• Published 16th Nov 2018
  • 940 Views, 8 Comments

Rumble Grumble - DakariKingMykan



Rumble, from Marks and Recreation, attends Twilight's school but he doesn't seem willing to make friends

  • ...
55
 8
 940

Intro: New Student

INTRO

The students were all chattering away at their desks, some were even throwing paper planes around, including Gallus, he hit Smolder in the cheek and laughed softly.

“Oh, I’m going to get you for that.” Smolder teased, but before she could launch her counterattack, Twilight Sparkle came into the room and called the class to order, and all the students quieted down.

“Listen up, Every Creature,” she announced “I’d like to introduce a student joining us today. This is Rumble.” she motioned at the little pony standing next to her.

Rumble was a young Pegasus colt with a light gray colt, with a dark gray man with a light streak across it, and he had no cuitemark. However, he didn’t look very pleased to be there and had a sour look on his face.

“Hey!” Sandbar hollered “Isn’t your brother Thunderlane the Wonderbolt.”

Rumble sighed and answered, “Yes, he is.”

Twilight noted cynicism in his voice, but she maintained her positive attitude, “Anyways. Welcome to the School of Friendship, Rumble.” Then she addressed the students “I hope you all do your best to make him feel welcome here.”

Rumble then proceeded forth to take a seat.

“Ooh, ooh… you sit near Yona.” Yona offered, but Rumble just walked past her not even thanking her for the offer.

Other students offered him the desks or seats next to them, but Rumble chose his seat in the back corner of the room away from all the students, much to their and Twilight’s confusion.

“Okay…” Twilight said “Let’s get into our work. Since Rumble is new here today, I think for today’s assignment, Every Creature should write a one-page essay on what kind of friends you want to have.”

The students all eagerly got out clean sheets of paper and started writing their essays.

Some were even softly thinking out loud-- Silversteam especially. “What kind of friends do I want? Hmmmm… Happy friends… Playful friends… Fun friends…? Why not all of them…!”

As she continued to write, Rumble had already gotten up from his seat and turned in his essay.

“You’re finished already?” asked Ocellus.

“Yes!” sneered Rumble “Anything wrong with that?”

Ocelleus felt almost threated, but Rumble had already gone back to his seat and sulked, much to the students’ and Twilight’s growing concerns.

Twilight wanted to look at Rumble’s essay straight away, but other students were finishing their assignments and eagerly handing them in making a pile on her desk.

“Knock-Knock…” came a voice at the open door, it was Starlight Glimmer “More friendship essays?”

Twilight nodded, “Yes, would you take them to my office please for immediate grading?”

Starlight agreed, and took the assignments with her, but she noticed the new student, Rumble, sitting all by himself and not looking very happy the way he was just sitting there with a bored expression and casually tracing his hoof in circles around his desk.

Starlight began to have her suspicions about him.