• Published 10th Nov 2018
  • 2,979 Views, 21 Comments

One Mistake Can Lead To Pain (remake) - SoarinDash-lover



Rainbow Dash has started having stomach pains just after she and soarin went on a date. She asks her friends what could be wrong with her but what they suggested shocks her!

  • ...
6
 21
 2,979

Chapter 2: Sick Day

Author's Note:

Second chapter original: here
Not many changes in this one. I might not make big changes unless I find it absolutely necessary. Hope you enjoyed! :pinkiehappy:

Rainbow woke up to the sound of her alarm clock, her hair was all tangled and her eyes were tired. Rainbow then groaned like she was sick. She heard a knock on her door and when she didn't respond the door opened and her mother was standing in the doorway. Firefly had blue hair, pink skin and purple eyes, she wore a cyan blue button shirt, pink pants with two blue lightning bolts sewed onto the front pockets, and a pair of cyan blue flats.

"Rainbow sweetie time to get up. Your gonna be late for school for the third time this week." Firefly said, a little annoyed. Rainbow turned to face her mom and Firefly looked into her daughter's eyes and saw that they were watering.

"Rainbow, sweetie, are you okay?" Firefly asked with a little more of a concerned tone.

"I-I-I don't feel so good mom," Rainbow said, her face turning paler by the second. Firefly walked over to Rainbow and put her hand over her forehead and then grabbed the thermometer and put it in her mouth. About 30 seconds later it beeped showing Rainbow's temperature was 99.8; a little bit higher than regular body temperature. She wasn't sick but she looked to be in pain and her face wasn't cyan blue anymore, it was more of a very pale blue.

Rainbow sat up and looked at her bathroom for a second before getting up and running to it, closing the door behind her. About 10 seconds later Firefly opened the door and knelt down next to her daughter and pulled her hair out of the way as she vomited. There was absolutely no way that Rainbow was going to school today.

Rainbow finally stopped vomiting and just sat there shaking, she had been in the bathroom for at least 2 minutes. Her mother pulled her close and let Rainbow rest her head on her chest, still shaking. She rubbed her back and rocked her side to side. She didn't know what this was, Is it some kind of sickness? Firefly heard the door open again and looked up to see her husband looking down at them in shock and concern.

"Is she ok?" Spectrum asked.

"I think so, but I want you to call the school and tell them that she won't be there today," Firefly said "and I'm going to stay home today and help Rainbow. I'll call work and tell them that I can't come in today," Firefly said.

"Okay well I'll go call, then I'll get going to work," Spectrum said. He leaned down and kissed Firefly and then kissed Dash on the forehead and said, "I hope you feel better soon Dashie. See ya after work."

"Bye dad," Rainbow said in a weak tone.

Spectrum went downstairs and picked up the phone and dialed in Rainbow's school's number and a lady answered the phone.

"This is Canterlot High, vice principal Luna speaking. How may I help you?"

"Uh- yeah my daughter won't be able to make it into school today on account of being sick," Spectrum said.

"Ok, girls name please?" Luna asked.

"Rainbow Dash,"

"Alright thank you for informing us about this. I will tell Principal Celesta, goodbye," Luna said.

"Bye," spectrum said and hung. As he walked out the door to go to work, he began to wonder how long this would last and if a certain Wonderbolt had something to do with it.


'Canterlot High'


"I wonder where Rainbow is," Soarin said. He was starting to hang out with Rainbows friends a lot, and Luna just happened to hear his comment and turned to answer his question.

"Miss Rainbow Dash is out sick today," Luna said.

"Oh ok thanks Vice Principal Luna," Soarin said. Luna nodded and continued about her day.

"Well it's gonna be super duper boring without Dashie," Pinkie said.

"Oh girls come on it can't be that boring without Rainbow," Twilight said.

"Well Twilight, darling, we find Rainbow quite funny sometimes," Rarity said.

"Yeah Twilight, we all find that Rainbow's got her funny moments and she just goes with it," Applejack said.

"I wasn't saying that rainbow wasn't funny, I was saying that we can have a nice day without her at least once," Twilight said.

"I guess," Soarin said, then the bell rang sending all kids to class.


'Rainbows house'


"Mom stop it. I feel better now. You don't have to keep asking if I need anything," Rainbow said.

"Okay, okay I get it. Leave you alone, got it," Firefly said.

"Thank you." Rainbow said with a hint of annoyance in her voice.

All day long Rainbow had these episodes of anger, sadness, and happiness, it was really weird. Firefly walked downstairs and turned on the TV and turned it to the news.

"This just in, a criminal named Shadow has escaped from prison. If anyone sees a man that looks like this please call this number right here," the news women said. The picture was of a man wearing orange. He had gray skin and black hair and purple eyes. Firefly had to remember this person when she went out in public. She then heard a knock on the door and went to answer it. When she opened the door she saw Twilight Velvet standing there.

"Velvet what are you doing here?" Firefly asked.

"Did you hear about the escaped prisoner?" Velvet asked.

"Yeah I did but it was only just on. How did you get here so fast?" Firefly asked.

"I was doing my run when I turned on my radio and turned it to the news and heard about it. I wonder what he is capable of?" Velvet said.

"I don't know, but quite frankly I don't want to find out," Firefly said.