• Published 9th Aug 2012
  • 1,456 Views, 49 Comments

Semper Fidelis - Perception Filter

  • ...
3
 49
 1,456

Chapter 3

Chapter 2

A/N Well, sorry for the long wait....again.

“She’s not here.” Said Rainbow Dash

“Oh no. Oh no, oh nonononononononononononono. This is bad, really, REALLY bad girls.” Responded Twilight with nervous hopping session. “This is BAD!”

“Twilight, loosen up. We can find her. We just have to do it before the eternal night hinders our food production and we all starve to death.” Twilights eyes went to pinpricks. She flinched a couple times and her mane was becoming disheveled and she started giggling maniacally.

“Rainbow, what in tarnation what were you thinking sayin’ that to her?” Said Applejack voicing her flying friends mistake.

“Don’t worry Applejack, I have the perfect solution.” Said Twilight in a maniacal voice. “First, we are going to go back to the library, and then I am going to create a cloning machine. We will then clone Nightmare Moon and use the elements on her! It’s foolproof!”

“Uhhhh, sugarcube I don’t think that’ll wo-”

“FOOLPROOF!” She shouted and sprinted out of the castle back towards Ponyville, giggling all the way.

“Ugh, I’ll go get her.” Said Rainbow Dash as she flew away after her mentally unstable friend.

~~~~~~~

“TWO MONTHS?!”

“Sir, can you please calm down. I assure you that-”

“TWO GODDAMN MONTHS?” The doctor sighed.

“Sir, there is nothing you can do about it. I would implore you to calm down. The blood results should be back momentarily and we can find out if you can take that mask off.”

“Hey buddy, screw you. I am taking this thing off whether you like it or not.” He said, and undid the straps and pulled it off, ignoring the doctors loud complaints. After doing nothing for a moment, he took a deep breath and sighed heavily.

“See? I told you it would be fine...God you horses don’t listen.”

“We are ponies.” The doctor said repeated for what must have been the 20th time in the past hour.

“Whatever, just leave me alone.” Doctor Stable huffed in annoyance and trotted out. Clifton sighed in relief. Now maybe he could get some sleep. He was still on his guard after what his ‘friend’ had told him. Apparently they were ponies. He had called one of them a horse when he had remembered the word, and they were getting all uptight about it.

He sighed and moved around as much as he could with all of his casts, and closed his eyes for a rest. He was just about to feel the gentle hands of sleep overtaking him when he heard some voices arguing in the room across from his. He grumbled in annoyance and tried to go back to sleep when they kicked it into overdrive.

“GODDAMNIT, I AM TRYING TO SLEEP! SHUT THE HELL UP!” He screamed and the yelling stopped. He grumbled again and tried to get back to sleep. After another five minutes of uninterrupted, blissful silence, he heard his door open.

“Sir, we have been getting complaints from the other patients about a large amount of screaming coming from this room.” Said a nurse as she walked in.

“I don’t give a fuck, I was trying to get the people across from me to she the hell up.”

“That’s no excuse sir, if you don’t stop yelling I am going to have to sedate you.”

“Take one more goddamn step and I will strangle you with my good arm.” The nurse stepped back in hesitance and he closed his eyes again. He heard a slowly fading trotting and he knew he could finally get some sleep.

“Somepony is here to see you.”

Fuck.’ He thought.

~~~~~~~
Earlier...

“SPIKE!” Yelled Twilight bursting through the door.

“What is it Twilight?” Responded a small purple and green dragon.

“I need you to go down to the basement and hook up the Quantum Harmonizer and hook it up to the Photonic Resonation Chamber.”

“But Twilight, didn’t you say not to do that? Something about parabolic destabilization of the fission singularity?”

“Well up yours too Spike!” She yelled and ran down to the basement. Spike shrugged off her last words after looking at her mane and the crazed look in her eyes. Not 3 seconds later, Rainbow Dash flew through the door with a very nonchalant look on her face.

“Sup Spike.”

“Oh hey Rainbow, are you looking for Twilight?”

“Yup.” He jerked his thumb over his shoulder towards the basement.

“Thanks.” She said as she zoomed towards the door.

“WAIT! MY PINKIE SENSE IS GOING OFF.” Shouted Pinkie as she broke down the door, but it was too late. Rainbow Dash tried to slow down at the last second but it was inevitable. The door to Twilights basement slammed open and made a Rainbow Dash pancake against the wall.

“Oooooh! Girls, I’m glad you’re here, we need some DNA samples from Nightmare Moon.” Said Twilight, her head twitching with every word until it was almost a full 180 degrees upside down.

“Uhhh, Twilight, I don’t think that cloning Nightmare Moon will work.” Said Pinkie with an unsure smile adorning her face.

“Wait, that’s why you needed to hook up the Quantum Harmonizer to the Photonic Resonation Chamber?” Asked Spike out loud.

“Wait! You can’t do that! It would cause a parabolic destabilization of the fission singularity!” Pinkie stated.

“I know, that’s what I said.”

“QUIET! We need a way to stop Nightmare Moon, and I don’t see you coming up with any bright ideas.” Twilight practically screamed.

“Well cloning her isn’t going to work sugarcube.” Said Applejack as she walked in the door with Rarity and Fluttershy.

“Then what are we supposed to do?” She asked in defeat and slumped down onto the floor.

“I don’t know dear, but we will figure something out. We MUST! For EQUESTRIA!” Said Rarity, waving her hooves about for dramatic effect.

“Well what if we asked the creature?” Suggested Fluttershy in a small voice, but as usual, she was drowned out by everyone else.

“But Rarity, we don’t even know where she is. How do you suggest we stop her?”

“Uhm, girls, I have an idea.”

“Well, as always the first step is to track her down.”

“Girls...”

“But we already checked the castl-”

“GIRLS!” Fluttershy finally shouted and got everypony’s attention. When everyone looked at her, she shrunk behind her mane.

“Well, I was just kinda thinking that, you know if it’s okay, we could check with that creature. If it’s okay with you.”

“Ugghhh, my head.” Groaned a certain rainbow colored pegasus as she got up.

“Oh, there you are Rainbow Dash, I didn’t see you there.” Said Twilight.

“That’s because you slammed me against the wall when you opened the door.” She grumbled under her breath.

“Well, we are going to the hospital.”

“OH, are we going to see the alien! He is sooooo awesome!” She said, and without waiting for a response she zoomed out the door.

~~~~~~~

“Fine send ‘em in.” After only a few seconds had passed, did one of the horses with wings flew in the door, and stopped, hovering right in front of his face.

“You mind backing the hell off?” The pegasus’ enormous smile instantly wilted into a frown and she backed away a bit. She just hovered there, staring at him with a small frown.

“...”

“...”

“Is there something you want?” Clifton finally asked.

“Well, I was going to ask you about you but the doctor says you lost your memory.”

“If you don’t have anything important leave. I want to sleep.”

“No wait! I was gonna ask you if you know where Nightmare Moon is.” He regarded her with a unamused stare and a uplifted eyebrow. He stayed like that for a few seconds before the horse did a facepalm (Facehoof?) and explained.

“Nightmare Moon is an evil pony who wants to shroud the land in eternal night.”

“And?”

“Annndddd, we need to know where she is.”

“Sorry, no clue. Now leave me alone.”

“Well fine, be that way.” She said with a frustrated huff and zoomed out.

‘Maybe I can get some sleep now.’ He thought. Oh boy was he wrong.