• Published 11th Nov 2018
  • 17,757 Views, 513 Comments

1000 Years - DekaSkittalz



How does one spend 1000 years trapped in stone?

  • ...
38
 513
 17,757

Day 32

Man, I tell ya. Being trapped in stone…. It’s strange. I can’t breathe, I can’t move; yet at the same time, there's no stiffness that you’d expect from being in one position for an extended period of time. It’s more of an annoyance than anything; being unable to move or change what you’re looking at. But I know it will end up pissing me off at some point or another.

Admittedly, it is kinda dehumanizing. Others look at ya and don’t even acknowledge that you are, or even were a person. They just look at you with the same regard a child has for something they’ve never seen before; passing curiosity, but never an actual interest.

Actually, that wouldn’t be a fair assessment. Not EVERYONE looks at me like that. The one who put me in this situation will frown every time she sees me. I’d return the favor, but I’m a bit stuck at the moment. I can’t even do anything to try and spite her. Eh, I guess my mere existence will have to suffice.

What’s also annoying is the constant barrage of information constantly cluttering my vision. What do I mean by this? Well, I came into contact with a certain… artifact let's call it. From what I can gather, it allows me to get information on things just by looking at them. Sounds cool, right? Well not when you can’t control it. They look like little transparent popup windows you’d see as a hud on a computer game or something like that. Not that I can see my own information, rather I can see others. How it’s like that if it’s an ancient artifact? Hell if I know. My best guess is that it adapts to a form that’s familiar with the one who has it. All I know is that when I stared at it for too long it felt like somebody was stabbing my eye.

The first few days I was practically blind due to how much text I saw. My left eye is the only one affected by this it seems, as when I closed it, it would all stop. That lil tidbit doesn’t help me right now though, as I can’t really close it. I’ve managed tone it back a bit through sheer force of will, but it’s still fairly cluttered. At least I can see something other than words now though.

Speaking of things other than words, here comes lil miss sunshine herself. Looks like her sister is with her. She only gives me a passing glance, while her sister stops when she’s in front of me. She sits down and stares up at me. Unfortunately I can’t really get a good look at her as my vision is locked in one direction. Not being able to move my eyes and such.

“Sister, why did we have to use the elements on this one?” She asks after staring at me for a moment.

Celestia stops and turns back around to look at her sister. Eyeing me as she walks back to her sister, she speaks. “This one possessed a dangerous power. That’s why.”

‘Dangerous my ass! I'm more of a hazard to myself than anything; my vision is so poor with this left eye that I’m liable to walk off a cliff without even realizing it! Well… I was.’

Luna tilted her head at me with a frown. “Yes, I know. You told me when you were trying to convince me to use it on it. I mean what makes his power so dangerous? Let alone what even is it?”

Celestia pondered this for a moment, as if she didn’t know. Which would really piss me off if she didn’t have a good reason. “It came about when Discord was still running about. Surely it can’t be good.”

‘Don’t call me Shirley! Wait, don’t call me an ‘it’ either!’

“That doesn’t answer my question, sister.” Luna threw at her.

Celestia let out a sigh. “There’s just no hiding things from you, is there?”

Luna shook her head and maintained her no bullshit look.

“You remember something called a “Left Eye”?”

Now they had my attention, whereas before I was only half paying attention and mocking them. the hell was a Left Eye?

Luna’s eyes widened at just the mention of it, which couldn’t be good. I may not like these Ponies but that doesn’t mean I wanna be under something’s control or whatever this could entail.

“You mean THE Left Eye? Who’s last holder was undefeatable in battle, at least according to legend?” Luna asked aloud.

Celestia nodded. “The very same.”

Now this confused me. I don’t see how this thing could have any practical battle applications. Maybe in a logistical sense, but not in actual battle. Who was this “undefeatable” person? Why did they have to use this power for bad? Fucked it up for me ya know!

“But… just because it has the Left Eye, that means it was inherently evil? How is that fair of us to assume that of it? Who are we to consider ourselves judge, jury, and executioner?”

‘Thank you! A voice of reason!’

Celestia at least had it in her to look guilty at that. “Perhaps not. But it was not a risk to be taken while Discord was still out. Perhaps, in another time, we might have been able to be friends. But what’s done is done. If I could go back I would still do it the same way.” she actually looked a slight bit downtrodden by that fact.

Unfortunately for her, her answer only seemed to piss me off even more than her having no answer at all. ‘All based on a what if?! A possibility!? Fuck you too Celestia!’ sighing internally, I try to calm myself. ‘There’s nothing for it. I’m stuck like this for god knows how long, maybe even forever. During my little mental bout with myself I failed to notice a few things the two said, as they had now just finished up a hug and were once again on their way.

Sighing to myself, I resign myself back to my fate. Watching the environment. Can’t even sleep to pass the time… And I LOVE sleeping! damnit!

Author's Note:

Not associated with Beyonneta!