• Published 31st Jan 2019
  • 430 Views, 7 Comments

Hopeful - SC14

  • ...
 7
 430

Meeting the crusaders

You look out over the town, thinking about how nice this town looks, 'Maybe it won't be so bad here' You think As you And your mom start to walk off the platform and make your way into town you hear someone yell "WATCH OUT!!!" you look over and see an orange Pegasus on a scooter that is pulling a wagon coming at you at full speed, you do not have time to think before the scooter collides with you.

"ahh" you groan in pain as you struggle to get off the ground as everything hurts you manage to get to you're feet and stagger around for a bit before deciding to walk over and help the orange filly off the ground.

"I'm sorry" She nonchalantly states as you help her off the ground as you make eye contact with her for a brief moment and you notice how beautiful her eyes are, but then you realize that you are staring and holding her hoof in yours, you look away and drop her hoof when you realize your mistake.

"It's fine" you state smoothly, which was surprising for you considering the situation when you look at her again realize that she is blushing you wondered why she is blushing, but you just assume it is just you're amazing charisma

She then out of nowhere she just walks over to her scooter gives her friends' a quiet "not a word" and then starts to ride off slowly

You decide to be bold and yell out to her "no goodbye then?" as excepted you get no response you smile to yourself, you smile slowly fades as you realize you just went through that entire altercation in front of you're mom which means relentless teasing from her, as you slowly turn to face her you pick up on the smug grin on her face, you decide it is acceptable to shoot her you're own "not a word" of which you are positive will go in one ear and out the other but hey it was worth a shot.

"Hey," she says defensively "I just think it is cute that my baby is falling in love" She gave a snide laugh at the end for effect,

"Ugh, mom! I just met her and don't know her" You say in an annoyed tone she giggles as you guys start to walk into town, as you are walking you keep thinking over the situation, You couldn't help but think on how different her friends reactions were, On the one hand, her yellow earth pony friend had a smug smile similar to you're moms, but on the other hand the white unicorn had a weird sad almost...Jealous? the expression on her face you couldn't tell, but what you could tell it was a little weird, maybe she was in a bad mood? Maybe she got like bullied before or something? you didn't have a good answer to that question, but you did know that you wanted to at least try to be friends with them... they were your best chance at this point.

"What's wrong" you're mom asks "Thinking about your girlfriend" She gives another snide laugh as you groan at her remark, you could tell she was proud of herself.

You want to know why she is on your back all of the sudden, probably because you guys were arguing so much over the weekend, you decided to be smart about it and say "yeah totally" In the most sarcastic tone you could muster.,

"Don't you use that tone with me mister?" she says in a mock Stern tone "You should have seen the way she was looking at you all dreamy and stuff, not to mention how she was holding your hoof?" she says in a surprisingly serious tone.

"Mom I know I was staring at her too, and Again I just met her," You say, after giving it some thought and decide to tell her about that look that white unicorn had on her face "And you should've seen that look in her unicorn friend had on her face, she was like a weird... sad jealous expression, it was really weird," you say, you kinda regretted it after saying it because it was just a weird thing to point out and a bad attempt at small talk.

"Hmm that is a little weird," she says, how did she not find that extremely weird? whatever, "here we are!" she exclaims, you look up at the house in front of you which was surprisingly big considering you didn't think your mom got paid much... maybe your dad left a big inheritance or something... who knows.

"Wow this is pretty nice," you say as you walk through the front door and look around at the decorations on the walls, the house was even furnished!

"Yeah it is," she says in a forced happy tone, which worried you because it gave you the feeling that this is bringing on hard times or something

"Well I'm going to explore" you get an ok as you start exploring this house, you see a pretty nice room, you like it so you decide to claim it as your own, after a little exploring you get bored so you decide to go out and explore the town, you get down the stairs and ask your mom "hey can I go explore the town".

"Yes you can sweetie," she says, you feel like asking for money but decide against it.

"Ok see you later"

"Don't stay out too late!" she yells as you are running out the door.

"I will be back by dinner" you yell back, you step outside and take a breath of the fresh air, after a little exploration you find a place called sugar cube corner it seems to be a sweets shop and decide to go in, it smells great in the shop and everything looked good, but you realized... you had no money so you just decide to call it a night and set off for home but then you hear someone call.

"HEY!" and before you knew it a pink pony with a balloon cutie Mark was bouncing in front of you "you are the new arrival in town right" she talked faster than you have ever heard anyone talk so fast and it was kinda freaking you out.

"Y...yeah" you stammer, she was creeping you out like she was bouncing in front of you.

"Great I hope you enjoy the party tonight," she says "I have to get back to work bye!" she practically yells as she zooms behind the counter.

"what party," you ask yourself aloud "whatever" you start to walk to the door before you stopped in your tracks as you see a certain orange filly and her friends approaching the door "oh great" you mutter as they walk through the door.

Author's Note:

More changes made to this chapter.