• Published 25th Feb 2021
  • 1,389 Views, 18 Comments

A New Destiny: Wrath of the Elders - Pen Dragon



Six month have passed since Lord Suicune appeared in Equestria, and he has begun to find a place amongst the ponies. However, the Elders haven't given up on their hunt for the pokemon and now have a means to bring him home through the death god....

  • ...
2
 18
 1,389

I. The Arrival

I. The Arrival


After several meetings with the nobles of Canterlot, Princess Celestia was finally able to get some peace and quiet. She couldn’t help but groan in annoyance as she rubbed the temples of her head with her hooves. With the arrival of these creatures from another world appearing across Equestria, her little ponies getting caught in the crossfire, and struggling to convince the Legendary Pokemon, Suicune to return to his realm had finally taken a toll on the Princess of the Sun.

‘I have lived longer than any other being here in Equestria, I understand what my duty is here and yet after all this time. I can’t understand this creature at all. Lord Suicune, from what Kindle and Spear have told me, he is one of several beings that rule the realm of the Displaced and is one of the oldest amongst them. Many consider him a god, but he abandoned them to live in exile here. Why Equestria? Why leave the kingdom you’ve spent thousands of years building, only to leave it?’ She thought to herself as she made her way outside the castle, greeting a few of her maids that were on break and making her way towards the castle gardens, having a few guards stationed outside the entrance to prevent anypony from disturbing her. It was the one place she truly felt at peace.

‘Despite our last encounter with one another, he hasn’t caused any kind of commotion, even managing to blend in with my little ponies and I can’t force him to leave without him resisting. The last thing I want is a fight that could lead to my little ponies getting hurt. Not to mention, there’s no point in forcing him if he hasn’t committed any crimes against Equestria.’ It was something the princess struggled to figure out as she didn’t want to fight Lord Suicune again, but she knew the longer he stayed there, the more of his kind would appear and cause mayhem. All Celestia needed was a way to convince him to return to his home peacefully.

However, the answer to all her problems stood hidden within the hedges of the garden.

*Crack*

Celestia whipped her head towards the direction she heard the sound come from. Her horn started to glow as she took a defensive position. “I don’t know who you are, but I can tell from the foreign magic that you possess is not Equestrian. So step out into the light and reveal yourself?” Celestia asked, not taking her eyes away from where the intruder was hiding.

Or at least, that was what she had thought. For when she moved her head closer, she found nothing but a broken pot on the ground that held a rose that had yet to bloom. The alicorn thought that was the least of her troubles… though, when she looked back at the flower, she then saw that the roots were somehow moving on its own. Sinking into the earth as the small rose now began to expand farther. Months of nurture and care for the flowers happening over the course of seconds.

And it was not just the rose, but the entirety of the garden as well, “What in the world?”

Then, she heard what sounded like a hoofstep come from an overgrown canopy on the far edge of the garden that faced away from the city. Once again, the princess was quick to have her magic ready. Though, this time, her actions were met with a voice.

There’s no need for hostility.

From the corner of her eye, Celestia saw what looked to be a dear. Yet, their appearance was unlike that of other dears that she had seen. They were taller and their antlers looked more like the combined branches of a tree as the grass and flora around them was brimming with life.

“I did not come here to fight. I only wish to speak with you. However, the nature of the matter in which I wish to discuss meant that I needed to speak with you alone. Pray, forgive my secrecy.”

Celestia raised a brow, the aura of her horn dissipating as she calmly approached this stranger, seeing how she meant no real harm. “It is alright, do forgive me, for I have been on edge as of late. I wasn’t expecting somepony to be here at this hour. Let alone a stranger from another world.”

“I see,” the figure replied, “Though, before I continue any further, allow me the courtesy to introduce myself. My name is Xerneas, though where I’m from, they call me the giver of life. It’s a pleasure to meet you.”

“The pleasure is all mine, I am Princess Celestia, ruler of Equestria. I take it you are looking for other Displaced beings from your world, correct?”

“That is one way of phrasing it,” Xerneas replied, “Though, to be more specific, I’m only looking for one particular creature. Someone who’s … you might say, an old flame. However, their most recent endeavours have tipped the scales of balance between life and death. I came here to correct that, and I believe you can help me.”

“I believe the two of us will be able to help each other indeed Mrs. Xerneas. For you see, two others from your world have explained the situation to me. Lord Suicune is here, and I’d prefer it if he left peacefully, but has constantly refused to return to your world. More of your kind continue to appear in Equestria and the main reason seems to alway revolve around him. I’d like to ask for your help to convince him.” Celestia explained to her, giving the pokemon a smile in response.

