• Published 7th Feb 2019
  • 677 Views, 10 Comments

The Mysterious Vigilante - Bookworm217



Twilight wasn't able to stop Starlight, now she is trapped in the war between King Sombra.

  • ...
6
 10
 677

Chapter 2-Past and Present-Shining Armor

Past: Once apon a time, there was a young colt who had gained a sister. Normally, siblings fight. Some fight a lot, but this colt never had a fight with his sister. They did everything together. They flew kites together, shared their dreams together. That colt's name was Shining Armor. He loved his sister and his sister loved him. That was, until 17 years ago, when his sister was killed by one of Sombra's followers. The Crystal War had began years earlier, Princess Celestia had told all of Equestria. She told the story of the Crystal Empire and its 1,000 year disappearance. She told us that the Crystal Empire was not supposed to return for another 17 years, but now there was nothing they could do except fight to regain control of the Empire through force. That little colt was 9 years old. His sister was six.

Current Day:

"Stand Hut!"

About fifty cadets shut up and form lines almost immediately. Even though they are standing completely motionless, I can literally feel their fear. I smile at this. It means that they are paying attention.

As Captain of the Royal Guard, I have to train the cadets for an hour every week. Its in this hour that I can observe them to see who will be a good member of the guard.

"Welcome cadets!" I shout. " Canterlot's Royal Guard is a strong, powerful guard, one of the best. If you want to be a member, you will have to work hard and show your dedication. Not everyone is cut out for this, and some ponies WILL dismissed. Any questions?" I waited a second. Nobody moved.

I nodded, surveying the crowd. My eyes landed on a bright colored pegasus. He was shorter than the rest, his coat was yellow and his mane was blue. His eyes were light green. He seemed a little off though. I decided to look into it later, since my time was almost up.

"Alright, find your instructors!" I shout again. "Next week the real work begins!"

I leave the training area, walk through the archway and into the castle. I have a hearing with the Princess in 20 minutes about Equestria's next move against the Empire.

I go to my study and grab a single scroll. It contains a play that I spend hours working on, hoping that it would push the Crystal Empire back. As I grab the scroll, my eyes land on a photo of Twilight. I shake my head and hurry out of the room, not wanting to remember anything about that fateful day.

Comments ( 5 )

9446076
Just saying about my thought this new character.
It's a new and your comment section is empty.:pinkiegasp:

Should be intriguing.

Login or register to comment