick to his midsection that sent him flying into a wall and he was down for the count. Now for the rest.

On the ground Mr. Stone didn't know what was happening. When his two guys didn't come back he worried that they might've caught the attention of a Hunter. Now, somebody had filled the room with smoke and he could hear his men being attacked by someone or something. He tried calling out to them but every time one was about to answer they were cut off. Deciding to cut his losses he ran towards one of the windows, his skin giving off a barely noticeable glow as his Aura activated. He then smashed through the glass and thin metal strips, emerging completely unharmed. He continued to run, hoping to make it to his hideout before whoever was in the warehouse took out the rest of his guys.

Only to be stopped in his tracks as an arrow whistled past his ear, embedding itself in the ground in front of him. Slowly turning around, he saw our heroine with her bow at the ready, an arrow with what looked like a taser already nocked. Her face hidden by her hood, she growled "Lincoln Stone. You have failed this city!"

She released her arrow but to her shock he swiftly grabbed the taser arrow just inches from hitting his face. He promptly snapped it in half before charging at her, moving pretty quickly for such a large man. He said "You're gonna need to do better than that, girly."

Instead of pulling out another arrow, she transformed Midnight Shadow back into its sword form and ducked under his swing, bringing her sword across the back of his leg. But to her surprise while it cut his pant's leg it didn't draw blood or break the skin. He turned around to strike her, but she dodged his strikes and slashed at his arm. But again, her blade tore his clothes but not his skin. He then grabbed her blade and punched her in the stomach, which frankly felt like she got hit by a truck. He then tossed her over his shoulder like she was a sack of potatoes, with her landing hard on the cement. Shrugging off the pain, she quickly got to her feet and faced Stone. Changing Midnight Shadow to bow form she pulled an Ice Dust arrow and shot it at him. It hit him in the shoulder and coated his arm and part of his face with ice.

But then she saw his skin start to turn to a stone-line substance before he easily broke the ice with a flex of his arm. He then smashed the ice on his face with his fist. "You just ruined my favorite suit. Now you're gonna die."

He charged at her like a rampaging bull, but she shot an arrow that exploded with a green cloud that blinded him. She then ducked and slid between his legs, shooting two magnetic cable arrows at his back and legs. As he was wrapped up, the magnets activated and he found himself yanked up against a lamp post with his feet off the ground. He began trying to break his bonds, but found his strength leaving him and his eyes growing heavy. "Y-you... H-how?"

Smiling, she said "Tranquilizer Gas arrow. For those guys who have Auras or Semblances like yours that make your skin impermeable. Or if I wanna save my Tranq Darts and take out multiple guys at once." Transforming her weapon back to sword form and putting it in its sheathe she added "Give my regards to the cops. They should be here before too long."


"And then I ran off right before he passed out" Twilight said, taking a bite out of her pizza. "Poor guy didn't have enough time to even curse."

It was about half an hour later and she had managed to make it to her date on time. She was dressed in her usual clothes; a purple turtleneck, and indigo skirt over purple stockings, as well as simple black shoes.

Sunset Shimmer smiled before taking a sip of her soda. "So, the Purple Archer takes down another wannabe arms dealer and helps keep the streets safer." She sighed nostalgically and said "To think, it feels like it was only yesterday that you asked me to teach you how to use a sword."

"That was almost two years ago, Sunny." She then beamed and said "But it definitely helped us grow closer."

Sunset couldn't help but beam at that, her hand slowly wrapping around Twilight's. "Yeah. And then six months ago you finally asked me out."

Flashing her a playful smile, Twilight replied "No, YOU asked ME, remember?"

Smirking, she shook her head. "No, I-"

Whatever she was about to say was cut off my Twilight leaning across the table and giving her a quick kiss straight on her lips. They held it for a few minutes before separating, Twilight smiling and asking "What about now?"

A light blush on her face, Sunset decided to concede. "Yeah, it was me."

"Good."

Author's Note:

At the time of publishing this chapter, it's Christmas. So consider this a Christmas Present.

Anyway, Twilight's character, weapon, and fighting style are based on Clint Barton/Hawkeye from the MCU and Oliver Queen/Green Arrow from the CW's Arrow. You can probably guess from this one quote.

And yes, Sunset and Twilight are in a relationship. If you don't like it, don't read it.

Oh, and Lincoln Stone? He's not done in my story yet. Not by a long shot. Stay tuned.