Xerneas just let in a deep breath, before looking back to the princess, “I am aware of the situation with Lord Suicune. In fact, he’s the very reason as to why I am here. Though, that is only one out of the two that you mentioned. Do you happen to know anything about the other two displaced, you mentioned? Those that I work closely with aren’t particularly fond of… well… loose ends and I wish to make sure that the matter is resolved quickly and peacefully.”

“Kindle and Spear are two Absols sent by your superiors and have been trying to assist me in capturing others that seem to appear and attack my subjects. If you could, I’d prefer that they remain in my care for the time being, they’ll hopefully be able to return home as soon as Suicune is brought in.” Celestia answered.

“I will allow that… Though, I would like to see the two of them first and have them inform me of the most recent efforts of their search, if you don’t mind. It must’ve been some time since they last had someone see them that didn’t try to hurt them.”

The princess nodded, before having the pokemon follow her inside the castle, passing by Luna’s night guard to the quarters that she had set aside for the two absols. With a flicker of magic, the door opened as both of the Absols were sitting across from each other, playing with a deck of cards, before turning to find Princess Celestia standing by their door.

“Your majesty! What brings you here at this hour?” Kindle asked, grinning before accidentally knocking over the deck of cards all over the floor, causing her mate to groan in annoyance.

“I am here to actually bring someone who is from your world who says she’s here to assist in bringing Lord Suicune in. I believe you might have heard of her.” Celestia replied, turning to Xerneas who saw that as her cue to enter. “Xerneas, these are the two I spoke to you about.”

“L-Lady Xerneas?! W-We didn’t think we’d see you here!?” Kindle shouted, shocked at seeing the tall deer standing before them.

“The pleasure is mine,” Xerneas insisted, before turning to Celestia, “If I may, your majesty, may I speak with them in private? I want to make sure that all three of us are ‘on the same page’, as they say.”

“Very well, I’ll leave you three alone for the time being. It is that time for me to set the sun so my sister may raise the moon. Lady Xerneas, do come find me as soon as you are done talking with the two. I’d like your opinion on something.” Celestia explained, her horn glowing as she opened the door once more, waiting for the Pokemon’s response.

“I’ll be sure to join you,” she replied with a smile before looking away from the door. However, to the two absols in the room, once the door was closed shut, that smile immediately died and was replaced with a stern and threatening glare at the two of them. “… What… do you two think you’re doing?”

“W-wha-?”

Before either Absol had the chance to speak, roots emerged from the floor and yanked them to the ground, pinning them to the floor, “Do you two think that this is just a game to you? A traitor to our cause runs rampant around this world and yet you sit here playing games,” she sternly retorted, “Your failures have not only let our quarry know that we’re looking for him, but have him on edge!”

“Lady Xerneas, please hear what we have to say-” Spear began, but was quickly silenced by the larger pokemon.

“Give me one good reason why.”

“It wasn’t our fault!” Kindle spoke next, “Ronan the Accuser was the one who made him aware that we arrived here. He knows that others are hunting for him now, and we were tasked with bringing him in peacefully! Please, you must understand!”

There was a bit of silence at first, but then, Xerneas looked towards Kindle, “Oh I understand… and I understand that your efforts to do so failed from the looks of it,” she told them, “Though, if Ronan was the one that tipped him off, then who do you serve? For all I know, you're probably in line with that genocidal kree that hunts others like us just for mere sport.”

“Lord Yasha sent us here… my lady.” Spear spoke, catching the attention of the majestic deer. “We would never cross our master!”

“Did he now?” Xerneas replied, “Funny you mention that, because Lord Yasha was the one that sent me here and provided me the opportunity to reclaim the blessing that was stripped from me all those years ago,” The deer closed her eyes, before releasing the two Absols, “If your word is true, then I have a proposition for you two.”

After being released, Kindle was the first to stand up, trying her best not to glare at her fellow displaced. “W-What do you want from us?” she asked.

“Simple… we all have the same goal, so I propose a partnership,” Xerneas told her, “You help me capture Lord Suicune and I’ll be sure to put in a good word for the two of you to Lord Yasha. You’ll be able to have a life free of conflict and be able to be within each other's company for all of eternity.”

Though, while that sounded promising, the deer was not finished, “Though, if I see him and find one scratch on him from either of you… no amount of prayer or pleas of forgiveness will sate my anger. You are to find him, but not fight him. The two of you would not stand a chance by yourselves against an elder… You leave that to me.”

As she finished, Xerneas had one last question, “Do we have an agreement?”

The two Absols nodded, causing the life giver to smirk before making her way out of their room. Leaving the two to both agree on one thing about the Legendary Pokemon.

“She’s such a bitch!” Kindle shouted.

Author's Note:

Hey guys, sorry if this chapter is a bit shorter than the previous chapters, but I hope all enjoy it. Have a good day. :pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy: