• Published 23rd Nov 2018
  • 1,403 Views, 10 Comments

Through a Mirror Darkly - Dreadnought



Pinkamena Diane Pie must face her greatest adversary - Pinkie Pie.

  • ...
1
 10
 1,403

Chapter 4

“Are you sure about this?” asked Twilight.

“Eeyup,” said Applejack without hesitation.

Twilight turned to Pinkamena, “Are you ready... again?”

She turned to Applejack, who gave an encouraging nod. “Yes.”

Ding-a-ling! rang the bell over the front door as the three entered Sugarcube Corner.

“Pinkie?” called Twilight.

“Sugarcube, ya here?” hollered Applejack.

The door to the kitchen swung open, revealing Pinkie Pie wearing dirty clothes as her hoof wrapped around the handle of a mop. “Twilight! Applejack! Pink –”

Pinkamena stepped forward, “Hello Pinkie Pie.”

Pinkie Pie approached the alicorn and stood silently before her counterpart.

“Pinkie, I wanted to say I am sorry –” She stopped as the earth pony took her in a tight embrace.

“No, I’m sorry. I had no idea what happened until Twilight told me. I should have been a better listener.”

Pinkamena returned the hug. “And I should not have lost my temper. Would you like help cleaning up?”

Stepping back, she said, “Yes.... And maybe you can tell me more about you?”

“Of course,” said Pinkamena, following her counterpart to the kitchen. “And perhaps later, you can show me how to bake a cake.”

“I’d like that.”

The two disappeared into the kitchen.

“I hope things go well,” said Twilight, anxiousness pervading her voice.

Applejack smiled. “Those two will be alright.”

Author's Note:

Thanks for reading! I hoped you enjoyed the story. Be sure to check back. Next month I'll be publishing my second sequel to Rainbow Dash Comes Out of the Closet and, if I have time, a Christmas themed story! Everyone have a good, safe, Black Friday!

Dreadnought

Comments ( 8 )

To be honest, while this was good, it would have probably worked better as a longer story in my opinion.

9310638

Honestly, I would have preferred to make Timeless a longer story. But alas, time was short and I wrote what I could. As for this story, I was just happy to have the time to write as much as I did.

Dreadnought

Huk

It felt like the beginning of something much longer... The ending was a bit bittersweet for me due to lack of completion (I realize that was probably intentional due to time constraints you mentioned)...

Anyway, good story :twilightsmile: - however, I'm not sure about the comedy tag... :rainbowhuh: I found it more on the sad side - but perhaps that's only me.

9316061
Hmmm good, or Hmmm bad?

9316172
Well, I kind of remember that happening. So maybe hmmmm good?

9738442
Thanks for your interest. The original story, Timeless, was written quickly for a contest deadline. This story, on the other hand, was written over a much longer period of time. I felt I had an interesting story to tell and I wanted to be able to fully flesh it out.

I must admit that I have been kicking around a few ideas for another story in this series. The problem has been two-fold. First, I have a number of stories already in the process of being written (currently three). Second, I have a really great idea, but it is more of a part IV or part V. I feel there should be something in between that I should write before I introduce an unexpected twist. Well, I'm headed to BronyCon, so maybe I'll get some inspiration there.

Dreadnought

Sequel?

Login or register to comment