• Published 10th Nov 2018
  • 3,237 Views, 12 Comments

Princess Twilight Meets New Friends - Lonely Fanboy48



While everyone was gone, including Human Twilight, Princess Twilight spends her Summer vacation in the Mirror World by meeting people she missed when she was away.

  • ...
12
 12
 3,237

Lots Of Explaining To Do

“Flash Sentry!” Twilight cheered. “I haven’t seen you in so long!” Quick as she could, Twilight stood up to receive Flash with a warm hug. “Hey, how about you join us for the day?”

“I think we should talk first,” Flash said.

“About what?” Twilight said. “Is it serious?”

“Kind of. Just give me ten minutes of your time,” Flash said, before leading Twilight away to the parking lot.

Juniper and Wallflower looked on, wondering just what it was that the strange boy wanted with their new friend.

“I didn’t know the other Twilight had a boyfriend,” Wallflower said.


Up in the parking lot, Flash led Twilight to where he parked his car.

“It’s nice seeing you again,” Twilight said, hoping to start the conversation on a positive note.

“You too. For the most part, at least,” Flash said.

Twilight wondered what he could have meant, as she watched Flash open his trunk, and produce two water bottles from a cooler inside. One of these, he handed to Twilight.

Twilight uncapped the bottle, and took an usure sip as she waited for Flash to say something.

“What’s up?” Twilight asked, deciding she should be the one to initiate things.

“Nothing, really. Mostly, I’m surprised to see you back here. I thought you had some sick family members to take care of,” Flash said.

“Well, things aren’t so bad with them today, so I thought I’d take some time to go to the beach,” Twilight lied.

“I know how that feels. I have to sacrifice a lot of my time too, since my mom’s always sick too,” Flash said.

“Is she?” Twilight wondered, tilting her head.

“Yes. I end up having to push back a lot of my personal plans and errands, just to take care of her. Of course, I’m sure you know all about that.”

“Mm,” Twilight half-heartedly affirmed, with a slight nod of her head. She watched as Flash took a heavy drink from his water bottle. “You didn’t just ask me up here to catch up, did you?” she asked.

“I’ve been talking to Sunset a lot lately. You know what she told me?” Flash asked.

“No.”

“She said I’d have to get over you. What’d she mean by that? She didn’t seem to want to tell me what was going on, so I wanted to ask you personally. Why do I have to get over you?” Flash asked.

Twilight felt her heart break in that moment. She was going to have to tell Flash that there was another boy.

“Flash...I think you should know something. We haven’t seen each other in a long time. And…” Twilight exhaled deeply, psyching herself up for what was to come. “I’ve met someone else.”

Flash didn’t say anything. Instead, he leaned his back against his car, and stared off into the distance as he took another sip from his water bottle.

“Flash?” Twilight asked.

There was no response. Flash simply continued to stare into nothingness.

“Flash, say something. Please.”

Flash sighed, and finished the remainder of his water bottle.

“Guess that’s that,” Flash said.

“No. Flash, don’t say that. Please, don’t let it end like this,” Twilight said, tears welling up in her eyes.

“Twilight,” Flash began, as he crumpled his water bottle, “I think we both knew that this was ending, one way or another. The fact that the two of us barely see each other on a good week is enough to prove that. As much as I hate the idea, the two of us can’t be together. And I can only be happy for you that you found someone else.”

Twilight didn’t didn’t know what to say. Flash was right, and she knew it. The bitter truth crept into her throat, stifling her voice further. Keeping up the appearance of one Twilight Sparkle was starting to take its toll on her. The one boy she cared about most of all was now going to be gone from her life because of it.

Not knowing what else to do, Twilight walked to Flash’s side, and draped her arms around him.

“For what it’s worth, I’m glad we had what we did. No matter how small it was,” Twilight said, as she rested her head on his shoulder.

Flash sighed slowly, and placed his hand on Twilight’s arm.

“We’ll do alright, the two of us. Just, not together,” Flash said simply.

“Mm…” Twilight said, as she tightened her hold on him. “This doesn’t mean we have to end everything. Does it?”

“No.”

“Want to get some ice cream?”

“Yeah.”

The two walked over to the nearest concessions. No longer lovers, but as close as friends could be. The kind of friends who experienced something more, only to learn it was beyond their grasp.